Green Day References

Liam

I'm watching the TV Serie COMMUNITY and the school hired Green Day to play a concert in the cafeteria. Except they hired Green Daeze 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I'm watching the TV Serie COMMUNITY and the school hired Green Day to play a concert in the cafeteria. Except they hired Green Daeze 😂

Good episode lol 

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Yojimbo said:

Bit about American Idiot around 8:50.

I literally just watched this tonight and was so happy! :lol: Thought about posting it on here as well, but didn't bother because I'm lazy.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Reading a recent ESPN article about the NHL's return to play and Steve Mayer, an NHL executive, made a pretty amusing and rather obvious veiled reference to Green Day's obscenities at the 2020 All Star Game:

ESPN: The NHL said there will be a five-second delay on the broadcast to catch obscenities and other language. You've said in the past that there would be more "24/7," behind-the-scenes footage of players airing before and during games. How careful are you going to be about language in those segments?

Mayer: When it's appointment viewing and it's an "all-access" show, we've had no issue with them being uncensored. But for our games -- especially given some of the times of these games this year, playing all day long -- it's really important that families watch and kids watch. We didn't want to have an issue. Now, of course, we're protecting our players. It's a joint decision between us and the NHLPA. It was everybody that made that decision, including the networks. With families watching, it doesn't seem right. We've gotten burned before -- like by musical artists.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/29544868/how-nhl-games-look-sound-restart

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, BrendanL said:

Reading a recent ESPN article about the NHL's return to play and Steve Mayer, an NHL executive, made a pretty amusing and rather obvious veiled reference to Green Day's obscenities at the 2020 All Star Game:

ESPN: The NHL said there will be a five-second delay on the broadcast to catch obscenities and other language. You've said in the past that there would be more "24/7," behind-the-scenes footage of players airing before and during games. How careful are you going to be about language in those segments?

Mayer: When it's appointment viewing and it's an "all-access" show, we've had no issue with them being uncensored. But for our games -- especially given some of the times of these games this year, playing all day long -- it's really important that families watch and kids watch. We didn't want to have an issue. Now, of course, we're protecting our players. It's a joint decision between us and the NHLPA. It was everybody that made that decision, including the networks. With families watching, it doesn't seem right. We've gotten burned before -- like by musical artists.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/29544868/how-nhl-games-look-sound-restart

The NHL never cared before it's changed since the major push to try and capture more of the US sports market. In Canada we had Don Cherry on TV all the time and he got fired last year for a controversial comment. I spent years saying "how do they not fire him over this stuff?". Hockey was always a tough sport and we've had some crazy players come out in interviews over the years as well. As of late it seems players have been put in a course for handling the media and interviews and the game seems to have lost some of it's emotion. 

I miss Jeremy Roenick talking shit in interviews. I hated him as a Leafs fan at the time but I respected his emotion and drive for the game. Green Day would have represented the NHL better in the 1990's or early 2000's. No one at the time gave a fuck. Hell, one of my earliest memories from the TV in the 90's was watching Billy Idol flip off the camera telling the media to fuck off. I laughed and my parents didn't give a fuck about it. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Squashie said:

This 5 second delay is a fucking joke. 

Oh 100%. What's next no fighting in the game at all? Everything is a penalty now. I was a huge memorabilia collector with a few of my friends when I was a kid. 

We went out to events and met all the players and stuff in the early 2000s. Back then we were scared of the players when we met them cause they were huge. I met Ponikarovsky who wasn't even a tougher player in that time and he looked buff and extremely tough. I wouldn't have messed with him, maybe he wasn't tough for the NHL but he'd kick my ass with no issues lol

Now you see guys like Mitch Marner and Connor McDavid and it's like "that's it?". It's not that there weren't smaller players before but they still were big for their size. 

8 hours ago, Squashie said:

This 5 second delay is a fucking joke. 

The thing is with no crowd we will hear everything on the ice. 

• Like 2

Watching TV and I just saw a commercial for AT&T and Oh Yeah was playing in the background. Gotta still get that promo I guess? 

I was just watching Bob's Burgers and there's an episode where Linda is dyeing everything green for St. Patrick's Day and another character says they should do that for all the other holidays too and then lists "Arbor Day, Labor Day, Green Day Day." and I had to rewind to make sure I heard that right. :lol: I got unreasonably excited about that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My brother bought a book about his soccer team that talks about the history from both the team and their stadium. There's a part where it gets to all the bands that played there, and lucky for me it's where the boys played :wub: The writer says so many great things about them and their unforgettable performance. I wish I could live it all again.

No pics because it's in spanish :P 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not quite a reference, but the other day I freaked out and almost hit the "Buy" button when I saw a t-shirt with a huge "BILL_ JOE_" But it was just Billy Joel :dry: Who would buy that, I don't know. And no disrespect to Billy Joel, but... I think no one. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Watching vids of Brandon Flynn on youtube and there's a part where he's singing Good Riddance with his dog :wub:

• Love 1

Watching super store on Netflix and in this episode Cheyenne's mom wants to throw a Green Day theme party for a 2 year old and Jonah even lists several Green Day songs when challenged by Amy. Made me really happy when I saw it.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

It’s come to my attention that there’s a fraction of Green Day fandom interested in New Age, which I got curious about so I searched and didn’t find much except for this: there’s a tarot deck that includes Billie and I really like the artwork on it

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFHwqx-j1-N/

• Like 1

Wow, of course he's The Fool. :lol: I know almost nothing about tarot and think it's just fun bs with pretty cards, but I do know that people don't seem to like getting that one.

• Like 2