Liam

University/College

Kaddi.

Done with all the exams! :runaround:

Boston

Found out about my roommate and she seems alright. I can't wait to get back and start classes and everything, I'm getting sick of home/working life at this point. Four weeks to go.

Lindsay

Five more weeks until school starts up again for me. As stupid as it sounds, I'm looking forward to having stuff to work on again, when I'm not working I feel like I'm doing nothing productive. :lol: I'm sure when midterms roll around I'll have a different mindset but for now, I'm kind of excited. Really need to get my GPA up this semester though. Hopefully Managerial Accounting won't bring it down like Financial did.

Undómiel

Is having a roommate fairly standard in the US?

Katarina.

Done with all the exams! :runaround:

Great! Did they go well and when do you know the results? :)

lizziebix

Is having a roommate fairly standard in the US?

Yes. Sometimes it's a quad - double rooms on either side of a living room and a small kitchen. Mostly its doubles with 2 single beds, 2 desks and one closet. Most universities require you to live in the dorms at least your first year. After that you can move "off campus," meaning a shared apartment. Which while considered off campus, are usually realy on campus or really really close by!

Heather!

At my university living on campus isn't required, and usually it's mostly underclassmen who do. I think state schools tend to operate more that way. There are lots of options though!

Traditional dorms are double rooms (2 beds, 2 desks, 2 closets) with a bathroom shared by the whole hall, and suite-style is two or three rooms (3-5 people) people sharing one bathroom. and apartment style is similar to suites except you get your own kitchen and most of the rooms are single occupancy.

Kaddi.

Great! Did they go well and when do you know the results? :)

Yay, I feel so relieved. I had 8 exams within 3 weeks, it was a bit stressful. :P Some of them went quite well, others didn't. :lol: I really don't know... some profs only need two or three weeks, others need two or three months.

Undómiel

Yes. Sometimes it's a quad - double rooms on either side of a living room and a small kitchen. Mostly its doubles with 2 single beds, 2 desks and one closet. Most universities require you to live in the dorms at least your first year. After that you can move "off campus," meaning a shared apartment. Which while considered off campus, are usually realy on campus or really really close by!

Yeah we mostly live on campus for the first year but it's very rare that you share a room. Usually you share a corridor (or hall) with 6-8 people, or a house with 12 etc.. but you all have your own room.

WalkingContradictionPL

Yeah we mostly live on campus for the first year but it's very rare that you share a room. Usually you share a corridor (or hall) with 6-8 people, or a house with 12 etc.. but you all have your own room.

In Poland is completely different. For the first year there's not enough places for students in dorms and we must look for room or apartment on our own.

Katarina.

In Poland is completely different. For the first year there's not enough places for students in dorms and we must look for room or apartment on our own.

That's how it is here as well. I study in Amsterdam and there aren't enough dorms/apartments for students so you have to search for it yourself. That's why I still live at home and I'm going to uni by train :lol:

WalkingContradictionPL

That's how it is here as well. I study in Amsterdam and there aren't enough dorms/apartments for students so you have to search for it yourself. That's why I still live at home and I'm going to uni by train :lol:

How many minutes/hours do you travll to your uni?

Katarina.

How many minutes/hours do you travll to your uni?

Last year it was like 30 minutes with the train/bus, but I moved to another city recently which is why it's over 2 hours to get there. How about you?

Rita

Whoa. This year I'm renting a flat across the park from my uni, it's like a three-minute walk to get there. I feel lucky now. :o

Graysen

Finally got to choose my courses this week for my first year of university. My schedule has changed around quite a bit since originally choosing my courses because University of Toronto has 600+ pages of courses for just the faculty of Arts and Sciences alone, so to say that I have a lot of options is an understatement. The fact that there's so much to choose from makes narrowing down my choices to only 5 classes is fucking DIFFICULT because I want to take ALL THE THINGS because many of the courses are so fucking interesting.

Anyway, here's my current schedule for the fall semester:

vyrnl.png

UNI255: Histories of Sexualities

NEW240: Introduction to Equity Studies

UNI104: Sex and the City

WalkingContradictionPL

Last year it was like 30 minutes with the train/bus, but I moved to another city recently which is why it's over 2 hours to get there. How about you?

From apartment where I'll be living with my friends in Warsaw it's 25 minutes by tram and 15 minutes by underground by metro station is about 10 minutes from my apartment so it's no matter what I choose. But from my town to Warsaw is 3 hours by train.

Heather!

I got a thing in the mail with my roommate info so I texted the contact number she gave... and it was her mom's. so I had to ask her for my roommate's number. ugh awkward. I hope we get along because last year I had a pretty terrible roommate and I applied for a single room for this fall but ended up not getting one.

Juliette

I can't imagine sharing a room with anyone, let alone a complete stranger.

Undómiel

I am so very very excited.

Kaddi.

You go two hours by train every day? :o

Katarina.

You go two hours by train every day? :o

I will when uni starts again. Not every day of course, only when I have important classes/lectures. This is what it's gonna be until I can find a place for myself.

Do you live close to uni?

Zelda

I'm leaving to go up to college next Sunday. Exactly one week.

:mellow:

Kaddi.

I will when uni starts again. Not every day of course, only when I have important classes/lectures. This is what it's gonna be until I can find a place for myself.

Do you live close to uni?

I lived with my parents for my first two years of uni. It was about 40 minutes by car every day, so it was kinda close. Now that I've moved in with my boyfriend, I live in the city where I also go to uni, so it's only 5 minutes by car now. :) But more than 2 hours... that sucks. =/ I hope you'll find a place soon.

Lindsay

2 hours to get to school would blow. It's about a 25 minute drive for me to get to my uni, so not too bad at all.

Undómiel

I can't wait!! AHHH MAN I'm so excited.

8 weeks 'til my course official starts. 7 weeks until freshers!!