Green Day References

Liam

10 hours ago, Libertine Angel said:

...Well this is a very odd page own :P

I know :lol: you should have seen my face when I posted it and a new page began to load :P

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

I actually have a leopard thong that I bought before a GD show ages ago planning to throw it on stage but I never got the chance. And I couldn't be bothered to try again at other shows because I don't really like to faff around doing anything other than watching the show. So it just stays sitting in my drawer :lol: 

If it was a week ago, I'd probably consider it a sign and buy it (to throw on stage ofc) but it's a bit of a bummer a week after the show :lol:

• Like 1

I'm watching Ed Sheeran's Glastonbury set on the TV and I'm pretty sure I just heard them playing a tiny snippet of Good Riddance over the speakers before the set started.

• Like 1

^ I was watching the Kaiser Chiefs' Glastonbury set and the lead singer Ricky Wilson was doing some hey ohs (yes I know Billie didn't invent that but I associate it with him) and he did one of those really long heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey oooooooh ones, but he could only hold it like half as long as Billie does and that made me laugh :lol:. Billie has stronger lungs :P 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Hermione said:

^ I was watching the Kaiser Chiefs' Glastonbury set and the lead singer Ricky Wilson was doing some hey ohs (yes I know Billie didn't invent that but I associate it with him) and he did one of those really long heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey oooooooh ones, but he could only hold it like half as long as Billie does and that made me laugh :lol:. Billie has stronger lungs :P 

I saw that and it reminded me of Billie Joe too. I was like "nah, Ricky's Hey-ohs aren't as good as Billie's." :lol:

• Like 3

I was at a rock and metal club on Sunday night, we were just sitting at the bar downstairs. Was thinking I would love it if they played some green day!

They played Jesus of Suburbia, the whole song :lol: unexpected but still very cool nonetheless. I suppose it's like 4 songs in itself but I was half expecting basket case or something lol.

This isnt so much a reference as much something I just thought was really funny and had to share. On my drive to work i was listening to the 93.3 wmmr radio station and they were talking about funny news stories like they typically do in the morning. And one of the stories was about a guy who is a doctor who runs a place where he does procedures for people who want their butthole tightened. They mentioned the address and they said it was located on east 12th street:lol: 

• Like 4

I'm out to dinner and the cocktail I ordered is called "Thyme of Your Life". I couldn't resist. 

• Like 3

On 28/06/2017 at 3:49 PM, Smitty said:

This isnt so much a reference as much something I just thought was really funny and had to share. On my drive to work i was listening to the 93.3 wmmr radio station and they were talking about funny news stories like they typically do in the morning. And one of the stories was about a guy who is a doctor who runs a place where he does procedures for people who want their butthole tightened. They mentioned the address and they said it was located on east 12th street:lol: 

Well now we know what that facility's for!  Imagine the kind of paperwork...

• Like 1

Just heard Good Riddance during CNN's commercial for their special on the 90's.   :D

Didn't know Know Your Enemy was the theme song for WWE Smackdown for a while at one point. Saw it on a Smackdown flashback on WWE Network. Michael Cole also made a reference during a match to American Idiot as an album, but the point was referring to one of the wrestlers as an idiot I think.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

^^^ Well spotted!

What does it mean when my sister says that she is 'spotting'?  Thanks in advance.

26 minutes ago, vomitslurpee said:

What does it mean when my sister says that she is 'spotting'?  Thanks in advance.

Most probably she says that when she spots a troll. They are harmless, you don't have to worry.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Most probably she says that when she spots a troll. They are harmless, you don't have to worry.

haha, lol, no sarcasm.  i'm a troll?  i can show you that i'm not a troll if i give out the sauce on one, just ONE, of the new foxboro hot tubs songs.  or do your own digging, the internets is huge and billie was in a studio not so long ago recording something.

just noticed on the walking contradiction video that when billie hits the button and then it says it's o.k. to walk - billie joe doesn't even use the crosswalk.  that beautiful man jaywalked.  director should have noticed and just laid out white tape mocking the crosswalk aka the path billie took to get to the other side of the street.  geesh, you can clearly see the other crosswalks.  oh well. 

20 hours ago, vomitslurpee said:

haha, lol, no sarcasm.  i'm a troll?  i can show you that i'm not a troll if i give out the sauce on one, just ONE, of the new foxboro hot tubs songs.  or do your own digging, the internets is huge and billie was in a studio not so long ago recording something.

just noticed on the walking contradiction video that when billie hits the button and then it says it's o.k. to walk - billie joe doesn't even use the crosswalk.  that beautiful man jaywalked.  director should have noticed and just laid out white tape mocking the crosswalk aka the path billie took to get to the other side of the street.  geesh, you can clearly see the other crosswalks.  oh well. 

Take a deep breath and...chill

I guess nobody here watches iZombie?! There was a little Green Day reference in one episode, it's not a big deal but I'll mention it anyways.

Liv's ex-boyfriend showed up as one of her hallucinations when she was with her current boyfriend and he was asking about the new boyfriend "Can he fix a sink, recite every Green Day lyric, make you make that special sound" 

It was totally random, but I liked that they mentioned it in a way that shows how it's a good thing to have in a boyfriend :lol:

• Like 4

My contact lenses are called Green Day 90.

I almost jumped in happiness in front of my optician when I first saw the name!

Now I really can say that I see Green!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gechy said:

My contact lenses are called Green Day 90.

I almost jumped in happiness in front of my optician when I first saw the name!

Now I really can say that I see Green!

Do they make your eyes look like you've been smoking weed all day? 😎

• Like 2

@Billie Hoe I remember this shirt. It's pretty nice. I saw it somewhere years ago and looked for it in the brand's eshop but it's riduculously expensive. :P

I wonder if it's legal to use someone's photo on a shirt like that. Who owns the rights? The photographer certainly does, but how about Billie? Is it legal to use someone's face with no acknowledgement?

22 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

@Billie Hoe I wonder if it's legal to use someone's photo on a shirt like that. Who owns the rights? The photographer certainly does, but how about Billie? Is it legal to use someone's face with no acknowledgement?

It's from Urban Outfitters, they constantly steal from other artists and photographers. They also once sold a shirt that said "Eat Less" and a college hoodie with blood stains on it after a shooting at this university. They're pretty shitty and I definitely wouldn't support them... :/ 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

It's from Urban Outfitters, they constantly steal from other artists and photographers. They also once sold a shirt that said "Eat Less" and a college hoodie with blood stains on it after a shooting at this university. They're pretty shitty and I definitely wouldn't support them... :/ 

That's all pretty nasty :ermm: