Green Day References

Liam

1 hour ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

@Flashback @jengd I actually did go to an osteopath yesterday. She adjusted me as she saw fit, but I still don't feel better yet. I also don't have an official diagnosis yet, so it's hard to know what to treat if they don't know what it is. The next thing I'm going to do is acupuncture. It's worked wonders for my migraines in the past so hopefully it will help with whatever is going on now.

Oh okay, hopefully acupuncture works here as well, I wish you all the best!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just heard All By Myself on the most random Irish TV show imaginable. Show is called Operation Transformation. Its basically a show where you have a small group of people trying to loose weight and change their lifestyles over a number of weeks but ya was surprised to here that song of all songs on such a show lol

• 2 weeks later...

I went to an Anti-Flag concert yesterday and one of the supports was "The Homeless Gospel Choir", a folk-punk singer from Pennsylvania. I didn't know him and wasn't really paying attention, but at one point he sang something about a "Green Day tape". I looked up the lyrics today and thought I'd share them here because I can relate to them a lot. I think many of us can:wub::

Normal

Nineteen-ninety-four
I felt so insecure
Growing in my hometown like a cancer
Something so unsure
Was knocking at my door
Eleven years old then and it was time to answer

I found my escape
In that Green Day tape

When the songs would end we'd just rewind them
Kids with purple hair
Were all out there somewhere
And I would be goddamned if I didn't find them

Up until that time
I had no peace of mind
I was stuck inside of something I didn't sign up for
So I met this kid with dreads
And I can't forget what he said
When I told him I didn't want to feel strange anymore
(this is what he told me)

You're never gonna be normal
You're never gonna be normal cause you're a punk

I started going to shows
And taking songs off the radio
Then I figured out the radio was bullshit
Picked up a guitar
And played it with my heart
I got inside my car and I stared driving

Twenty years and change
Well this is more than just a phase
I found something that I can believe
Things are getting tough
And feel like giving up
I remember what my one friend said to me
(this is what he said)

You're never gonna be normal cause you're a punk
We are the sons of no one

Video here:

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently reading This is A Call, a book about Dave Grohl and there's a passage where he mentions Green Day. It's not a new quote - it's probably from about 10 years ago or longer:

"When I listen to some bands who have been around for ten or fifteen years like, God Bless em, the Ramones or Green Day or AC/DC - those bands have a made a career out of making music that wrestles with one dynamic. But fuck that, I don't want to be that band. I want to be a band that can do fucking anything."

What's funny is Foo Fighters are that band now. They've been around for 25 years and they stick with the same sound, so nice one Dave :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

I'm currently reading This is A Call, a book about Dave Grohl and there's a passage where he mentions Green Day. It's not a new quote - it's probably from about 10 years ago or longer:

"When I listen to some bands who have been around for ten or fifteen years like, God Bless em, the Ramones or Green Day or AC/DC - those bands have a made a career out of making music that wrestles with one dynamic. But fuck that, I don't want to be that band. I want to be a band that can do fucking anything."

What's funny is Foo Fighters are that band now. They've been around for 25 years and they stick with the same sound, so nice one Dave :lol:

Yeah I was gonna say Green Day has been more versatile over their career than Foo Fighters. Love em both to death though. 

• Like 3

I like the Foo Fighters but Green Day's sound is a million times more distinctive and style-defining than theirs. Not that groundbreaking, really. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kaylubd said:

That’s funny because I was hearing talk of the Foos anniversary tour on the radio today and had almost that thought that the Foos are ok but do the same thing pretty much, and I was glad GD we’re still doing different stuff!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

There are many Green Day references on this site.  

Just a few! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sheenius said:

Colour and the Shape and Wasting Light 

Maybe Wasting Light? But it still sounds like their other records to me...it's just better than most of them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Came across this Fakemon on tumblr and cracked up.

6y1A0I9.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Came across this Fakemon on tumblr and cracked up.

6y1A0I9.png

That's the best song that has never seen the light of Cigarettes & Valentines yet still has been electrified since and released under The Network.

It feels so Green Day-ish, I can't. I believe my own truth!

I know, I love that song. Definitely one of my favorites on that album. The last, drawn out "you" that Billie sings gives me chills every time. So pretty!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I know, I love that song. Definitely one of my favorites on that album. The last, drawn out "you" that Billie sings gives me chills every time. So pretty!

Yeah, it's my absolute favorite because it just feels like Green Day with a lot of reverb and other vocal effects and, of course, electro influences. I also love the lyrics, comparing it to the other songs from the album, it gives me even more of a reason to think it indeed originally was written for Green Day. Love it and still listen to it a lot. :) Plus the background noises, makes it feel dark yet the song itself isn't like that. Yeah, I really love it. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I just watched this and of course was reminded of GD and Horny. Harriette could be Horny's girlfriend. 😂