Green Day References

Liam

Sure everybody knows this already but I was watching the movie The Campaign, and 99 Revolutions was the song for the credits at the end. I was like... wow, a Trilogy song in a movie.

Not really an intentional GD reference, but our drama teacher in school was explaining a skit to us and one of her imaginary characters was named Billie Joe. I had a slight meltdown :lol:

• Like 3

18 hours ago, desertrose said:

Dammit, that would have been the solution to my constant struggle with math at school :lol: Love this!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, moonj17 said:

I just wrote this song for the June kindergarten program at my school. Instead of graduation they have Teddy Bear Day (throughout the year each class makes teddy bears with 8th graders). At this program they present their bears and sing songs for their parents. This song highlights special events from the school year. The songs are kinda lame so I decided they needed a cool, new song... I know it's corny, but I had to share!

"Green K" (sung to the tune of "Basket Case")  *the lines in parentheses are just for reference

Do you want to hear  (Do you have the time...)    

The kindergartners cheer

About all of the fun we had through the year?

First was Halloween  (I am one of those...)

And then Thanksgiving Feast

The food we made was good, but we hardly eat

Gingerbread houses made a mess  (Sometimes I give myself...)

We took a ride on Polar Express

It all keeps adding up

We're always having fun

And now we bet you wish you were in grade K!  (Am I just paranoid...)

Our moms came for tea   (I went to a shrink...)

And we made them all weep

We took a trip to see the fish by the beach

We saw a play  (I went to a whore...)

About a small mermaid

Today our dads skipped work for bagels and quiche

It all comes down to this very day  (Sometimes I give myself...)

We made these bears and we're here to say

We had a rockin' year

First grade we are near

We are so sad that we are leaving grade K!  (Am I just paranoid...)

*Sorry this post is so long, but I had to type it out since I still haven't figured out how to post a picture!

This is soo cute and funny :lol:

Kids and especially parents are gonna love it! 

(Also, for future reference, you can post images by copying the url and pasting it into "insert other media" > "insert image from url". Although images usually embed automatically just by posting a link.)

19 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

This is soo cute and funny :lol:

Kids and especially parents are gonna love it! 

(Also, for future reference, you can post images by copying the url and pasting it into "insert other media" > "insert image from url". Although images usually embed automatically just by posting a link.)

Thank you!  Also, thank you for the image posting information. I did hit that button, but then I had no idea what to do so I just typed!

• Like 1

Wanted to share this, but didnt know where! If its in the wrong thread or whatever, ill move it :) But a youtuber I like is doing a huge Green Day retrospective thing and i thought id share

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jirachi said:

Wanted to share this, but didnt know where! If its in the wrong thread or whatever, ill move it :) But a youtuber I like is doing a huge Green Day retrospective thing and i thought id share

Ive enjoyed this, looking forward to the rest.

i enjoy his personally and style.

Not totally Green day related only 1/3 I guess. Made my morning. 

Was heading to Starbucks before work as I usually do. And the one I go to by my work has speakers outside. And I hear a familiar tune. LONG TIME GONE from the forevely album. Normally I probably wouldn't of heard it cause I have my headphones on usually. But because they're broken(waiting on new cord for them)  I had hearing in one ear.

Definitely made my morning after waking up with a massive headache. And dreading the day at work. Also the rainy weather.

• Like 2