Green Day References

Liam

"But on the bright side, on any given night you never know what could happen or who might end up at your show. It wasn’t long ago I was drinking a beer watching Purple perform and next thing you know I find myself in a conversation with Mike Dirnt from Green Day."

http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/cat5/2013/12/26/barely-blind-dusts-off-the-l-a-smog-for-a-one-night-return-to-the-409/#19064101=0

They just played sweet 16 on the voice uk, it was just an instrumental and I was like 'is it...?' And then the words came in and I was like OMG WOO! :D

Also Ameican Idiot is being used in an advert for the middle on sky :)

They just played sweet 16 on the voice uk, it was just an instrumental and I was like 'is it...?' And then the words came in and I was like OMG WOO! :D

Also Ameican Idiot is being used in an advert for the middle on sky :)

That's what I was thinking about Sweet 16! Only I had to Google the lyrics since I don't know the song well enough, I just thought the drums sounded like Tre :lol:

• Like 1

That's what I was thinking about Sweet 16! Only I had to Google the lyrics since I don't know the song well enough, I just thought the drums sounded like Tre :lol:

When the lyrics started I was listening for the words 'sweet 16' and when I heard them I was like 'YES I knew it!' :lol:

• Like 1

I know this is crazy, but what if that rapper is working with Green Day?

We'd have another Nightlife, and no-one wants that.

I know this is crazy, but what if that rapper is working with Green Day?

mhmh ... I think it is most likely a green day's cover

Don't think this is a reference or not, sorry if someone already mentioned it. The band Alkaline Trio have a sing called "Time To Waste", which, in the chorus, has the lyric "such a basket case." Doubt it's a reference but it always makes me think of Green Day :)

Don't think this is a reference or not, sorry if someone already mentioned it. The band Alkaline Trio have a sing called "Time To Waste", which, in the chorus, has the lyric "such a basket case." Doubt it's a reference but it always makes me think of Green Day :)

Similarly, there's a Lamb Of God song, More Time To Kill, from the 2006 album Sacrament with the lyrics "You've been wishing in one hand and shitting in the other / You see which one filled up first."

Was at Barnes and Noble today and they were playing the entire album of Foreverly over the speakers. It's the first time I've ever listened to it lol

• Like 1

Signed up for Spotify and look who's on the first page waiting for me.

LuhMEVJ.png

I hate my job and Millenial mix right next to it! It fits!