Green Day References

Liam

Okay so Idk if this is actually a Green Day reference, but it reminded me of Green Day so I will post. So last night I saw P.O.D last night and at the end of the set Sonny asked "How many minutes do we have?" someone responds "5 minutes" and Sonny says "Five f**king minutes, that's it 5 f**king minutes" then he started laughing and played a song. Idk if he was just saying they had 5 minutes and ironically said like Billie did before at his meltdown at Iheart, if he was making fun of Billie Joe, or if he likes Billie idk.

If I find a video of it I will post. The concert was barley last night so people are still posting and I wasn't filming any of the concert.

5aefe7c4197411e39de622000ae90e7b_7.jpg

That's awesome I would so want to rip that out of a book. School book?

I saw this at a record store this past weekend... Sorry for the glare, but it's called "Ode To Billie Joe" lol. It's spelled right and everything! IMG_2974_zpsea5a2345.jpg

I went to a record/book store today and ¡CUATRO! was there!!! :o Unbelievable!

Although it was kind of traumatic for me to say "I won't buy it, I have it already!" :mellow:

And the dvd I did want to buy wasn't there :pinch:

Today I watched Bob Gruen's "One Shot Rock Seen: Green Day" and even though it lasted less than 5 minutes :( it totally worthed seeing the pics of the boys :happy:

Reading Bret Easton Ellis (author of American Psycho)'s Glamorama--only thirty-three pages in and already there have been two references. A character mentions a Green Day video playing in the background at one point, and later on he quotes the opening line of "Basket Case" to a friend.

I saw this at a record store this past weekend... Sorry for the glare, but it's called "Ode To Billie Joe" lol. It's spelled right and everything! IMG_2974_zpsea5a2345.jpg

"Ode to Billie Joe" is the debut single by Bobbie Gentry and it was very popular back in the days. It's a song about a girl grieving over a former lover, whose name was Billie Joe McAllister. It also implies a miscarriage and the fetus being thrown in the river, off the bridge, by said Billie Joe and the song protagonist. A scary, but good song. Google it.

This is probably some cover version.

^Was it not that Billie Joe (in the song) jumped off the bridge himself? (I've only heard it about once so I don't really know)

I watched the film "Vamps" and in the beginning one of the characters said that her friend introduced her to Green Day, and they showed a picture of them. Then at the end they showed streets in New York and there was a canopy yoke with the American Idiot musical advertised on it. It was a pleasant surprise to see them mentioned twice. :happy:

In the pub recently Burnout was played :D I was so happy cos I rarely hear GD played places and never that song!

And then later on that night in the night-club there was a live band and they played AI :wub:

• Like 1

The other day waiting for a movie to start, while was ending Journey 2: the Misterious Island and the songs were showing the first one was Letterbomb (!!!) and then I remembered there was a topic here about it...

Next day I tuned in and luckily it was right at the start :ga: