Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

University/College

• Please log in to reply
4000 replies to this topic

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I make great reservations!

• 20,821 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,328 rep

hey guys....

I'M DONE UNIVERSITY 

Congrats, Carling!  All your hard work has paid off.  :hug:

Khaleesi.

Khaleesi.
  • #sneakyoutlaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,423 posts
  • Joined Jul 31, 2005
  • 3,030 rep

congrats!!! :)

Congrats though Carling, that's so exciting!! 

Woo, congrats! :hug: I'm so happy for you.

Congrats, Carling!  All your hard work has paid off.   :hug:

:D
What's your plan now?

thanks so much, everyone!!! :D 

i'm gonna be going for my paralegal license in the fall. i thought i'd do that before actual law school so that i can get experiences and references needed for law school applications (the paralegal diploma has a mandatory semester of placement), and it'll be a good backup incase law school doesn't work out! 

St.JimmyLied

St.JimmyLied
  • Jesus of Pittsburghia

• 8,667 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2009
  • 399 rep

Congrats, Carling!  :happy:

Yay. My loan forgiveness went through, so I'm debt free from art school. The only 'issue' is the lack of a degree. :P

I've had time to reflect on my situation and I've come to a conclusion. While I would enjoy having it, I just don't think that now is the time to worry about getting a degree. Other than the Art Institute, there aren't any schools around me that focus on art. I'm out of luck since I refuse to go there. It would be more beneficial at the moment to get a better job and focus on obtaining more clients for my graphic design business. When it comes down to it, I don't necessarily have to have a degree in my field to make it. Would it be nice? Of course. It's not going to be the key factor of my success, though. My abilities as a graphic designer and business owner will decide whether or not I can be successful.

Katarina.

Katarina.
  • Wanderlust

• 25,678 posts
  • Joined Sep 27, 2007
  • 3,064 rep
My finals are in mid June and if I have to repeat them it's the first week of July. Really hope the latter won't happen!
Ugh I have so much to do/read, too much at once.

John.

John.
  • I sought my image in the scorching glass

• 28,885 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 6,786 rep

If I want to, I can use my weekend to write my final paper for diplomacy and my last project for research methods, and then after Monday's presentation to the capstone board I'll more or less have nothing left to do but show up for the last two weeks of class. Though since neither of those things are due until May and half the time I feel mentally exhausted, I might just dick around instead. Either way, it's basically over and that's a relief. After Monday I know I'll feel a fuckton better. 

Lindsay

Lindsay
  • Tittysprinkles

• 5,445 posts
  • Joined Mar 08, 2010
  • 3,503 rep

Got my first class mark back, got an A- in Marketing Design! Happy with it as I was expecting a B+ in that class so it was nice to see it a bit higher. For my other Marketing class that doesn't have a final, all of my assignment marks have been posted but not my final mark yet, I think it'll be a B+ so I'm happy with that too.

Now just need to rock my Finance, Recruitment, and Sociology finals and then I'm free for the summer. :happy:

Mary711

Mary711
  • Living for the next show

• 8,279 posts
  • Joined Jun 30, 2010
  • 2,210 rep

So I guess I'm officially allowed to join this thread now. :)

It's all sorted at work that I'm going to leave by the end of July to start with university in October. I already did a lot of research in the right courses for me and I'm really excited where it'll take me. I want to apply for 3 universities in my current area and see what comes out of that.

Billie Hoe is my hero

Billie Hoe is my hero
  • ♥ Jimmy Sullivan ♥

• 18,413 posts
  • Joined Jun 14, 2005
  • 779 rep

I need to write four more pages on my final bachelor assignment. Will probably finish it early next week. I definitely need to make some changes, but hopefully it won't be too hard. Don't really care about the grade at all, just let me pass this stupid thing. I really want to get a master degree and study for two more years, but I'm not sure if I can do it. =/   

So I guess I'm officially allowed to join this thread now. :)

It's all sorted at work that I'm going to leave by the end of July to start with university in October. I already did a lot of research in the right courses for me and I'm really excited where it'll take me. I want to apply for 3 universities in my current area and see what comes out of that.

Which studyprograms will you apply for? :)

Mary711

Mary711
  • Living for the next show

• 8,279 posts
  • Joined Jun 30, 2010
  • 2,210 rep

I need to write four more pages on my final bachelor assignment. Will probably finish it early next week. I definitely need to make some changes, but hopefully it won't be too hard. Don't really care about the grade at all, just let me pass this stupid thing. I really want to get a master degree and study for two more years, but I'm not sure if I can do it. =/   

Which studyprograms will you apply for? :)

Depends a little on the university and their offers, but I'll make my decision between economics, business administration, law and politics. Sometimes it's possbile to combine two of them though. There even is a programm for business administration that is completely held in English which is something I'd love to do in combination with one of the others. :)

Steven Seagull

Steven Seagull
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Joined Dec 02, 2012
  • 532 rep

4th semester on computer science university.

Vesper

Vesper
  • Channelling Her

• 16,990 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,130 rep

My favourite historian just tweeted me. Officially fangirling. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users