Green Day References

Liam

Ah I was hoping to hear them talk about Green Day! I'd like to know what Kurt thought of them if anything.

How do I post a picture to this topic?

Upload the photo to photobucket then post the photos link here.

• Like 1

I dont have any pics but I have a couple Green Day references. At Papa John's pizza they have a sign with 3 mexican pizzas and above each one it says uno, dos, tres. Yeah I know it should be Tre but close enough. The street I live on is an Avenue and the street at the bottom of the hill is Stewart. So I live by Stewart and the Ave. Yeah I know, different spelling but whatever. I had a third reference but I cant remember it. Oh well.

There's a street semi near me called Longview and since i live semi close to Oakland i thought that was where Longview was named after xD

Doesnt matter but I have actually been to the Christie Road that the song is named after a few times, but not since i became a green day fan in late 2013

Someone may have already mentioned this but there's an episode of Community where 'Green Day' play. Greendale College is doing an environmental week/event and they hire Green Day to play, but it turns out to be an Irish-type folk band :lol: Took me by surprise this morning!

On my school was a natural sciences competition called "Green Day" and there is a project day for jobs they have anything to do with conservation called "Green Day" too.

• Like 1

Apparently a guy named "Billy Joe Armstrong" was a state champion wrestler for Huron High School in Huron, Ohio, in 1959...

My mind was blown when I saw the banner hanging in the school gymnasium today. I couldn't snap a picture, though, because I was there for a work assignment.

You can Google it to find old newspaper articles though. Hilarious coincidence. :lol:

Don't know if it's been mentioned but In Percy Jackson, Curse Of The Titan , Thalia complains about the music at a disco, asking why it's not Green Day

So I am thinking this would be the right place to post this. I went to a concert for The Who last night and Pete Townshend was introducing the next song, which was a Quick One While He's Away, and right before they started, he said something along the lines of "which is much better than Green Day's version."

So I am thinking this would be the right place to post this. I went to a concert for The Who last night and Pete Townshend was introducing the next song, which was a Quick One While He's Away, and right before they started, he said something along the lines of "which is much better than Green Day's version."

That is interesting because when Roger Daltrey introduces it, he says the opposite. FYI, I think Pete is wrong, as much as I love the Who, GD's version is better.

• Like 1

10693786_286458598218694_79983688_n.jpg

Love it! I had a small green day shirt that wouldn't fit me so I turned it into a cape for my stuffed animal dog. She's rocking out and loving life. Don't mess with her.

That is interesting because when Roger Daltrey introduces it, he says the opposite. FYI, I think Pete is wrong, as much as I love the Who, GD's version is better.

I mean jesus of suburbia and quite a bit of american idiot pretty much comes from that song, even tho it is it's own thing as well. I don't personally like the cover recording on 21CB. Live it's pretty fun but to say it is better i find a hard time seeing. But hey people like different genres can't fault people for it. I do find it interesting that they ever mention green day at all. As much as they have said they dislike a lot of the music they've inspired they do take quite a bit of interest in discussions about that genre. Even comes up in some of their songwriting.

I mean jesus of suburbia and quite a bit of american idiot pretty much comes from that song, even tho it is it's own thing as well. I don't personally like the cover recording on 21CB. Live it's pretty fun but to say it is better i find a hard time seeing. But hey people like different genres can't fault people for it. I do find it interesting that they ever mention green day at all. As much as they have said they dislike a lot of the music they've inspired they do take quite a bit of interest in discussions about that genre. Even comes up in some of their songwriting.

I am going to preface this by saying that The Who is my second favorite band of all time. Their pedestal is only slightly lower than Green Day's.

I would say that A Quick One was a style influence for Jesus of Suburbia, not that it comes from that song.

Trivia, A Quick One is the prelude to Tommy, it introduces Tommy's parents.

It is rare that I think a cover is better than the original, but in this case, I think GD's version is far superior. In The Who's version, I find the song to be very disjointed. Even though it is one song, with multiple parts, there still needs to be some continuity. It does not even flow as a medley. To me it sounds like a bunch of different sounds thrown together with very little thought of the flow. Also, the energy level is very subdued, which makes listening to a 9 minute song rather difficult. I never actually liked the song, even though I love The Who.

I think GD fixed all the things I did not like about The Who's version. They increased the energy level and made the song flow as one. To me, it sounds like one song with several parts, not a mix of different sounds.

I think it is interesting that Roger Daltrey and Pete Townsend take on GD version is so different. Roger loves it and Pete hates it. Whatever their feelings are, it is clear that the GD version made an impression on them.

• Like 1

I am going to preface this by saying that The Who is my second favorite band of all time. Their pedestal is only slightly lower than Green Day's.

I would say that A Quick One was a style influence for Jesus of Suburbia, not that it comes from that song.

Trivia, A Quick One is the prelude to Tommy, it introduces Tommy's parents.

It is rare that I think a cover is better than the original, but in this case, I think GD's version is far superior. In The Who's version, I find the song to be very disjointed. Even though it is one song, with multiple parts, there still needs to be some continuity. It does not even flow as a medley. To me it sounds like a bunch of different sounds thrown together with very little thought of the flow. Also, the energy level is very subdued, which makes listening to a 9 minute song rather difficult. I never actually liked the song, even though I love The Who.

I think GD fixed all the things I did not like about The Who's version. They increased the energy level and made the song flow as one. To me, it sounds like one song with several parts, not a mix of different sounds.

I think it is interesting that Roger Daltrey and Pete Townsend take on GD version is so different. Roger loves it and Pete hates it. Whatever their feelings are, it is clear that the GD version made an impression on them.

I just think the guitar tone and the style of the Who's version is just more fitting for the lyrics as well as more of a possible blueprint for a genre for any new band to expand and enhance upon. I mean it's supposed to be sorta disjointed but anyway i would probably say the who are my 2nd favorite band too. I just think a little more of that album i guess. The whole thing is silly but it's also quite brillant at least imo.

Just checked out a rap (?) band called Kraftklub (because they were on TV) and that was the second song I heard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV37CClYr-U (at 0:10)

I think in english it means: "But above all, no rock 'n' roll, on Green Day's shit. In my opinion every band can act responsibly in interviews, my role models they'll not become anyway."

I hate them, I hate hip hop anyway :P

• 2 weeks later...

went through this town yesterday and saw this, while listening to the Trilogy.

Wilton,trilogy%20008.jpg

• Like 2

I was watching a football game and I heard an instrumental version of "All The Time" right before the commercials.