Green Day References

Liam

• 3 weeks later...

I can't go through all 92 pages of this, so I hope no one mentioned this 😜

In the 90s there was a sketch comedy show on MTV called "The State." Almost all the members are still doing projects solo and together, so maybe you're familiar with them from things like Reno 911, Wet Hot American Summer, etc. 

Anyway, The State did a skit about a high school girl (played by Thomas Lennon aka Lt. Dangle on Reno 911!) whose notebook doodles made her a famous artist. In her art show was a piece called "Green Day Rules" where she just wrote the phrase over and over on a notebook cover of hers 😂

10 hours ago, RougeRogue said:

HOLY WHOA

In this episode of ER (from April 2004) this kid is listening to AT THE LIBRARY in his room.

Holy what the fuck I never in a million years expected to hear a 1039 SOSH song on tv. Or anywhere else for that matter. :lol:

And especially in 2004. Like ok, Good Riddance being on an episode after it came out is one thing, but that is the most random song at a most random time frame. Like, AI wasn't even out yet!

I'd swear I heard an At The Library instrumental as background music in an episode The Voice or maybe it was another similar show. It was just two or three years ago. 

12 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

I'd swear I heard an At The Library instrumental as background music in an episode The Voice or maybe it was another similar show. It was just two or three years ago. 

Well, wasn't Billie on the voice like 5 years ago? Coincidence perhaps-

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

Well, wasn't Billie on the voice like 5 years ago? Coincidence perhaps-

Yeah, but in the US version - in other countries they make local versions with local celebrities. I guess it was just a conincidence but a funny one considering that most other songs they use are the current biggest hits.

On 18. 11. 2016 at 2:26 AM, desertrose said:

Let's start a secret show rumor! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There were some Green Day references at my office Christmas Party which was at a Dueling piano bar.   I requested a ton of songs but I was amazed when they busted out into When I Come Around.    I wanted to do a deep cut or newer song but I was wondering how many songs these piano clown's actually know.    One friend that kept asking for obscure songs was mad when he saw them trashing his request papers, lol.   

In my German textbook from three years ago, one of the sample letters in the book said "Green Day ist meine Lieblingsgruppe" - Green Day is my favourite group! I was so happy :lol: 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, bouncingoffthewallbja said:

When I go to the mall, the escalators say OTIS on them! I just remembered that :lol:

The Green Day in the Studio 2016 thread once got hyped about a picture of an OTIS car. Alas it was a car from the elevator company :lol:

• Like 2

Band is mentioned in an episode of Rescue Me, I believe it's the fifth season. One of the guy's in the firehouse is trying to guess where another guy got a saying he was spouting off, and one of them mentions a band. Then the other says "it was Green Day asshole". It definitely wasn't though.

This isn't strictly a GD reference, but when I was in York the pub that I visited had 'Bang Bang Curry' on the menu!

• Like 1

Garth Brooks also has a song just released on his new album called "Bang! Bang!", Green Day's was released first though.

• Like 1

Okay, so this was out of the blue today, but got me excited anyway. I was looking thought a bunch of disks of computer software and stuff that belonged to my brother, and I found this CD-type thing that MTV sent out, I guess around 1999 - called "Fight for your rights: take a stand against violence" And it had 13 tracks alternating between songs and sound bites of people talking. And lo and behold track 3 was "sound bite by billie joe of green day"! It was this 33 second clip of Billie talking about how conflict is useless, and how hates guns and thinks they should all be melted down. He also mentions being mugged at gunpoint. Anyway, thought it was a cool random thing to find:lol:

• Like 3