Green Day References

Liam

Hell yeah, I love his videos! :ninja::lol:

So that it's not spam...

When I was in a hospital this summer I was on station 21 in the room 16. Because of the references I can still remember it. :P

Me too :happy:

Woah your sig :woot: On what pic did Mike comment that?! :runaround:

Oh, and this:

finkyo.png

Fink.

So in my Music Business "Intellectual Property Law" class, my teacher assigned us to watch these 4 videos called "Everything Is A Remix." In the first video, at about 4:30, they showed a picture of Green Day! They showed the same picture maybe 30 seconds later too. It was kind of cool :)

The overall topic of the video is actually pretty interesting. It has to do with remixing, copying, copyright, etc. Here's the first video:

If you want to see the other 3 videos, here they are:

• Like 2

Hi! I'm new to the forum, and I don't know if this really counts a reference, BUT I had a presentation today in my strategies class and my teacher docked me points for saying "y'know" too much, hah.

So hello everyone!

• Like 4

Heard an instrumental of Stop When The Red Lights Flash on the Panthers/Eagles game.

Edited by minority51

I was watching Juno the other day and someone said something about East Jesus Nowhere(not the song though) they also said shenanigans.

I was watching Journey 2 on Thanksgiving and I remembered the first one was Journey to the Center of the Earth and I started singing "It didn't say much, but it only confirmed that the center of the earth is the end of the world," then Letterbomb played. I was so excited!

• Like 1

I'm reading a book called Stolen Prey by John Sandford and there are 3 criminals nicknamed Uno, Dos and Tres.

I was watching Juno the other day and someone said something about East Jesus Nowhere(not the song though)

You do know that's where Billie got the name for the song, right?Bizutage_pilote_gazelle.jpg

• Like 1

I was watching Juno the other day and someone said something about East Jesus Nowhere(not the song though) they also said shenanigans. I was watching Journey 2 on Thanksgiving and I remembered the first one was Journey to the Center of the Earth and I started singing "It didn't say much, but it only confirmed that the center of the earth is the end of the world," then Letterbomb played. I was so excited!

Billie actually got the name for "East Jesus Nowhere" from that line in Juno :) He was referencing the film, not the other way around ;)

• Like 1

Today in Spanish class we were working with the forms of 'ser'. I told my teacher my sentence was "Billie Joe es my guapo", but when she wrote it on the board she spelled Billie wrong.

I think the best Green Day reference that I see daily is the carving of the St. Jimmy heart and cross that I made on the bathroom stall in my high school last year :P

• Like 2

I went to New York City this week and I feel like I turned everything into a Green Day reference because they've performed so much there... Good Morning America... St. James Theatre, etc. But by far, my favorite thing was seeing the Saturday Night Live set when I toured NBC studios... I saw the stage where my favorite live performance happened (East Jesus Nowhere with Will Ferrell on cowbell :lol:).

I have a really funny GD-reference to share with you. I found this website the other day, it's about some kind of job-orientation-day in Germany where students can work for a "green" company that deals with environment and stuff for one day. And that's called the "Green Day". Here's a snapshot from the website (link: http://www.greenday2012.de/), it's just too cool. All I can say to this is: For me, every day is a Green Day :D I wonder if they will get Copyright-problems when Warner Music sees that?!

gd.JPG

I saw the music video for nice guys finish last on some channel called "film on tv", I guess it was on some movie and they were showing music videos from that. I was flipping through the channels and there it was.

I saw the music video for nice guys finish last on some channel called "film on tv", I guess it was on some movie and they were showing music videos from that. I was flipping through the channels and there it was.

Yeah, "Nice Guys Finish Last" was on the soundtrack for Varsity Blues. That's why the music video is football-themed :)

I bit morbid but, yesterday at the funeral home, when they handed us a list of songs to choose from for hubby's dad's funeral, I kidded hubby asking if he thought there'd be any Green Day songs? Well damn, sure enough it listed: "Time of your life - greenday."