Green Day References

Liam

Seriously, if you don’t know the programme it’s where people come and get their dreadful tattoos covered over.  This woman had three kids and her youngest (about 20 or so) brought her in because he was really pissed off that she only had a tattoo of her eldest child and none of the other two.  When she revealed the tattoo, it was on her back and was the rear view of a little boy taking a piss; over which was played Favourite Son 😂.  I nearly chocked for a number of reasons, I mean who gets a tattoo like that for their child but also, has to be a GD fan, not only cos it’s such a deep track, but they had to be having a laugh about BJ’s habit of pissing wherever suits him 😂😂

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, jengd said:

Seriously, if you don’t know the programme it’s where people come and get their dreadful tattoos covered over.  This woman had three kids and her youngest (about 20 or so) brought her in because he was really pissed off that she only had a tattoo of her eldest child and none of the other two.  When she revealed the tattoo, it was on her back and was the rear view of a little boy taking a piss; over which was played Favourite Son 😂.  I nearly chocked for a number of reasons, I mean who gets a tattoo like that for their child but also, has to be a GD fan, not only cos it’s such a deep track, but they had to be having a laugh about BJ’s habit of pissing wherever suits him 😂😂

Oh I thought you typed the tattoo was actually the kid peeing on her back🙄

1 hour ago, The Insider said:

Oh I thought you typed the tattoo was actually the kid peeing on her back🙄

Oh I see what you mean, no, that would be weird 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was looking at an article about Fakemon and I came across this. I could not pass up the opportunity to take a screenshot and post it here! It made me do a double-take. I was NOT expecting to see Billie mentioned in an article about fan made Pokémon.

ZFVq2cC.jpg

• Love 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2019 at 10:43 PM, desertrose said:

That so cool! Where and when was this? Was it near a venue they were playing?

In this show I watch called “Community”, in S1E10, the dean of the community college it takes place in, has Green Day play at a school dance for their “Green Week”, (about being environmentally friendly), but instead get a Scottish band called Greene Daeye.

On 7/8/2018 at 9:44 PM, desertrose said:

That’s a HORRIBLE mascot......... unless you’re a GD fan.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, pouty bitch said:

GD got a couple of mentions in the book my mam is currently reading:

IMG-20190702-022020.jpg

Ha, that’s set where I live, what is it?

13 hours ago, jengd said:

Ha, that’s set where I live, what is it?

All That's Dead by Stuart Macbride

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at places to eat at Victoria Station before my girlfriend leaves to see family and wouldn't you know what this place named one of their pizzas?

505c84c2de8ba56f50f24f2dc7adad43.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Libertine Angel said:

I'm looking at places to eat at Victoria Station before my girlfriend leaves to see family and wouldn't you know what this place named one of their pizzas?

505c84c2de8ba56f50f24f2dc7adad43.jpg

Before I noticed Green Day I thought the reference was MEX, like what Billie said in that MTV interview where he had to choose between music or sex 

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else see the movie Stranger Than Fiction? Just saw it for the first time and considering what a big Will Ferrell fan Billie Joe is this can’t be a coincidence can it — that the rockin guitar he picks out in the store looks exactly like Blue:

and when Will’s character plays a song to his love interest, he plays her Wreckless Eric’s Whole Wide World, a song later done by The Coverups:

Did they influence each other here?

• Like 2