Green Day References

Liam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wednesday in the new Addams Family movies is seen wearing a pink unicorn barrette in of one of the promos!

• Haha 1

I'm listening to a Shadowrun podcast called NeoScum and the most recent episode that I listened to was titled "Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)".

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if you guys know Tegan and Sara, indie pop sisters. They wrote a memoir about their high school experiences and there are a lot of GD references. One of the chapters "BASKET CASE" is about them going to a green day show in 94 and being in the pit and having an insane time. Tegan also talks about singing "She" to one of her first crushes. Really worth the read if you like both groups and want to see how GD influenced them.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, PursuitOfEpicness said:

Don't know if you guys know Tegan and Sara, indie pop sisters. They wrote a memoir about their high school experiences and there are a lot of GD references. One of the chapters "BASKET CASE" is about them going to a green day show in 94 and being in the pit and having an insane time. Tegan also talks about singing "She" to one of her first crushes. Really worth the read if you like both groups and want to see how GD influenced them.

I creeped out Sara 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've got a couple:

First, I have been having chronic back pain for the past 5 months and was seeing yet another doctor for it who suggested that if the MRI I get doesn't show anything, I should try a short term, tapered round of prednisone. Of course I immediately thought of Billie and his "prednisone is the best" thing from revrad era.

Second, I just watched an SNL Christmas special and there was a bit that was a parody of those NOW albums, but a Christmas version with a bunch of different popular artists. One of the ones who was parodied was Billie and I was unreasonably excited about it.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I've got a couple:

First, I have been having chronic back pain for the past 5 months and was seeing yet another doctor for it who suggested that if the MRI I get doesn't show anything, I should try a short term, tapered round of prednisone. Of course I immediately thought of Billie and his "prednisone is the best" thing from revrad era.

Second, I just watched an SNL Christmas special and there was a bit that was a parody of those NOW albums, but a Christmas version with a bunch of different popular artists. One of the ones who was parodied was Billie and I was unreasonably excited about it.

Hope you get that back sorted out soon 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2019 at 7:25 AM, Green Day In Seattle said:

I've got a couple:

Have you tried an Osteopath?

On 12/23/2019 at 2:18 AM, jengd said:

Have you tried an Osteopath?

I've done most things. Massage therapy, physical therapy, cortisol injection, etc. I have not been to an osteopath, but a lot of the stuff I do in PT involves musculoskeletal mobility already.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm reading the Dark Tower series by Stephen King and right after getting off GDA, I read this:   

"Roland didn't care if she called herself Queen O' Green Days, as long as she came back safe, and the other two were still there when she did."

• Haha 1

On 12/25/2019 at 8:15 AM, Green Day In Seattle said:

I've done most things. Massage therapy, physical therapy, cortisol injection, etc. I have not been to an osteopath, but a lot of the stuff I do in PT involves musculoskeletal mobility already.

Try the osteopath, it‘s a completely different experience than going to a physical therapist!

An osteopath visit can be quite a shock if you don’t appreciate how much you may be manipulated and honestly, my first visit, I thought he had killed me but he really helps.  If nothing else they should assess if your hips, back etc are straight.  My problem is trapping my sciatic nerve and doctors just say to rest up, take a anti-inflammatories and while they relieve the pain, they don’t actually cure it.  The day after my appointment, I feel like I’ve been hit by a bus but at the same time the pain is gone and it’s great.  I actually do his exercises and so haven’t had to go back in years.  

@Flashback @jengd I actually did go to an osteopath yesterday. She adjusted me as she saw fit, but I still don't feel better yet. I also don't have an official diagnosis yet, so it's hard to know what to treat if they don't know what it is. The next thing I'm going to do is acupuncture. It's worked wonders for my migraines in the past so hopefully it will help with whatever is going on now.