Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Go check out and enter this year's GDC's Got Talent!

Photo

Green Day References

• Please log in to reply
1929 replies to this topic

Cruise

Cruise
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • Joined Feb 27, 2010
  • 614 rep

Jack Barakat of All Time Low, compared their set at Sydney Soundwave yesterday to Green Day's Woodstock set. Being in the crowd for this set, I completely see how they can be compared, the only thing that was missing was the mud to throw. Oh and there was the extra piece of the stage starting to fall apart. 

Minus getting cut, our set at Sydney Soundwave today is what I dreamed about as a kid in a band. Rain, Nudity, Moshpits, Crowd-Surfing. Epic

I remember watching videos of Green Day at Woodstock with mud flying everywhere. This is the closest I'll get to that.

Can't wait to come back Australia. You continue to be one of the top places to tour

• Travis. likes this

Travis.

Travis.
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Joined Feb 23, 2014
  • 319 rep

yeah probably he didn't start it on time ;D i think i just didn't hear anything wrong cos i've known the mashup already and didn't listen carefully enough :lol:

Probably :lol:

Todd

Todd
  • Sweet and Sour Children

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,240 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 7,097 rep

soundcloud.png

My soundcloud the other day ;)

• haushinkax3, luv and Darth Seditus like this

emenius

emenius
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Joined Dec 10, 2007
  • 29 rep

For UKers- pretty cool brass version of American idiot by Tatara (from album Maximo Brass) used during section on Obama on the awesome "Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe" from 19/02/15.

Edited by emenius, 04 March 2015 - 04:32 PM.

• Darth Seditus likes this

Darth Seditus

Darth Seditus
  • Resident Leader of the Lost and Found

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 3,077 rep
  • Location:Cooger and Dark's Combined Shadow Shows and Cross-Continental Pandemonium Theatre Company

For UKers- pretty cool brass version of American idiot by Tatara (from album Maximo Brass) used during section on Obama on the awesome "Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe".

Which episode was that?

emenius

emenius
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Joined Dec 10, 2007
  • 29 rep

Which episode was that?

Oops- edited post-was from 19/02/15

• Darth Seditus likes this

Darth Seditus

Darth Seditus
  • Resident Leader of the Lost and Found

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 3,077 rep
  • Location:Cooger and Dark's Combined Shadow Shows and Cross-Continental Pandemonium Theatre Company

Oops- edited post-was from 19/02/15

Thanks, I think I might've missed that one.

21guns&novacaine

21guns&novacaine
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Joined Apr 25, 2013
  • 126 rep
  • Location:Pascalacqua - But home is where the heart is, and that's such a shame, 'cause everyone's heart doesn't beat the same.

I was playing Red Dead Redemption a few days ago, and while clearing out one of the Cemetery's (Coot's Chapel, I think) The final 'boss' zombie guy to get out of his grave, his headstone said Jimmy Saint, and death was a gunshot. I could think of more if I really tried, I'm just coming up blank right now.

21guns&novacaine

21guns&novacaine
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Joined Apr 25, 2013
  • 126 rep
  • Location:Pascalacqua - But home is where the heart is, and that's such a shame, 'cause everyone's heart doesn't beat the same.

Ooh, wait I though of another one!

I was reading Percy Jackson yesterday (Book 3: The Titan's Curse) There's a reference to Green Day when they're at the dance and Percy tells Grover to play something cool, like Green Day. It made my day :D

Travis.

Travis.
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Joined Feb 23, 2014
  • 319 rep

Ooh, wait I though of another one!

I was reading Percy Jackson yesterday (Book 3: The Titan's Curse) There's a reference to Green Day when they're at the dance and Percy tells Grover to play something cool, like Green Day. It made my day :DI r

I read all the books in fifth grade, I wish I would have caught that :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users