Green Day References

Liam

1 hour ago, Jenn. said:

I know this post is almost four months old but I saw the exact same thing!! I didn't buy it but I took a picture :P 

I was going to give my brother his birthday present in it but I couldn't bring myself to give it away so I still have it :lol:. I'll have to think of a use for it.

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

I was going to give my brother his birthday present in it but I couldn't bring myself to give it away so I still have it :lol:. I'll have to think of a use for it.

Print out a big picture of Billie in some KFAD get-up and make the bag one side of a homemade picture frame? :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jenn. said:

Print out a big picture of Billie in some KFAD get-up and make the bag one side of a homemade picture frame? :D 

This is genius :lol: 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Train27 said:

Still Breathing right at the start. In the background.

That's funny actually because my dad just texted me yesterday saying that they are playing "that breathing song by Green Day" at his gym. 

I wonder if it's because it is a popular song, or because....you know....people are working out and they are breathing and all that

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Zebahar said:

That's funny actually because my dad just texted me yesterday saying that they are playing "that breathing song by Green Day" at his gym. 

I wonder if it's because it is a popular song, or because....you know....people are working out and they are breathing and all that

They played it at my gym too.  I took my earbuds out in amazement, since they generally only play top 40.

On 29.9.2017 at 6:25 PM, Train27 said:

Still Breathing right at the start. In the background.

The guy's face as it goes "are you scared to death to live" haha

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Isn't there some kind of trademark infringement that can be invoked here?  Those knock-offs are shameful.

I'm laughing so hard at them but like in a scared way :lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Green Day google alert and i just got this message :P I'm still trying to figure out the Why 

jvZIvMA.png

• Haha 4

I'm watching the documentary bit on this Travis DVD for the first time in forever and it's a massive nostalgia trip as they really were the band that got me into rock/guitar music. Remembering everything verbatim as it's being said but this exchange as they're backstage about to headline Reading 2001 has some added value now: The camera guy goes "are you [more ready] than [bassist] Dougie?" Fran goes "why?" and camera guy says "he went to see Green Day and came back weeping... 'cause he was frightened of the rock fans" :lol::wub: Edit: and there's a snippet of what must be Billie cheering and whooping at their set, I can't :wub:

Edit 2: I can't believe GD played just before them on those three consecutive dates covered on the dvd, there are drips of hey-ohs and 1-2-3-4s in the background throughout. I watched this thing so many times in 2002/3, so close yet so far away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12.10.2017 at 11:09 PM, Billie Hoe said:

I have a Green Day google alert and i just got this message :P I'm still trying to figure out the Why

Yeah I got the same thing! This is so strange, I wanna have a Green Day building too!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

I'm watching the documentary bit on this Travis DVD for the first time in forever and it's a massive nostalgia trip as they really were the band that got me into rock/guitar music. Remembering everything verbatim as it's being said but this exchange as they're backstage about to headline Reading 2001 has some added value now: The camera guy goes "are you [more ready] than [bassist] Dougie?" Fran goes "why?" and camera guy says "he went to see Green Day and came back weeping... 'cause he was frightened of the rock fans" :lol::wub: Edit: and there's a snippet of what must be Billie cheering and whooping at their set, I can't :wub:

Edit 2: I can't believe GD played just before them on those three consecutive dates covered on the dvd, there are drips of hey-ohs and 1-2-3-4s in the background throughout. I watched this thing so many times in 2002/3, so close yet so far away.

I think this is quite famous among Reading festival goers, who in their right mind put Travis on after GD?  I believe it was very painful but maybe there are folk on here who were there or know more.  I have heard it being credited as why Travis quit but I'm sure that's an exaggeration, well, fairly sure lol

3 hours ago, jengd said:

I think this is quite famous among Reading festival goers, who in their right mind put Travis on after GD?  I believe it was very painful but maybe there are folk on here who were there or know more.  I have heard it being credited as why Travis quit but I'm sure that's an exaggeration, well, fairly sure lol

Haha I don't think Travis quit after that (I mean they're still going), certainly not because of it. They were pretty huge in the UK arond that time weren't they? And Green Day were at their lowest-ish point so it makes sense. I'm sure they were just nervous like any band would be before headlining a big show but the way he phrased it was funny, and the crowd  probably was rowdy enough for them (Fran complained in jest about having been hit in the head with a cd at a prior show but "if people start acting up and throwing stuff.... at least they're enjoying themselves")  :lol:

This is kinda a reference. 

Yesterday I got my septum  pierced. And my piercer commented on my KERPLUNK! shirt(the anniversary one) 

He said "you must be a big fan to wear a KERPLUNK  shirt"  oh if he even knew. 

I mentioned that I got into GD in grade 9 and KERPLUNK was  the first album I bought.  ( I had a burn copy of American idiot from a friend) 

Had a nice chat about green day. Made it less awkward. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...