Green Day References

Liam

So there's this Scottish folk song called The Jeely Piece Song (or Height Starvation Song).

Anyways, I was listening to it today and realized there are two parts with similar lyrics to new GD songs. The end of the chorus says "the odds against it reachin us is ninety-nine tae wan", which made me think of "99 to one" in 99 Revolutions. Later it mentions "onward christian soldier", which is also mentioned in Kill The DJ. Suddenly I like this song even more. :lol:

Today while I was shopping a lady in front of me in the check out line was buying paper lanterns... the song has now been stuck in my head all day.

I was flicking through a student newspaper and found a review of Kill The DJ. They gave it 2/5 stars, apparently they "aren't punk rock anymore" and "don't really care about what they are putting out" :dry:

I was flicking through a student newspaper and found a review of Kill The DJ. They gave it 2/5 stars, apparently they "aren't punk rock anymore" and "don't really care about what they are putting out" :dry:

Where? If you had a link, I'd love to read it. It sounds like they just criticized the band and didn't critique the actual song.

I'm a journalism student and I work at my student paper... I've volunteered to review ¡Uno! when it comes out. Let's just say it will probably get a much fairer review. :thumbsup:

Where? If you had a link, I'd love to read it. It sounds like they just criticized the band and didn't critique the actual song.

I'm a journalism student and I work at my student paper... I've volunteered to review ¡Uno! when it comes out. Let's just say it will probably get a much fairer review. :thumbsup:

It was just lying about at the university, so I doubt they have a digital version and I didn't take a photo. It did mention the song as being dance-y (not in a good way) but the whole thing lacked so much information.

Post it when it's written, I'd like to read it.

• Like 1

It was just lying about at the university, so I doubt they have a digital version and I didn't take a photo. It did mention the song as being dance-y (not in a good way) but the whole thing lacked so much information.

Post it when it's written, I'd like to read it.

Will do! Our reviews print the Friday of the week the album comes out, and we also have a website it will be on.

There's this entire scene in High Fidelity where they talk about Green Day's main influences, The Clash and Stiff Little Fingers. It's a great film by the way, check it out.

Edited by Céadóg

On swedish X-Factor, they played Green Day's version of working class hero in the background when they were talking about the guy who was about to sing.

Idk if this has been said but

I'm watching School Of Rock atm, and its just finishing and i just noticed the drummer kid wears a t-shirt with the warning logo on it at the end. :)

skip the 3:26

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTnwFIl5KhE

The trailer for Cars is Westbound Sign

And the little Wayne song i spoke about on my post on page 1 was Hot revolver

If somehow you can make 21 seconds into this fucking terrible song, you hear him say "do you have the time to listen to me whine". I reckon its a Green Day reference, its even a little bit in the same tune as Basket Case.

Edited by StuckWithInsomnia
  • Like 2

Looking for GD on tv the only result was an episode of Entourage called "Seth Green Day" :lol: (don't know if it was true, the search is a little messed up)