Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Listen to Static Noise 94: We give our thoughts on Demolicious.

Photo

The School Thread

• Please log in to reply
914 replies to this topic

Sofouska

Sofouska
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts
  • Joined Aug 13, 2010
  • 568 rep

I'm the talkative one so they make me present almost every single project in the school.

Usually because I study the thing and I don't prepare something to read out lout and bore people, I think of what to say to convince my crowd during the presentation heh :D It's the only thing I'm proud of about myself tbh.

My problem at school is that I get angry easily and I always fight with my teachers. They're always saying plenty of crap, and the other kids just ignore them but I can't do that.

Sian

Sian
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Joined Feb 17, 2014
  • 9 rep

I hate my school so much, I'd rather listen to Justin Bieber than sending my own children to my school. And that's saying something.

The teachers in my school are biased as hell.

The student who doesn't blink in your first lecture of the year, is the best student. Of course.

Get good grades = be the teacher's favourite = more expectations

I'm the honour roll student, idek how but I literally hate school to the bottom of my feet.

Students create rumors about each other, and girls are fuucking hell drama biches.

Nobody's trustworthy.

I have no bff now, I just used to have one which was a girl in my school.

Then she realised she rather get the boy's attention than hanging out with me, and now she's in the slut group.

THE PEOPLE IN MY SCHOOL NEVER CARE ABOUT OTHER'S FEELINGS.

OFCOURSE I AM MADE OF FUUCKING ROCK.

The teacher has that favourite in the class. And that's the only one she sees in the class.

I had done so much hard work and stood 1st in my class, but would that matter? OFC NOT!

All the praise should always go to that bich of a fuuck who doesn't give a damn about grades and thinks the teacher as their mother or bff or something.

The teachers in my school themselves increase competition. They literally command us to have a competition among our classmates regarding our grades WHICH IS UNHEALTHY FOR A TEEN'S MIND OKAY?

The facilities are worse than a sewage system. The buses dont have a fuucking A/C (our school is the 6th most expensive school in the city or something) and I can't stand it. So, now I walk to home.

The teachers pay more attention to "projects" rather than actually feeding some wisdom in our brains.

This school is just about competition, boys, and favourite students.

I'm changing it next year, I've had a talk with my mom.

God, I will take the revenge.

Castiel.

Castiel.
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Joined Oct 25, 2010
  • 180 rep

Yes, give me more homework when I'm on the edge of a mental breakdown. Just do it, don't think about my mental health. I REALLY NEED ONE FUCKING WEEKEND TO RELAX.

Mommys Little Nightmare 14

• Little One

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Joined Jan 20, 2014
  • 9 rep
I hate my history teacher. That's all I'm gonna say cause I don't want to get mad thinking about her. But out math program is retarded. We do this computer program called Aleks. We basically have to teach math to ourselves. If we don't understand the directions the computer we are basically screwed because, we don't have actual math teachers. For example my "teacher" is the dance teacher. And for tutoring we go to the computer lab and just work some more. So more then half of the kids in my school are failing algebra. Some kids even planned a sit in because everyone hates it.

Eva

Eva
  • Teenage Anarchist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,700 posts
  • Joined Jun 09, 2011
  • 3,758 rep

I hate my history teacher. That's all I'm gonna say cause I don't want to get mad thinking about her. But out math program is retarded. We do this computer program called Aleks. We basically have to teach math to ourselves. If we don't understand the directions the computer we are basically screwed because, we don't have actual math teachers. For example my "teacher" is the dance teacher. And for tutoring we go to the computer lab and just work some more. So more then half of the kids in my school are failing algebra. Some kids even planned a sit in because everyone hates it.

OH MY GOD. We used in Aleks in middle school and it was horrible. I don't know who thought giving an ADHD child a computer and telling them to learn math on their own was a good idea because I scraped by with a C for all three years. I completed maybe one of the pies (y'know, the ones that give you the subjects where you pick problems from and shit?). I had to get a math tutor in 8th grade because of it and took private math instruction for two and a half years.

Literally the only advice I have for you is if there's any way you can get a tutor who will work with you on paper or something, do it or it'll be a nightmare.

beejeezee

beejeezee
  • Billie Joe's Bitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,643 posts
  • Joined Nov 29, 2010
  • 4,841 rep

Yes, give me more homework when I'm on the edge of a mental breakdown. Just do it, don't think about my mental health. I REALLY NEED ONE FUCKING WEEKEND TO RELAX.

God I feel you. Mentally I can not deal with this school bullshit right now and it just keeps piling up.

• Little One

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Joined Jan 20, 2014
  • 9 rep

OH MY GOD. We used in Aleks in middle school and it was horrible. I don't know who thought giving an ADHD child a computer and telling them to learn math on their own was a good idea because I scraped by with a C for all three years. I completed maybe one of the pies (y'know, the ones that give you the subjects where you pick problems from and shit?). I had to get a math tutor in 8th grade because of it and took private math instruction for two and a half years.

Literally the only advice I have for you is if there's any way you can get a tutor who will work with you on paper or something, do it or it'll be a nightmare.

I know I can't learn math on my own I already have issues focusing and thanks for the advice. I have to go to summer school for algebra and is I don't pass it then I don't get a credit. So I guess I'll ask one if my friends for help or talk to my parent about hurting help from a tutor.

Edited by Mommys Little Nightmare 14, 26 March 2014 - 08:40 PM.

Eva

Eva
  • Teenage Anarchist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,700 posts
  • Joined Jun 09, 2011
  • 3,758 rep

I know I can't learn math on my own I already have issues focusing and thanks for the advice. I have to go to summer school for algebra and is I don't pass it then I don't get a credit. So I guess I'll ask one if my friends for help or talk to my parent about hurting help from a tutor.

Oh summer school...I had to go to summer school last year for Geometry. Good luck. It's a bit of a zoo in there. Or, at least, it was in my summer school class. 

beejeezee

beejeezee
  • Billie Joe's Bitch

• 12,643 posts
  • Joined Nov 29, 2010
  • 4,841 rep
I literally did almost no schoolwork today. :lol:

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • okily dokily

• 12,395 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 3,552 rep

I'm supposed to be writing this literature review, basically just a review of this theory I've been looking at. So my first paragraph is just an overview of the theory, briefly explaining what the theory says and shit like that. But I'm stuck on my concluding sentence. How do I conclude that to move onto the next paragraph? My next paragraph is about how the theory came about, but the last sentence of my first paragraph is all about what "psychosocial" means. No idea how to link the two, or how to summarise a paragraph that's really just providing a definition of the theory

Oxymore

Oxymore
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,208 posts
  • Joined Sep 17, 2013
  • 1,979 rep

Okay so I just fucked up my oral homework about GMOs because it's too LONG. Like, I can't even send them the file. I'm really mad, because I suck at oral and I recorded it like 10 times before it's finally good :(

Dirntbag

Dirntbag
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,372 posts
  • Joined Jan 15, 2012
  • 1,944 rep

I can't bring myself to keep going on this paper... It's a combination of zero motivation and not exactly knowing how to go about the task.

Sofouska

Sofouska
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts
  • Joined Aug 13, 2010
  • 568 rep

Oh I'm not going to study during the holidays even though I have to, even though I should :mellow: I just can't. I can barely concentrate, I've been studying very hard this year and I'm going to study as hard during the summer, and next year is going to be like hell, for me, for every student my age (panhellenic exams ftw) so really.

I'm not going to study during the Easter holidays.

BJA TC MD

BJA TC MD
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,371 posts
  • Joined Aug 07, 2011
  • 734 rep
Well my 2 week holidays just started and I have a lot of work. It's really annoying since I had tests up til the last week of term so I've barely rested. At least I can catch up on sleep.

Dirntbag

Dirntbag
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,372 posts
  • Joined Jan 15, 2012
  • 1,944 rep

Oh I'm not going to study during the holidays even though I have to, even though I should :mellow: I just can't. I can barely concentrate, I've been studying very hard this year and I'm going to study as hard during the summer, and next year is going to be like hell, for me, for every student my age (panhellenic exams ftw) so really.

I'm not going to study during the Easter holidays.

Well my 2 week holidays just started and I have a lot of work. It's really annoying since I had tests up til the last week of term so I've barely rested. At least I can catch up on sleep.

Teachers giving work over the break is just not fair at all... You've been doing work for the entire school year. Breaks have a purpose! It really annoys me when teachers do this. Just make everything due before break, and then give people extensions over it if they really need it. That way it's not hanging over their heads at times they should be enjoying.  :dry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users