Green Day References

Liam

I was just sort of half watching the season premier of "Black-ish". Apparently the family went to Disney Land and had VIP passes. The father made a comment to the kids about being able to skip the line ahead of Green Day and said something like, "Did you see the look on Tre Cool's face?" I was doing work while it was on so I'm sorry I can't explain it better - it was a total surprise!

I ate at a restaurant in Columbus called Bodega tonight and they have a wall layered with cassette tapes. My friend just happened to pick a booth that had a Dookie cassette front and center and I got so giddy. I can't wait for them to come to town on Monday, ahh! :D 

• Like 3

I just watched an Emma Blackery video and she mentioned Green Day :D Nothing huge, I just get really irrationally happy when someone acknowledges their existence :lol:

"You just don't know these things. So don't be in any rush and just don't feel like there's a pressure to conform to a label. You know... oh god I sound like a punk kid who's like 12 and just listened to Green Day for the first time."

And I don't know if this has been mentioned before but in the Netflix series "Jessica Jones", they show Jessica's childhood room and there's a big Dookie poster on her wall :)

tumblr_odxii2v8pN1vcf70co3_1280.png

tumblr_odxii2v8pN1vcf70co1_1280.png

tumblr_odxii2v8pN1vcf70co2_1280.png

• Like 3

On 9/15/2016 at 4:59 PM, PurpleIron1039 said:

Was just surfing Alex Skolnick's website (I've found some really cool stuff on there before, like his 2011 interview with KK Downing, so it's definitely one of my favorite websites to browse), and I came across this by accident:

http://alexskolnick.com/?p=2636

"Billy Joe Armstrong" makes me grit my teeth a bit, though. Why does it seem to be so difficult for non-GD fans to spell his name correctly? :lol:

"Think about the titles of Green Day’s biggest tunes: Boulevard of Broken Dreams. Stuck with Me. Basket Case"  

Hmm something is wrong in this sentence

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, desertrose said:

Its not a Green Day reference

Most likely a Dead Poets Society reference

NRL Footy show in Australia played Bang Bang during one of their video montages 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doggins said:

NRL Footy show in Australia played Bang Bang during one of their video montages 

That's cool.

i'm watching the MLB NL Wild Card game on ESPN and they played "Still Breathing" during a quick highlight recap when they came back from commercial

• Like 2

I don't watch the show normally, but New Girl had a crossover episode with Brooklyn Nine-Nine so I had to watch it, too, and in the New Girl ep (6x04, Homecoming), Schmidt has a breakdown upon thinking about going back to his old high school and facing some of his bullies, and since he's staying at his mom's house while visiting, he yells "I'm going to go listen to Dookie on cassette!" and in the next scene, he's doing just that, with Jess, Cece and his mom trying to get him out of his room while Basket Case is playing.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2016 at 9:33 PM, desertrose said:

Man that'd be a cool sign to see :ga: 

• Like 1

Finally a Green Day fan who has some class and brings bitching about scalpers from GDC to the parliament where it belongs.  Seriously, this legislation is much-needed. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

A British MP (member of parliament), Nigel Adams, just mentioned his disappointment when trying to buy tickets for 'one of his favourite bands band, Green Day', when raising a question about legislating ticket resales sites during Prime Minister's Questions!!

Transcript: 'A few weeks ago, I thought I'd successfully bought 4 tickets online for one of my favourite bands, Green Day, only to be told that the tickets were unavailable and the gig sold out.  But within minutes, I could buy the tickets on another site for twice the price.  It turns out the ticket site had been the victim of a computerized attack by organised touts, who then resell the tickets at inflated prices.  Will the prime minister ask her ministers to give close consideration to my amendment to the digital economy act, which would make the computerized harvesting of tickets for resale an offence.  Similar legislation exists elsewhere, and it would go a long way to protecting consumers and genuine music fans.'

Video:

Considering his voting record I'm not sure the band would be too appreciative :P

15 minutes ago, Libertine Angel said:

Considering his voting record I'm not sure the band would be too appreciative :P

Hmmm, he's far from the worst tory out there.  Wouldn't ever be endorsed by them, but he's miles better than Trump.  I don't think they'd have a problem with him being a fan :P 

Spoiler

How Nigel Adams voted on Social Issues #

Generally voted against equal gay rights Show votes

Generally voted for smoking bans Show votes

Voted a mixture of for and against allowing marriage between two people of same sex Show votes

Generally voted against laws to promote equality and human rights Show votes

Has never voted on allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life

How Nigel Adams voted on Foreign Policy and Defence #

Consistently voted for use of UK military forces in combat operations overseas Show votes

Generally voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes

Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes

Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes

Consistently voted against strengthening the Military Covenant Show votes

Has never voted on a right to remain for EU nationals already in living in the UK

Has never voted on UK membership of the EU

Consistently voted for military action against ISIL (Daesh) Show votes

How Nigel Adams voted on Welfare and Benefits #

Almost always voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes

Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes

Almost always voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes

Consistently voted for making local councils responsible for helping those in financial need afford their council tax and reducing the amount spent on such support Show votes

Consistently voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes

Consistently voted against spending public money to create guaranteed jobs for young people who have spent a long time unemployed Show votes

How Nigel Adams voted on Taxation and Employment #

Consistently voted for raising the threshold at which people start to pay income tax Show votes

Almost always voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes

Almost always voted for higher taxes on alcoholic drinks Show votes

Consistently voted for higher taxes on plane tickets Show votes

Generally voted for lower taxes on fuel for motor vehicles Show votes

Almost always voted against increasing the tax rate applied to income over £150,000 Show votes

Generally voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes

We don’t have enough information to calculate Nigel Adams’s position on automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. Show votes

Almost always voted against a banker’s bonus tax Show votes

Generally voted for higher taxes on banks Show votes

Almost always voted against an annual tax on the value of expensive homes (popularly known as a mansion tax) Show votes

Consistently voted for allowing employees to exchange some employment rights for shares in the company they work for Show votes

Consistently voted for more restrictive regulation of trade union activity Show votes

Consistently voted for reducing capital gains tax Show votes

How Nigel Adams voted on Business and the Economy #

Consistently voted for reducing the rate of corporation tax Show votes

Voted a mixture of for and against measures to reduce tax avoidance Show votes

Voted a mixture of for and against stronger tax incentives for companies to invest in assets Show votes

Has never voted on new high speed rail infrastructure

How Nigel Adams voted on Health #

Consistently voted against restricting the provision of services to private patients by the NHS Show votes

Consistently voted for reforming the NHS so GPs buy services on behalf of their patients Show votes

Generally voted for smoking bans Show votes

Has never voted on allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life

How Nigel Adams voted on Education #

Consistently voted for greater autonomy for schools Show votes

Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes

Consistently voted for academy schools Show votes

Consistently voted for ending financial support for some 16-19 year olds in training and further education Show votes

Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes

How Nigel Adams voted on Constitutional Reform #

Consistently voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes

Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes

Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes

Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes

Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes

Consistently voted for local councils keeping money raised from taxes on business premises in their areas Show votes

Consistently voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes

Generally voted for fixed periods between parliamentary elections Show votes

Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes

Almost always voted against transferring more powers to the Welsh Assembly Show votes

Consistently voted against transferring more powers to the Scottish Parliament Show votes

Generally voted against more powers for local councils Show votes

Consistently voted for a veto for MPs from England, Wales and Northern Ireland over laws specifically impacting their part of the UK Show votes

Almost always voted against a lower voting age Show votes

How Nigel Adams voted on Home Affairs #

Consistently voted for a stricter asylum system Show votes

Consistently voted for the introduction of elected Police and Crime Commissioners Show votes

Generally voted for requiring the mass retention of information about communications Show votes

Consistently voted for stronger enforcement of immigration rules Show votes

Generally voted for mass surveillance of people’s communications and activities Show votes

Consistently voted for merging police and fire services under Police and Crime Commissioners Show votes

How Nigel Adams voted on Environmental Issues #

Generally voted against measures to prevent climate change Show votes

Consistently voted for selling England’s state owned forests Show votes

Voted a mixture of for and against financial incentives for low carbon emission electricity generation methods Show votes

Generally voted for culling badgers to tackle bovine tuberculosis Show votes

Voted a mixture of for and against greater regulation of hydraulic fracturing (fracking) to extract shale gas Show votes

Has never voted on new high speed rail infrastructure

How Nigel Adams voted on Transport #

Generally voted against greater public control of bus services Show votes

Consistently voted against slowing the rise in rail fares Show votes

Generally voted against a publicly owned railway system Show votes

How Nigel Adams voted on Housing #

Consistently voted for phasing out secure tenancies for life Show votes

Consistently voted for charging a market rent to high earners renting a council home Show votes

How Nigel Adams voted on Miscellaneous Topics #

Consistently voted against greater regulation of gambling Show votes

Consistently voted for capping civil service redundancy payments Show votes

We don’t have enough information to calculate Nigel Adams’s position on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. Show votes

Consistently voted for the privatisation of Royal Mail Show votes

Generally voted against requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases Show votes

Almost always voted for restricting the scope of legal aid Show votes

Generally voted for allowing national security sensitive evidence to be put before courts in secret sessions Show votes

Generally voted for a statutory register of lobbyists Show votes

Consistently voted for limits on success fees paid to lawyers in no-win no fee cases Show votes

Consistently voted against restrictions on fees charged to tenants by letting agents Show votes

Almost always voted for the policies included in the 2010 Conservative - Liberal Democrat Coalition Agreement Show votes

• Like 1