Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
We're having a photography contest where you guys send in a photo that describes what that time of year means to you. Only one week left to enter.

Photo

The School Thread

• Please log in to reply
1280 replies to this topic

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,274 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 3,152 rep

I've never actually studied Russia, but there was a bit in my revision guide on it, and the small amount was pretty interesting. I should really read more if it.

It is really fantastic, hell of a lot of death though xD
  • SaintJimmy13 likes this

Sofouska

Sofouska
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts
  • Joined Aug 13, 2010
  • 952 rep
My maths teacher told me about a student of his that I don't really like for plenty of reasons, so I told him that and when I asked him not to say anything to her, he told me he's on my side since I'm the student he loves the most :happy:
Spoiler

• Dirntbag and SaintJimmy13 like this

Sauli

Sauli
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,160 posts
  • Joined May 24, 2014
  • 2,035 rep
The feeling when you struggle with a physics assignment for an hour, and always meet a dead end. Then you reread ot, realise that it was helluva lot simpler, and finished it in two minutes.
I forgot that the ideal gas theory does not take the effect temperature has on pressure into account. :lol:

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,848 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 1,586 rep

The feeling when you struggle with a physics assignment for an hour, and always meet a dead end. Then you reread ot, realise that it was helluva lot simpler, and finished it in two minutes.
I forgot that the ideal gas theory does not take the effect temperature has on pressure into account. :lol:

I know exactly what you mean. You stare at the question, stare at it some more, keep staring at it, continue staring, desperately try to find something wrong with either your working or the question itself, look away for five minutes, read it again and get it instantly.

Sauli

Sauli
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,160 posts
  • Joined May 24, 2014
  • 2,035 rep

I know exactly what you mean. You stare at the question, stare at it some more, keep staring at it, continue staring, desperately try to find something wrong with either your working or the question itself, look away for five minutes, read it again and get it instantly.

I nearly got it done anyway, it was complex as hell but as I calculated the new pressure and all, I should have calculated the new density as the temperature changed, but I have no clue how to do that so yeah :lol: it was so close. .. if I had known how to do that I'd have got it right even though I did originally take the change of pressure into account.
I could have used mole mass etc but the gas in question was air which is a mix so...

Sofouska

Sofouska
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,473 posts
  • Joined Aug 13, 2010
  • 952 rep
Thermodynamics. Yay.
Our teacher last year handed out a test in which she forgot to add some necessary data :dry: This woman was the source of half my problems last year.

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,848 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 1,586 rep

I nearly got it done anyway, it was complex as hell but as I calculated the new pressure and all, I should have calculated the new density as the temperature changed, but I have no clue how to do that so yeah :lol: it was so close. .. if I had known how to do that I'd have got it right even though I did originally take the change of pressure into account.
I could have used mole mass etc but the gas in question was air which is a mix so...

That actually sounds quite interesting compared to the stuff I did on that subject - we never spoke of density, and really didn't do much more than the ideal gas equation, Boyle's Law and E=1.5kt.

• Sauli likes this

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• 8,274 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 3,152 rep
I feel really bad, I had two history essays due this week and I just couldn't handle it, so I did one for one teacher and left the other one. Knowing I would need a reason not to hand in an essay I made up an excuse for the other teacher saying I wrote it and the usb it was on deleted my files .
Not only did he believe the excuse, but he started asking me if I was okay and making sure I wasn't too annoyed about it happening =/ awkward...
  • Dirntbag and SaintJimmy13 like this

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,848 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 1,586 rep

I feel really bad, I had two history essays due this week and I just couldn't handle or, so I did one for one teacher and left the other one. Knowing I would need a reason not to hand in an essay I made up an excuse for the other teacher saying I wrote it and the usb it was on deleted.
Not only did he believe the excuse, but he started asking me if I was okay and making sure I wasn't too annoyed about it happening =/ awkward...

Don't worry about it, that's the kind of thing I used to say all the time. It doesn't really get any easier to say after the first time, but it gets easier to come up with an excuse.

Dirntbag

Dirntbag
  • Unsuspicious Individual

• 3,226 posts
  • Joined Jan 15, 2012
  • 3,132 rep

The last week of school is always so useless... The first term ends for the Christmas holidays this Friday, but grades for all the teachers were due the previous week, so we're basically watching movies in every class. I really hate it. Why not just make the grades due this Friday instead? Then we'd be learning right up until the break. This way is just a whole week of filler, and it's infuriating. 

Spoiler

Sofouska

Sofouska
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,473 posts
  • Joined Aug 13, 2010
  • 952 rep
Stay at home Fae, you'll get to see your brother and maybe revise something you don't remember that well and study on your own :D
  • Dirntbag likes this

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• 8,274 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 3,152 rep

Don't worry about it, that's the kind of thing I used to say all the time. It doesn't really get any easier to say after the first time, but it gets easier to come up with an excuse.

It's not even the fact that I lied that I feel bad about (if I do say so myself, it was a damn good one xD) it's just the fact that he clearly felt really bad for me, and I totally made it up. I feel like a horrible person :lol:

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,848 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 1,586 rep

It's not even the fact that I lied that I feel bad about (if I do say so myself, it was a damn good one xD) it's just the fact that he clearly felt really bad for me, and I totally made it up. I feel like a horrible person :lol:

Yeah, I see what you mean - fortunately none of the teachers I lied to really cared that much about me (that I remember - I might've probably lied to some of the good teachers though), so I've never had to deal with that.

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• 8,274 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 3,152 rep

Yeah, I see what you mean - fortunately none of the teachers I lied to really cared that much about me (that I remember - I might've probably lied to some of the good teachers though), so I've never had to deal with that.

I've never felt this bad about making up an excuse :lol: I feel like I've taken advantage of his kindness xDD Today in class, when he was collecting the essays, he came up to me and said "commiserations again about the usb" :pinch: 

I'm not used to this, all my teachers last year were horrible :P xD

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,848 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 1,586 rep

I've never felt this bad about making up an excuse :lol: I feel like I've taken advantage of his kindness xDD Today in class, when he was collecting the essays, he came up to me and said "commiserations again about the usb" :pinch:

I'm not used to this, all my teachers last year were horrible :P xD

Actually now I do remember one time where I pulled almost the exact same lie on a teacher who was nice, and yeah, it stayed on my mind for a lot longer than most. I justified it in my head eventually though, so it didn't last too long. But yeah, I know what you mean. It's always harder to scam the ones who like you, but at the same time it's a lot easier.

Advertising

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• 8,274 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 3,152 rep

Actually now I do remember one time where I pulled almost the exact same lie on a teacher who was nice, and yeah, it stayed on my mind for a lot longer than most. I justified it in my head eventually though, so it didn't last too long. But yeah, I know what you mean. It's always harder to scam the ones who like you, but at the same time it's a lot easier.

Also, what bugs me about the situation is usually if I don't get big pieces of homework done I'll hand them in the next week, but because of the Christmas break if feels like ages between the deadline and when I can hand it in =/ 

Not looking forward to going to school tomorrow, it's going to be so empty because it's the last day before the Christmas break...

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,848 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 1,586 rep

Also, what bugs me about the situation is usually if I don't get big pieces of homework done I'll hand them in the next week, but because of the Christmas break if feels like ages between the deadline and when I can hand it in =/

Not looking forward to going to school tomorrow, it's going to be so empty because it's the last day before the Christmas break...

Yeah, it's always desolate on the last day of term, especially if it's a half day (which I have tomorrow, which is good and bad, because I actually wanted to get some stuff done in Computing and it's only 40 minutes instead of 2 hours). I've got no excuse though, as all the schools I've ever been to have been 10 minutes away on foot.

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• 8,274 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 3,152 rep

Yeah, it's always desolate on the last day of term, especially if it's a half day (which I have tomorrow, which is good and bad, because I actually wanted to get some stuff done in Computing and it's only 40 minutes instead of 2 hours). I've got no excuse though, as all the schools I've ever been to have been 10 minutes away on foot.

It's always the good classes that get cut short! :( We finish at half 2 tomorrow, so that means I'm only in history for 15 minutes, and it's my favourite subject... We're having hot chocolate and cookies in double biology first and second though so I can't really complain :lol:

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,848 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 1,586 rep

It's always the good classes that get cut short! :( We finish at half 2 tomorrow, so that means I'm only in history for 15 minutes, and it's my favourite subject... We're having hot chocolate and cookies in double biology first and second though so I can really complain :lol:

Well, that's a pretty good turnout. I've just got all the lessons cut to 40 minutes and compressed down so I end at 12:40, and the morning Maths workshop has been cancelled so the other class can catch up on what they're behind on, so I start later, which is good. I really do wish I could stay in Computing for longer though, as I was halfway through something kinda complex last week and I probably won't be able to remember quite where I was going with it when I get back, as it'll be a month without working on it.

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• 8,274 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 3,152 rep

Well, that's a pretty good turnout. I've just got all the lessons cut to 40 minutes and compressed down so I end at 12:40, and the morning Maths workshop has been cancelled so the other class can catch up on what they're behind on, so I start later, which is good. I really do wish I could stay in Computing for longer though, as I was halfway through something kinda complex last week and I probably won't be able to remember quite where I was going with it when I get back, as it'll be a month without working on it.

That's always the worst part about holidays, not being able to remember how the heck to do stuff when you get back :pinch:

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,848 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 1,586 rep

That's always the worst part about holidays, not being able to remember how the heck to do stuff when you get back :pinch:

I'll probably avoid it for my other subjects, as I've been given a fair amount of homework - Maths was surprisingly light, just a C3 paper and some differentials, Chemistry was a comparative ton (4 papers and everything unfinished), I'll probably have to do the prep notes on the particle stuff in Physics, but there's really not much you can do at home in Computing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users