Green Day References

Liam

The german TV channel "Pro7" is going to air a Mr. Bean movie soon and they're playing "Oh Love" in the preview's background :happy: No idea why they use it for this movie but I had to smile when I heard it!

I'm watching a celebrity edition of The Chase, and they just asked Rachel Riley from Countdown "Welcome To Paradise was the first top 20 hit of which band?". She said Green Day immediately and even sang a bit of it :D. Green Day fan spotted!

I'm watching a celebrity edition of The Chase, and they just asked Rachel Riley from Countdown "Welcome To Paradise was the first top 20 hit of which band?". She said Green Day immediately and even sang a bit of it :D. Green Day fan spotted!

'

WtP was their first hit? :blink: Not Basket Case or Longview? According to Wiki it only hit #56 on the Billboard Hot 100 and was released in October 1994. I think that question was wrong :lol: But nice that it was there at all.

'

WtP was their first hit? :blink: Not Basket Case or Longview? According to Wiki it only hit #56 on the Billboard Hot 100 and was released in October 1994. I think that question was wrong :lol: But nice that it was there at all.

Nah they were referring to the UK singles chart. Longview came out first, but it only got to number 30 in the UK. Then Welcome To Paradise got to number 20 in October, then Basket Case number 6 in November.

Nah they were referring to the UK singles chart. Longview came out first, but it only got to number 30 in the UK. Then Welcome To Paradise got to number 20 in October, then Basket Case number 6 in November.

I was gonna post about this! I've only ever seen 2 episodes of this programme, my Mum likes it, and both had a Green Day question. The one i saw about a month ago had the question "complete the Green Day track Boulevard of Broken ...?"

must be a Green Day fan in the bank of people who write the questions!

I was gonna post about this! I've only ever seen 2 episodes of this programme, my Mum likes it, and both had a Green Day question. The one i saw about a month ago had the question "complete the Green Day track Boulevard of Broken ...?"

must be a Green Day fan in the bank of people who write the questions!

Nice! Green Day fans everywhere. My mum went on The Chase once (and won :cool:) so she always watches it, was watching it with her. She said Rachel Riley probably only knew the answer because she'd heard it and asked someone "what's that awful shit?" lol. Considering it's not one of their most well known songs I'm pretty impressed with her Green Day knowledge.

I'm reading 11/22/63 by stephen king and there are two gd references:

1st: there is a cemetary called "longview" (and the funny thing is that i was listening to longview while i was reading this part of the book :D )

2nd: the protagoinst and a lady are talking about the book "the catcher in the rye" and Holden Caulfield