Green Day References

Liam

10 hours ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

Was this like on a big screen on the main stage ???? 

Yes it was. It was highlights they played it multiple times

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

Was this like on a big screen on the main stage ???? 

Here you go. This was the video on the main stage. it was played 2-3 times between Janes addiction and RHCP

http://sendvid.com/l1ows57e

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Brain Stew has just been played during the Italy-Montenegro swimming ball match at the Olympic games :D.

• Like 3

I play flute in my high school's marching band, and we have to attend "band camp" for 5 days (9am-9pm) every summer, to learn the field show and marching music (this year we're doing a Queen medley for the field show, which is very cool. They were taking suggestions at the end of last year for possible shows for this year, and I tried to persuade the director to consider an AI-themed performance). Anyway, tonight, I was standing on the field waiting to go into the next set, when the percussion section ran by, and the only guy who wasn't shirtless was wearing a Dookie tee. I thought that that was pretty cool, considering that I didn't think that anyone in band was a GD fan besides myself.

2 hours ago, PurpleIron1039 said:

I play flute in my high school's marching band, and we have to attend "band camp" for 5 days (9am-9pm) every summer, to learn the field show and marching music (this year we're doing a Queen medley for the field show, which is very cool. They were taking suggestions at the end of last year for possible shows for this year, and I tried to persuade the director to consider an AI-themed performance). Anyway, tonight, I was standing on the field waiting to go into the next set, when the percussion section ran by, and the only guy who wasn't shirtless was wearing a Dookie tee. I thought that that was pretty cool, considering that I didn't think that anyone in band was a GD fan besides myself.

My friend's high school band's show was actually American Idiot :) 

On July 28, 2016 at 10:53 PM, inthehallwaynow said:

Not really a reference but a flat out GD thing.. The new episode of Mr Robot had a lullaby version of Basket Case in it.. pretty cool to hear and instantly recognize 

Came to post this as I'm still catching up on Mr. Robot. Have to admit it took me a minute to realize it was Basket Case.

• Like 1

There are a fuck ton of obvious GD and Blink references in this (as you'd expect), but there was some stuff that made me think that he hasn't listened to a ton of pop punk.

32 minutes ago, WalkingContradictionPL said:

I hope it hasn't been posted yet. I found it recently. Kind of stupid game but I can't stop laughing. "Protect Billie Joe"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.loustarrr.protectbillie

OK, I played it.  It says that the guy created it for his girlfriend.  It is pretty stupid, but funny as hell too.  When you lose, it pipes in with Billie and the "I've been around since 1988" line.

• Like 2

Green Day mentioned several times in this article:

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2016/08/9_acts_that_will_eventually_en.html

If Green Day were the forefathers of mainstream pop-punk, Blink-182 certainly cemented the genre as the future of rock radio. Albums like "Dude Ranch" and "Take Off Your Pants and Jacket" were highly influential, to the point where, if you look at the current landscape of rock, you'd be hard pressed to find a more influential act.

If there were a Mount Rushmore modern pop-punk it should include Bad Religion, Green Day, Blink-182 and Fall Out Boy. Pete Wentz and company may seem like simple bubble gum act to purists. But the truth is rock music has changed and so will the Rock Hall in terms of honoring younger acts that represent that evolution, none more than FOB.

Personally, I think they should focus on getting the older prog rock and metal acts into the hall first. I don't think that any hip hop/rap or purely electronic music should be in the Rock Hall, but I can see (not necessarily agree with, but understand) Blink, Korn, and Oasis definitely getting in.

• Like 1

At the Olympics diving this year they were playing over the loud speakers before the lobotomy. I was kimda shocked since it has cussing and it wasn't a single

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zeldachick14 said:

At the Olympics diving this year they were playing over the loud speakers before the lobotomy. I was kimda shocked since it has cussing and it wasn't a single

Probably because the pool turned green.

also in my top 5 songs😀

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

GMM mentions Green Day.

I was JUST about to post this!

I'm a HUGE GMM fan so when they talked about them I instantly got so happy :D

I was at a gig last night and next to the stage there was a poster saying Kill Your Television (didn't get a picture though, it was next to the female toilets and that would've looked creepy :P ).

• Like 1

Was just surfing Alex Skolnick's website (I've found some really cool stuff on there before, like his 2011 interview with KK Downing, so it's definitely one of my favorite websites to browse), and I came across this by accident:

http://alexskolnick.com/?p=2636

"Billy Joe Armstrong" makes me grit my teeth a bit, though. Why does it seem to be so difficult for non-GD fans to spell his name correctly? :lol: