Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

2 days left to enter photography contest

We're having a photography contest where you guys send in a photo that describes what that time of year means to you.

Photo

Tumblr

• Please log in to reply
2785 replies to this topic

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,580 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 5,219 rep

I just reinstalled xKit after having gone for months without and why, God, why did I wait so long??

I'm so glad it's back in my life :') and as frustrating as it was to reset everything, it made me browse the extensions again and I found some that I hadn't know about!

Demon!Dean

Demon!Dean
  • And I breathe No More

• 9,445 posts
  • Joined Dec 06, 2011
  • 2,073 rep

511 posts in one of my themed blog, and i started it this month? unreal. :lol:

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 18,580 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 5,219 rep

Got another 300 followers overnight on my SNL blog ... it's gotta be getting recommended or featured, something, because it's not like I got many reblogs yesterday (where it could be assumed that a popular post was showing up on a lot of people's dashes), just a bunch of new followers, and they don't all seem to be bots. I wish there was a way to tell how people found it! :lol:

• Demon!Dean and Stacie Anne like this

Demon!Dean

Demon!Dean
  • And I breathe No More

• 9,445 posts
  • Joined Dec 06, 2011
  • 2,073 rep

i posted a Mark Sheppard/ Jared Padalecki pic, 2 days ago.  the first day it was posted 4 notes, by tonight  110 notes and possibly counting

Eva

Eva
  • Rebel Without a Car

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,286 posts
  • Joined Jun 09, 2011
  • 4,791 rep

A selfie I posted last week has 228 notes. :mellow: Damn.

• Demon!Dean and Dirntbag like this

Stacie Anne

Stacie Anne
  • 13,506 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 7,815 rep

i love nearly everything about my current theme, but the text this is so small, and when i went to change it through the html, it;s got individual settings for each different type of post, different section and basically every place on the page, there's no general 'hey bump it up a bit yeah' like on 99% of other themes i've used. BAH. :mad:

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Anything But The Mainstream

• 13,548 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 13,626 rep

I keep forgetting that posting political stuff is a sure-fire way to gain notes/followers. I've gotten a few new followers and over 100 notes in 24 hours just for making a couple of political posts on Tumblr :lol:

Demon!Dean

Demon!Dean
  • And I breathe No More

• 9,445 posts
  • Joined Dec 06, 2011
  • 2,073 rep

now my post is up to 144. 

Penguin Puffball

Penguin Puffball
  • Mary Poopins

• 20,389 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 3,846 rep

I changed my username to professional-jackass omg I'm so glad that name wasn't already taken

• Demon!Dean likes this

Demon!Dean

Demon!Dean
  • And I breathe No More

• 9,445 posts
  • Joined Dec 06, 2011
  • 2,073 rep

i finally hit 360 followers on my main blog!

Morrissey.

Morrissey.
  • Lonely Starbucks Lover

• 17,637 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 18,898 rep

I've decided to give Tumblr a go again. Here's my account if you're interested.

Also I've forgotten how to turn the fucking annoying popup hints off. Little help?

• Lady Nightlife likes this

Demon!Dean

Demon!Dean
  • And I breathe No More

• 9,445 posts
  • Joined Dec 06, 2011
  • 2,073 rep

I've decided to give Tumblr a go again. Here's my account if you're interested.

Also I've forgotten how to turn the fucking annoying popup hints off. Little help?

Followed. If you have Xkit, maybe  you can get the hints off. i've never had experience with those though.

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife

• 13,548 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 13,626 rep

I don't know how much time you guys spend on the political side of Tumblr, but if you have you've probably heard of Communism Kills. If not, here's her FB page.

Anyway she got the shit doxxed out of her and while I do think doxxing is shitty and terrible and no one should go through it, I can't help being secretly pleased about her getting exposed like this. On the other hand, these trigger happy SJW's make me really happy that I haven't made a name for myself on Tumblr by being anti-feminism, etc.

Sofouska

Sofouska
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Joined Aug 13, 2010
  • 953 rep
But this is so pointless like, she'll obviously never change her mind so let's just agree to disagree and ignore her. I don't get this at all. It's the same thing when, for example, misogynists send vicious messages to feminists online. No matter where you stand on a specific subject, when both parties are not willing to change their mind or have a civilized dialogue, then arguing on the internet is dumb and pointless and we become worse.
  • Dirntbag likes this

Dirntbag

Dirntbag
  • Unsuspicious Individual

• 3,229 posts
  • Joined Jan 15, 2012
  • 3,136 rep

All this "doxxing" stuff is so dumb and actually quite scary. It's like - I'm going to decide for you if you deserve to be punished or not for your actions. I don't care if people are saying super racist stuff, it's just wrong to retaliate in this way. Maybe tell them yourself what exactly is wrong with what they're doing, but to go beyond that and get their personal details and threaten them is really messed up and not ok in my book. 

The worst part is that anyone on tumblr will tell you that you're a demon if you don't think that racists should get what's coming to them, and then maybe even turn on you and say you're supporting racists, so you must be one. Ugh, people blow things SO MUCH out of proportion on tumblr...

Advertising

wood

wood
  • The Giving Tree

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014
  • 945 rep

As someone who invests time in researching various social media outlets, Tumblr has been getting hit pretty hard in the PR department. I mean, 4chan is the garbage pit of the Internet, but even then, people cite some of the good it has done (social justice website hacking, hilarious spam operations, etc). Tumblr just gets picked apart so often. By Imgur, 4chan and even Twitter, to an extent. There's one campaign going on right now to get people to vote for Tumblr as the biggest social media bully.

Dirntbag

Dirntbag

• 3,229 posts
  • Joined Jan 15, 2012
  • 3,136 rep

As someone who invests time in researching various social media outlets, Tumblr has been getting hit pretty hard in the PR department. I mean, 4chan is the garbage pit of the Internet, but even then, people cite some of the good it has done (social justice website hacking, hilarious spam operations, etc). Tumblr just gets picked apart so often. By Imgur, 4chan and even Twitter, to an extent. There's one campaign going on right now to get people to vote for Tumblr as the biggest social media bully.

That should be GDC  :(  :cry:

Nah, but that's kind of true. It's getting a reputation for being full of overreacting social justice warriors and it's kind of embarrassing to be affiliated with it right now...

Eva

Eva
  • Rebel Without a Car

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,286 posts
  • Joined Jun 09, 2011
  • 4,791 rep

I understand where you all are coming from, but at the same time, the social justice that happens on Tumblr is important. It's not good to jump down people's throats, of course, but I absolutely loathe the fact that "social justice" is seen as a negative term on Tumblr - it's justice for society. That's it. To me, one of Tumblr's most valuable qualities is its ability to educate people quite easily. Without Tumblr, I wouldn't know half of the things about transgender people as I do now, for example. Social justice is not a negative thing, "social justice warriors" are not a negative thing, being a bitch and screaming at others for no reason, however, is, but not everyone interested in social justice does that and it's pretty harmful to a lot of causes.

Anyway, I follow a lot of people who have been reblogging a lot of doxxing stuff and I just ignore it. It makes me uncomfortable to see people's personal information displayed so publicly (especially if it involves credit cards) but at the same time, anyone who's a member of the KKK is a piece of shit and should be exposed.

• Mar, Dirntbag and Lady Nightlife like this

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal

• 15,144 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 5,013 rep

I don't know how much time you guys spend on the political side of Tumblr, but if you have you've probably heard of Communism Kills. If not, here's her FB page.

Anyway she got the shit doxxed out of her and while I do think doxxing is shitty and terrible and no one should go through it, I can't help being secretly pleased about her getting exposed like this. On the other hand, these trigger happy SJW's make me really happy that I haven't made a name for myself on Tumblr by being anti-feminism, etc.

But this is so pointless like, she'll obviously never change her mind so let's just agree to disagree and ignore her. I don't get this at all. It's the same thing when, for example, misogynists send vicious messages to feminists online. No matter where you stand on a specific subject, when both parties are not willing to change their mind or have a civilized dialogue, then arguing on the internet is dumb and pointless and we become worse.

It technically wasn't doxxing, since all the leaked information was actually stuff she had shown publicly. I mean, the KKK, that was a dox (and a really good one :lol: ).  But all that got leaked of communismkills' was public stuff from tumblr and facebook.

And it'd be ok if she kept her opinions to herself/her own blog. But she seeks out people to deliberately send them racist, transphobic, bullying shit. I follow someone who got harassed by her neo-nazi friends, and that person was so so happy to see her get so wound up. I don't feel bad for her at all

I understand where you all are coming from, but at the same time, the social justice that happens on Tumblr is important. It's not good to jump down people's throats, of course, but I absolutely loathe the fact that "social justice" is seen as a negative term on Tumblr - it's justice for society. That's it. To me, one of Tumblr's most valuable qualities is its ability to educate people quite easily. Without Tumblr, I wouldn't know half of the things about transgender people as I do now, for example. Social justice is not a negative thing, "social justice warriors" are not a negative thing, being a bitch and screaming at others for no reason, however, is, but not everyone interested in social justice does that and it's pretty harmful to a lot of causes.

Anyway, I follow a lot of people who have been reblogging a lot of doxxing stuff and I just ignore it. It makes me uncomfortable to see people's personal information displayed so publicly (especially if it involves credit cards) but at the same time, anyone who's a member of the KKK is a piece of shit and should be exposed.

yeah if it wasn't for tumblr I probably would still think of myself as a girl. I'd probably be straight!! Horrible

but seriously, I find out so much through tumblr, not only about myself but also a lot of news. I wouldn't know about Ferguson, for one. I also would know much about problems in my own country. Once you know how to weed out the bull it's really good

Dirntbag

Dirntbag

• 3,229 posts
  • Joined Jan 15, 2012
  • 3,136 rep

Yeah, my previous post sounded a little harsh, but I agree that the social justice that people exhibit on tumblr isn't bad at all. Being on tumblr has made me way more aware about tons of issues, and there's a bonus that real people that are affected by the issue are talking, and not just people that have been interviewed or whatever. I wouldn't be nearly so well-versed in political issues and issues of social justice without tumblr, and it's great that I can count on it to be a community of people who are fighting for equality.

I think SJWs on tumblr are given a bad name because in some instances, someone will label themselves an SJW and not really know what they're talking about, or instead of educating people, just jump down their throats as soon as they disagree. (And also cause people probably don't enjoy getting called out on their problematic behavior, too :lol: )

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife

• 13,548 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 13,626 rep

Yeah normally I am not a fan of doxxing or spreading people's information but CK is just so shite. I feel bad about being happy, especially because her mom was pulled into it but she's just awful. And I know this is hypocrisy but I'm just being honest :lol: Even when I was a Republican/conservative, she rubbed me all sorts of the wrong way and I saw her bullying users time and time again.

I agree that I've learned a lot about social issues from being on Tumblr but that's really in spite of the SJW's instead of because of them. The problem with most SJW's is that I see them jumping down people's throats way more than I see them educating. It's not that hard to intersperse a random reblog of an educational post instead of just railing against the entire white, cis, male segments of the population and the intersections thereof :P

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 15,144 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 5,013 rep

I agree that I've learned a lot about social issues from being on Tumblr but that's really in spite of the SJW's instead of because of them. The problem with most SJW's is that I see them jumping down people's throats way more than I see them educating. It's not that hard to intersperse a random reblog of an educational post instead of just railing against the entire white, cis, male segments of the population and the intersections thereof :P

I think the reason most of the well known "SJW" blogs are not considered to be educational is because they're not made for whis, cis, straight, male, etc people. They're people of marginalised races, genders, identities, and the majority of their followers are as well. So they tend to post things geared towards those people, rather than people not involved in their communities. But even so, there are some good people to follow if you want to know more as an "outsider". I found an awesome blog called Black-Australia. She posts things for indigenous Australians regarding racism. I'm not indigenous but it's still good to follow and read her posts. I just keep in mind that some of her posts aren't gonna be for me.

but yeah, most people known as SJWs aren't very educational. I mean, SJW is meant as an insult, so if they were educational and nice people probably wouldn't be insulting them :P But I don't think they have any responsibility or obligation to educate either. 

Sofouska

Sofouska
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,476 posts
  • Joined Aug 13, 2010
  • 953 rep
Social justice is fine, I've learnt plenty of things on the internet and so have others. But I do believe that when insults, threats etc. etc. start taking place then no one learns anything, and we become bullies and that's not the purpose. The level of the conversation drops by a thousand (I don't know if I said that correctly).

PigSniffingGlue

PigSniffingGlue
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • Joined Oct 19, 2011
  • 2,304 rep

http://cause-i-love-...nty.tumblr.com/

I post a lot of dumb stuff, including Green day, The Clash, music in general, lots of catoons aimed for 8 years olds, art, my own art, social justice rants and really deep thoughts like "do you think dogs know how cool they are?"

a must-follow blog for everyone

Stacie Anne

Stacie Anne
  • 13,506 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 7,815 rep

brought back my old username to my main blog. i looked through it's old tag and saw how many friends i used to have on there, and how excited people got when i followed them (lol tumblr famous~) and i got nostalgic. 

(here you go)

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 15,144 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 5,013 rep

tumblr has been 300% better since I thought to blacklist 'vegan'. Not that I'm against veganism/vegetarianism. But a lot of people I follow are vegan and i really hate hearing about how terrible a person I am because I still eat meat

• Sofouska and Stacie Anne like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users