Green Day References

Liam

Just now, Second favourite son said:

Hmmm, he's far from the worst tory out there.  Wouldn't ever be endorsed by them, but he's miles better than Trump.  I don't think they'd have a problem with him being a fan :P 

Reveal hidden contents

How Nigel Adams voted on Social Issues #

Generally voted against equal gay rights Show votes

Generally voted for smoking bans Show votes

Voted a mixture of for and against allowing marriage between two people of same sex Show votes

Generally voted against laws to promote equality and human rights Show votes

Has never voted on allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life

How Nigel Adams voted on Foreign Policy and Defence #

Consistently voted for use of UK military forces in combat operations overseas Show votes

Generally voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes

Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes

Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes

Consistently voted against strengthening the Military Covenant Show votes

Has never voted on a right to remain for EU nationals already in living in the UK

Has never voted on UK membership of the EU

Consistently voted for military action against ISIL (Daesh) Show votes

How Nigel Adams voted on Welfare and Benefits #

Almost always voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes

Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes

Almost always voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes

Consistently voted for making local councils responsible for helping those in financial need afford their council tax and reducing the amount spent on such support Show votes

Consistently voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes

Consistently voted against spending public money to create guaranteed jobs for young people who have spent a long time unemployed Show votes

How Nigel Adams voted on Taxation and Employment #

Consistently voted for raising the threshold at which people start to pay income tax Show votes

Almost always voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes

Almost always voted for higher taxes on alcoholic drinks Show votes

Consistently voted for higher taxes on plane tickets Show votes

Generally voted for lower taxes on fuel for motor vehicles Show votes

Almost always voted against increasing the tax rate applied to income over £150,000 Show votes

Generally voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes

We don’t have enough information to calculate Nigel Adams’s position on automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. Show votes

Almost always voted against a banker’s bonus tax Show votes

Generally voted for higher taxes on banks Show votes

Almost always voted against an annual tax on the value of expensive homes (popularly known as a mansion tax) Show votes

Consistently voted for allowing employees to exchange some employment rights for shares in the company they work for Show votes

Consistently voted for more restrictive regulation of trade union activity Show votes

Consistently voted for reducing capital gains tax Show votes

How Nigel Adams voted on Business and the Economy #

Consistently voted for reducing the rate of corporation tax Show votes

Voted a mixture of for and against measures to reduce tax avoidance Show votes

Voted a mixture of for and against stronger tax incentives for companies to invest in assets Show votes

Has never voted on new high speed rail infrastructure

How Nigel Adams voted on Health #

Consistently voted against restricting the provision of services to private patients by the NHS Show votes

Consistently voted for reforming the NHS so GPs buy services on behalf of their patients Show votes

Generally voted for smoking bans Show votes

Has never voted on allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life

How Nigel Adams voted on Education #

Consistently voted for greater autonomy for schools Show votes

Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes

Consistently voted for academy schools Show votes

Consistently voted for ending financial support for some 16-19 year olds in training and further education Show votes

Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes

How Nigel Adams voted on Constitutional Reform #

Consistently voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes

Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes

Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes

Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes

Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes

Consistently voted for local councils keeping money raised from taxes on business premises in their areas Show votes

Consistently voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes

Generally voted for fixed periods between parliamentary elections Show votes

Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes

Almost always voted against transferring more powers to the Welsh Assembly Show votes

Consistently voted against transferring more powers to the Scottish Parliament Show votes

Generally voted against more powers for local councils Show votes

Consistently voted for a veto for MPs from England, Wales and Northern Ireland over laws specifically impacting their part of the UK Show votes

Almost always voted against a lower voting age Show votes

How Nigel Adams voted on Home Affairs #

Consistently voted for a stricter asylum system Show votes

Consistently voted for the introduction of elected Police and Crime Commissioners Show votes

Generally voted for requiring the mass retention of information about communications Show votes

Consistently voted for stronger enforcement of immigration rules Show votes

Generally voted for mass surveillance of people’s communications and activities Show votes

Consistently voted for merging police and fire services under Police and Crime Commissioners Show votes

How Nigel Adams voted on Environmental Issues #

Generally voted against measures to prevent climate change Show votes

Consistently voted for selling England’s state owned forests Show votes

Voted a mixture of for and against financial incentives for low carbon emission electricity generation methods Show votes

Generally voted for culling badgers to tackle bovine tuberculosis Show votes

Voted a mixture of for and against greater regulation of hydraulic fracturing (fracking) to extract shale gas Show votes

Has never voted on new high speed rail infrastructure

How Nigel Adams voted on Transport #

Generally voted against greater public control of bus services Show votes

Consistently voted against slowing the rise in rail fares Show votes

Generally voted against a publicly owned railway system Show votes

How Nigel Adams voted on Housing #

Consistently voted for phasing out secure tenancies for life Show votes

Consistently voted for charging a market rent to high earners renting a council home Show votes

How Nigel Adams voted on Miscellaneous Topics #

Consistently voted against greater regulation of gambling Show votes

Consistently voted for capping civil service redundancy payments Show votes

We don’t have enough information to calculate Nigel Adams’s position on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. Show votes

Consistently voted for the privatisation of Royal Mail Show votes

Generally voted against requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases Show votes

Almost always voted for restricting the scope of legal aid Show votes

Generally voted for allowing national security sensitive evidence to be put before courts in secret sessions Show votes

Generally voted for a statutory register of lobbyists Show votes

Consistently voted for limits on success fees paid to lawyers in no-win no fee cases Show votes

Consistently voted against restrictions on fees charged to tenants by letting agents Show votes

Almost always voted for the policies included in the 2010 Conservative - Liberal Democrat Coalition Agreement Show votes

"Far from the worst Tory" and "miles better than Trump" aren't exactly setting the bar too high :P

• Like 1

Everyone has mentioned this so I'm just a vinyl record skipping over and over.  Within the first 5 minutes of a hockey game I was watching Revolution Radio played after the whistle blew.  There was maybe a good half a verse and the full chorus that I heard.  Could have been more but went to commercial. 

One of the free papers you get at train stations here had a piece on Trump and it referenced his bullshit Twitter rants, there was a picture of him captioned "anti-social media" which I really hope was a reference.

so the guitarist from Screeching Weasel is doing a youtube series where he goes back and talks about each album they did and he just released one for How To Make Enemies and Irritate people, which is the album that Mike Dirnt played on. he tried to get mike to contribute some notes to the video but he's been so busy with the new Green Day album that he couldn't get them in on time, but if Mike sends something they will end up putting out a new video with them

LOL I've been watching ER and I finally got to the episode with Good Riddance in it. Cancer patient kid singing it while it's on the radio in his room. Nothing fancy, actually.

Ok, make that two episodes. One of the characters sang the chorus at the patient kid's funeral, except she hella messed up some of the lyrics and just...you tried ER. But you failed.

My new girlfriend told me she has "two Green Day CDs".    Nimrod (good choice!) and some other one.  Probably Dookie, but she couldn't remember.  

I shall keep her.   

That counts, right?  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

My new girlfriend told me she has "two Green Day CDs".    Nimrod (good choice!) and some other one.  Probably Dookie, but she couldn't remember.  

I shall keep her.   

That counts, right?  

New gf?  That's more important really.  Get over to the relationships thread and spill!  :)

And yes, that counts. 

• Like 3

I dunno if this is the right thread for this, but I saw an article last night about fans meeting celebrities and there was a story about a fan meeting Tre Cool twice

http://www.suggest.com/celebs/1578832/17-people-share-their-heartwarming-encounters-with-celebrities-that-prove-theyre-just-like-us/?_fc=1578832&utm_campaign=sug-fbk-d-us-27c8349e&utm_source=fbk&_fcs#page=16

• Like 1

On one of the latest episodes of new girl. The character Schmitt feels moody and angsty. So he threatens to lock himself away and listen to dookie. The next scene has him curled up in a ball on the bedroom floor with basket case playing(I think it was basket case, I can't remember).