Green Day References

Liam

I got this

2873nub.jpg

Lol The Network

Brandon got that one too (I don't have the game, he does) and I told him technically both Green Day and The Network are correct. :D
  • Like 1

I was watching this because of sabaton but there is a green day uno ad at 1:20 :D I freaked out a little because this was the last thing I expected in a video about sabaton :wub:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There was mention of Green Day on the German TV show "TV Total" yesterday - there was a mash up DJ who wanted to show off his skills and began by playing 21 Guns (then a few other songs over that) - he then wanted to know who in the audience knew Green Day and who liked them (the host was like "ME! ME!" to the first question, which was very funny, and you couldn't really see the audience too well, but looks like a few people pointed their hands up :lol: ). The DJ said Green Day were a good example for what he wanted to show because Green Day liked to steal from other artists ... well.

If anyone wants to see a video of it (it's German obviously), it's here: http://tvtotal.prosieben.de/videoplayer/?id=21473 and the part with Green Day starts at around 4:20.

There was mention of Green Day on the German TV show "TV Total" yesterday - there was a mash up DJ who wanted to show off his skills and began by playing 21 Guns (then a few other songs over that) - he then wanted to know who in the audience knew Green Day and who liked them (the host was like "ME! ME!" to the first question, which was very funny, and you couldn't really see the audience too well, but looks like a few people pointed their hands up :lol: ). The DJ said Green Day were a good example for what he wanted to show because Green Day liked to steal from other artists ... well.

If anyone wants to see a video of it (it's German obviously), it's here: http://tvtotal.prosieben.de/videoplayer/?id=21473 and the part with Green Day starts at around 4:20.

Hah, I wish I could tell what they were saying, but I think I got the gist of it. :lol: (Didn't exactly get why he chose to play Hey Jude over the guitar :P )

yeah the guy said that Green Day love to steal from others, but his mash ups are amazing :D ...and that probably saves his life :P

Hah, I wish I could tell what they were saying, but I think I got the gist of it. :lol: (Didn't exactly get why he chose to play Hey Jude over the guitar :P )

just cos it fits, i guess...

it's actually one of his old mash ups :D

Edit: yaaaay..my 4,000th post :o:dance::banana::lol:

• Like 1

yeah the guy said that Green Day love to steal from others, but his mash ups are amazing :D ...and that probably saves his life :P

just cos it fits, i guess...

it's actually one of his old mash ups :D

Edit: yaaaay..my 4,000th post :o:dance::banana::lol:

It sounds a lot better on that version, I think it was just the time he started the vocals :P Great mashup :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I know it's been talked about on the forum before, but lil wayne maked a GD reference in "I Got Some Money on Me." "I smoke that Green Day, I'm on my Billie Joe."

It sounds a lot better on that version, I think it was just the time he started the vocals :P Great mashup :thumbsup:

yeah probably he didn't start it on time ;D i think i just didn't hear anything wrong cos i've known the mashup already and didn't listen carefully enough :lol:

• Like 1

Jack Barakat of All Time Low, compared their set at Sydney Soundwave yesterday to Green Day's Woodstock set. Being in the crowd for this set, I completely see how they can be compared, the only thing that was missing was the mud to throw. Oh and there was the extra piece of the stage starting to fall apart.

Minus getting cut, our set at Sydney Soundwave today is what I dreamed about as a kid in a band. Rain, Nudity, Moshpits, Crowd-Surfing. Epic

I remember watching videos of Green Day at Woodstock with mud flying everywhere. This is the closest I'll get to that.

Can't wait to come back Australia. You continue to be one of the top places to tour
  • Like 1

yeah probably he didn't start it on time ;D i think i just didn't hear anything wrong cos i've known the mashup already and didn't listen carefully enough :lol:

Probably :lol:

For UKers- pretty cool brass version of American idiot by Tatara (from album Maximo Brass) used during section on Obama on the awesome "Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe" from 19/02/15.

Edited by emenius
  • Like 1

For UKers- pretty cool brass version of American idiot by Tatara (from album Maximo Brass) used during section on Obama on the awesome "Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe".

Which episode was that?

Oops- edited post-was from 19/02/15

Thanks, I think I might've missed that one.