Welcome to Green Day Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Liam

Green Day References

2,187 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, Kyle Serlington said:

Pussy Sex Ass and Lust Ass Bitch would be good band names

You are being very discriminatory.  Fuck, Fucking Shit sounds like a pretty good band name too.

1 person likes this

40 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

You are being very discriminatory.  Fuck, Fucking Shit sounds like a pretty good band name too.

:wub:;)

1 person likes this

I hope that this belongs here. I happen to be in the Czech Republic for a week, on tour with my youth wind ensemble, and it seems to me as if the Czech quite like Green Day, because I can recall three instances in which I saw/heard GD-related material. I was in a restaurant yesterday waiting to be served, and I was pretty irritated because they never ended up getting the food that I ordered to my table. Anyway, while I'm stewing there, I hear a familiar few notes and realize that the Czech radio station has started playing WMUWSE. It cheered me up considerably, especially when some of the other people in my group immediately perked up when they heard it, and I heard someone saying that "[she] love[d] that song." Secondly, after that, when we were driving into Prague on the tour bus, we passed through a small Czech town in which there was an advertisement for U2 and GD near the bus stop. We went by much too quickly for me to take a picture, but I'm not sure what it was for, because the GD logo in the ad came from the 21CB era. Finally, later on on the drive into Prague, we passed by a small billboard advertising some Green Day product; I didn't get a good look and only spotted the logo on the ad.

2 people like this

I can confirm they get a lot of airplay here and BIAB was on TV last week. But I've never noticed the adverts in Prague. Last time I've seen them was in 21CB era. You must have traveled in time :D I'm curious what you saw...I'll keep my eyes open. :P

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

I can confirm they get a lot of airplay here and BIAB was on TV last week. But I've never noticed the adverts in Prague. Last time I've seen them was in 21CB era. You must have traveled in time :D I'm curious what you saw...I'll keep my eyes open. :P

It wasn't exactly in Prague. We had to drive for a couple of hours into Prague from Olomouc, and I saw those adverts on that drive into the capital. The radio incident happened in a restaurant near Bouzov Castle.

Edited by PurpleIron1039
1 person likes this

10 hours ago, PurpleIron1039 said:

It wasn't exactly in Prague. We had to drive for a couple of hours into Prague from Olomouc, and I saw those adverts on that drive into the capital. The radio incident happened in a restaurant near Bouzov Castle.

Ok, I guess it could have been an ad of a local radio or a cover band.

Anyway, hope you're enjoying your stay :) 

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Ok, I guess it could have been an ad of a local radio or a cover band.

Anyway, hope you're enjoying your stay :) 

Oh, I am. The country is very beautiful. I especially enjoy watching the scenery while driving through through some smaller towns outside of Prague. The fields come right up to the edge of the road and they seem to go on forever, and there are wildflowers everywhere. I haven't even started on the architecture yet. :D

Edited by PurpleIron1039
1 person likes this

Cheeky bit of Longview at 2:20

1 person likes this

A local news station has a program called "Good Day Columbus" and it's abbreviated "GDC." They use the hashtag often. It confuses the hell out of me sometimes. :P

2 people like this

Cool number plate?

wBWO7RH.jpg

1 person likes this

From Jingletown studio, "King For A Day"

Ok, this is a pretty tiny one and I'm not even sure that I heard it right. I'm going to say it anyway. I was watching Dave Mustaine from Megadeth's latest Periscope live stream, and at around 1 minute in, a user commented that he was Tweeting "jeff Scott solo" in response to Dave asking about how everyone was doing. Dave, Kiko Loureiro (the new guitarist), and I believe perhaps Dave Ellefson (the bassist) or Dirk Verbeuren (the current drummer), then proceeded to discuss who "jeff Scott solo" might be, and I think I heard one of them say "he's the singer for Green Day". Well, it was either that or "Green Bay". Yeah, it's tiny and probably not accurate but I just thought that I'd share this.