Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The School Thread

• Please log in to reply
997 replies to this topic

Sauli

Sauli
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts
  • Joined May 24, 2014
  • 383 rep

This is a thing, for a lot of girls unfortunately. They're like "I'm all for equality but hell no, I'm not a feminist". News flash: this is called feminism. Being a feminist doesn't equal being an annoying man-hater. Jfc people.

I know...but to be fair some feminists take it over the top. I once read an article where one hc feminist wrote that sex between male and female is always a rape....it was very odd.

But its sad that it gives bad stigma since feminism is still an important thing honestly and peole shouldn't think it as the same thing as hating men and being annoying. :cry: kinda opposite actually. I believe also mens situation gets better when there's equality of sexes...

Dirntbag

Dirntbag
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts
  • Joined Jan 15, 2012
  • 2,306 rep

I know right?! I don't believe that other people are dumb, it's just that I've tried very hard. I solved about 1000 excercises in physics, math and chemistry (1000 excercises each!) this year and I expect nothing less than 100%. But when it comes down to taking the exam, I get nervous and I can't think straight, therefore I make all those tiny mistakes and then I get really sad because I was so close! 

Oh I hate that teacher. I told her I was going for the first field of studies (that includes mathematics, chemistry, biology and physics) from the beginning, and all she did was discourage me and taunt me whenever she got the chance. If I had a 98% in ancient Greek I wouldn't feel that bad because my teacher is this super-supportive guy who will high-five you if you do well. But her? Not only did I make a stupid mistake that cost me two points, I also gave her the chance to taunt me and tell me I'm not good enough again.

Spoiler

Ugh, I have no time for people like that - especially adults who don't think as highly of kids and so think that the opinions of adults mean more, and so can never imagine a kid being right. 

I was talking in the feminism thread about this archery teacher the school hired, and he was a blatant sexist and was just a general prick. It's so hard when people who have authority over you are like this (and wont' change their views) because they're toxic to be around but what can you do??? Ugh. So sorry you have to go through all this with that woman.  :dry:

Sorry but women who disagree with feminism must be seriously fucked up. Men too but hell, why she disagrees with her equality with men. ..like what.

people are strange.

This is a thing, for a lot of girls unfortunately. They're like "I'm all for equality but hell no, I'm not a feminist". News flash: this is called feminism. Being a feminist doesn't equal being an annoying man-hater. Jfc people.

Omg this is so true. You see so many celebrities saying the same thing - like "um no I don't support feminism, I'm not a man hater gosh!!" I think it's because feminism has this reputation for being radical and accusatory - few people realize the true definition of feminism, which has nothing to do with 'female supremacy' and simply advocates for equality for both genders. And so because of that, people are reluctant to call themselves feminists, even if they do realize what it's actually about.

Sofouska

Sofouska
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,237 posts
  • Joined Aug 13, 2010
  • 725 rep

Ugh, I have no time for people like that - especially adults who don't think as highly of kids and so think that the opinions of adults mean more, and so can never imagine a kid being right. 

I was talking in the feminism thread about this archery teacher the school hired, and he was a blatant sexist and was just a general prick. It's so hard when people who have authority over you are like this (and wont' change their views) because they're toxic to be around but what can you do??? Ugh. So sorry you have to go through all this with that woman.  :dry:

It's sad that these people are teachers, school teachers should be open minded people :( But as you said, what can we do? We just have to put up till school is over.

I know...but to be fair some feminists take it over the top. I once read an article where one hc feminist wrote that sex between male and female is always a rape....it was very odd.

But its sad that it gives bad stigma since feminism is still an important thing honestly and peole shouldn't think it as the same thing as hating men and being annoying. :cry: kinda opposite actually. I believe also mens situation gets better when there's equality of sexes...

Yeah, I know =/ But I do believe everything will get better, positive ideas are being spread all around the world every day!

• Dirntbag likes this

Castiel.

Castiel.
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Joined Oct 25, 2010
  • 220 rep

So today I found out that I have competence for the University I've applied to :D

• Dirntbag likes this

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 94 rep

That's me done with exams for another year, and hopefully done with decision maths forever - it's the most boring, most pointless maths ever conceived. I've spent countless hours putting numbers in order with convoluted sorting algorithms and none of them even came up in the paper.

Sofouska

Sofouska
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,237 posts
  • Joined Aug 13, 2010
  • 725 rep

I finished my exams a week ago and the results came out, the overall average is 19,4/20.

:( I'm sad about it! I swear I started crying at some point. Some grades were really unfair, okay? 15/20 in Literatture?! Seriously?!

And honestly, school is the only thing I'm good at in this sad life, so I'll either be the best or sad. 

Pieces of Truth

Pieces of Truth
  • I am a mountain, I am the sea

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,022 posts
  • Joined Aug 04, 2012
  • 2,004 rep

What the fuck the school system is shit.
I admit, I could do better in school if I tried hard enough. But that's not the point - not right now, anyway.
The threat of failing several subjects is my steady companion at the end of the school year. As always I still somehow manage to do a 180 degree turn and get passing grades... Except, this year's maths teacher refused to give me one. 50% is a passing grade over here, I got 60% on my last math test (I suck.) - Which SHOULD translate into a 3- (1=very good 2=good 3=satisfactory 4=sufficient 5=deficient 6=fail) ... but he grades me BARELY a 4. Obviously not good enough to balance the 5 I got on the test before.
Yadda yadda my mom goes apehshit and storms off to the dean because, y'know, obviously she wants me to pass this grade and so do I. He gets the maths teacher and when my mom asks him about his grading system he tells her:
"Of course getting 50% on the test is a 4."
"Sandy got 60%."
"Well, even IF I graded her a 3, there's still plenty enough reasons for me to fail her."
So my mom threatens to sue in case he fails me and he literally says:
"If that's so I'm going to let her pass. The paperwork is a hazzle."

TL;DR:So, not only is his grading system fucked, but he only passes me because he doesn't feel like doing paperwork.
Thanks for caring and giving me faith in the world, Mr. H.

Sofouska

Sofouska
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,237 posts
  • Joined Aug 13, 2010
  • 725 rep

Oh this really does suck =/ The school system is shitty everywhere, except for 2-3 countries, so we're going to have to cope with stupid teachers I fear. It's normal that you got really upset but I suggest you don't give a damn about stupid-ass teachers from now on :hug:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users