Green Day References

Liam

From time to time I like checking out the website of Smosh (y'know those crazy guys from YouTube)

and they uploaded some 3D animated gifs and guess what I stumbled across:

3d-gif-green-day.gif

• Like 2

Regardless of the message, I actually think those lyrics are pretty good. I can hear a good beat going in my head reading them and I kinda want to hear the song :lol:

me too :whistle ...well, i think the message is halfly total shit and halfly very good...the bad part is that this person bashes Green Day, the good part is that parts of it are true, not about Geen Day, but most celebs...most of them just do it to get money, if that song was about another artist or band than Green Day (about one where it's true) i'd totally love that song actually :lol:

I can't believe there's a song which laments on green day music. WTF!! https://www.reverbna..._lyrics/7596268

There's so many things wrong with what they say with regards to GD, it's clear they haven't done any research. These are people who come from a working class background, it's not their fault they became millionaires, they didn't ask for it or expect it. (Why am I writing this, of course you guys know :lol: I just wish people would think before spreading hate like that). Also, however good the song may be, it sounds like they've basically copied the Clash :P

They played Troublemaker during the Giants/Buccaneers game on FOX today. I'm watching Jets/Steelers on CBS to see if that whole NFL-Green Day collab is as important as I hoped. I didn't hear anything at all after Troublemaker, at least nothing that I recognized.

In the Europa League ad on italian TV there is Are we the waiting, and sometimes an italian sport channel named SportItalia use a GD‘s song for some video (i remember Nice Guys Finish Last and Good Riddance).

Edited by MikeSevenxx

Just watched American Idiot video in a Brazilian music channel. It was #10 of the playlist "The Best 15 Rock'n'Roll Music Videos". :)

Lol it's not that bad...why i want hear green day do a cover? that would be pretty cool :lol:

I wonder if they're a new band? I had never heard of this song until it was posted here...

This is more the opposite, Green Day referencing something else, but this has been on my mind for a while. In their cover of "My Generation" they yell "Heineken? Fuck that shit!" That MUST be a Blue Velvet reference, right? It doesn't seem like there could be anything else that phrase comes from, but 1992 GD doesn't strike me as the kind of group to indulge in David Lynch very much :P

Saw this on Breaking Bad a while back. Walter is in a crackhouse that has graphitti on the walls that really resembles those from the JOS video :D

2cgevs7.png

• Like 1

X_zpsb162aa56.png

(A class reading for my rock music subcultures class called "Generation X Blues." It discusses the punk/grunge movement of the 1980s/1990s in the United States.)