Green Day References

Liam

On 28.12.2016 at 0:52 PM, bouncingoffthewallbja said:

When I go to the mall, the escalators say OTIS on them! I just remembered that :lol:

I saw it too and I was so excited I had to take a picture :D

tumblr_ojocolnBVl1r5w7ofo1_540.jpg

• Like 1

Ok, I am 100% convinced that someone on that worked on ER (the show) was a serious Green Day fan because after the episodes with Good Riddance and At The Library (the most unexpected of song choices), I have now run into an episode with Give Me Novacaine from 2005.

And the hilarious part is that it's a sex scene

• Like 3

Today I went to the Women's March that happened in my city and one guy yelled "Don't wanna be an american idiot!" once but he didn't repeat it. I got a kick out of that. it was a fun event!

16142720_10154135568196373_8270376708748

16174789_10154135564206373_7423865025878

16114335_10154135561466373_7625252588419

16174528_10154135560541373_1971066088128

• Like 3

On 9.1.2017 at 2:36 AM, Jesus of Seneca said:

Okay, so this was out of the blue today, but got me excited anyway. I was looking thought a bunch of disks of computer software and stuff that belonged to my brother, and I found this CD-type thing that MTV sent out, I guess around 1999 - called "Fight for your rights: take a stand against violence" And it had 13 tracks alternating between songs and sound bites of people talking. And lo and behold track 3 was "sound bite by billie joe of green day"! It was this 33 second clip of Billie talking about how conflict is useless, and how hates guns and thinks they should all be melted down. He also mentions being mugged at gunpoint. Anyway, thought it was a cool random thing to find:lol:

Do you think you can rip it somehow and upload it?

3 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

Do you think you can rip it somehow and upload it?

Here ya go! I ripped it to youtube.

• Like 2

Was watching Youtuber Adamthewoo on his daily vlog channel,

he mentioned 1994 being a pivotal year for pop culture enthusiasts mentions green day and the offspring

Starts at 1:51

Also Adam has the kerplunk girl tattooed on his arm (left one) 3:37

Edited by TracksAtChristieRoad

There's a restaurant here where I live with a Rock and Roll theme, they have hamburgers and drinks with the names of bands or artists, and they have the Green Day, a vegan hamburger :P 

15492333_1258683070842050_80971747835637

There's also a music channel that have an hour of rock videos and on the commercial they use Still Breathing :happy:

• Like 3

My favorite Green Day reference is in El Scorcho by Weezer. Rivers is a big GD fan.

• Like 2

Hey guy's I have a GD reference but I have no idea how to post the image. It is an image of a stair case to a Karaoke Bar in Auckland, NZ which has the Warning symbol and  "Green Day" painted on . would somebody help me figure out how to post the image here? 

44 minutes ago, reneetaleena said:

Hey guy's I have a GD reference but I have no idea how to post the image. It is an image of a stair case to a Karaoke Bar in Auckland, NZ which has the Warning symbol and  "Green Day" painted on . would somebody help me figure out how to post the image here? 

If you have a direct link to the image, you can select the Insert Other Media button on the bottom right, select Insert Image from URL.  IF not, you can post the image to something like photobucket and share the link to the image.

• Like 1

This is a Green Day logo on the steps of Rock Bar Karaoke in my hometown. I thought it was pretty cool, each step leading to the bar has a band logo branded on it.

20170202_215743_zps9ofzvrot.jpg?t=148597

• Like 3

I believe Green Day's cover of I Fought the Law was in the film St. Vincent with Bill Murray.  Not sure because Netflix will NOT let you watch the freaking credits anymore without immediatly playing some other movie but yeah.   It was them.