AFI - A FIRE INSIDE

tigress

Oh please describe his impression. :lol:

He was denomstrating what he imagined Davey would sound like during sex. There were a lot of OH!'s. I nearly died from laughing so hard.

• Like 1

24HrRevengeTherapy

"The Art of Drowning" is an album I can listen to over and over and over and over again and never get sick of. They were my favorite band in high school and I was completely obsessed with them. I still like them a lot, but I don't worship at the altar of Davey Havok like I used to! :P

Oh, and a few nights ago, I dreamed that Davey was giving me a make-up and that Jade was commenting on it. It was quite strange.

Edited by 24HrRevengeTherapy

kellista

I just started listening to AFI. Right now I'm loving Miss Murder and Dancing Through Sunday. Are there any other treasures I'm missing? (I'm sure there's a ton!)

Mato

I think you should go from their first record to the last one. It's the best way to see how they evolved, and what they are all about.

These are some of my favortes:

I Wanna Get A Mohawk, Cereal Wars, Cruise Control, Morningstar, The Nephilim, Rizzo In The Box, The Checkered Demon, I Am Trying Very Hard To Be Here, Porphyria Cutanea Tarda, The Last Kiss, Dancing Through Sunday, Death Of Seasons, 37mm, The Killing Lights, Affliction, Fainting Spells, The Despair Factor, Kill Caustic... well, I could easily list all of their songs here haha

It makes me really sad that Davey doesn't really like old AFI songs anymore; we'll probably never hear them live again :(

• Like 1

alaniluau

I think you should go from their first record to the last one. It's the best way to see how they evolved, and what they are all about.

These are some of my favortes:

I Wanna Get A Mohawk, Cereal Wars, Cruise Control, Morningstar, The Nephilim, Rizzo In The Box, The Checkered Demon, I Am Trying Very Hard To Be Here, Porphyria Cutanea Tarda, The Last Kiss, Dancing Through Sunday, Death Of Seasons, 37mm, The Killing Lights, Affliction, Fainting Spells, The Despair Factor, Kill Caustic... well, I could easily list all of their songs here haha

It makes me really sad that Davey doesn't really like old AFI songs anymore; we'll probably never hear them live again :(

I like your list. Mine would also include Malleus Maleficarum and 6 to 8. And I know, why does Davey have to break our hearts like that? :( It's not my fault I wasn't going to old school AFI shows when I was in diapers.

tigress

I like your list. Mine would also include Malleus Maleficarum and 6 to 8. And I know, why does Davey have to break our hearts like that? :( It's not my fault I wasn't going to old school AFI shows when I was in diapers.

Way to make me feel old, babe. :P

petros

Also let's not forget Silver and Cold and God Called in Sick Today these songs are beautiful!

tigress

Transference! One of all my all time favorites.

NothingButYourImagination

And Totalimmortal! Hell, the whole All Hallows EP is totally awesome.

tigress

^ Yes! I bust that out quite often, actually. Rabbits are Roadkill on Route 37 is my jam.

alaniluau

And Totalimmortal! Hell, the whole All Hallows EP is totally awesome.

When I was trying desperately to save my iPod, it would only sync two songs before crashing. Since the All Hallows EP was first alphabetically, I listened to a damn lot of Fall Children and Halloween.

tigress

When I was trying desperately to save my iPod, it would only sync two songs before crashing. Since the All Hallows EP was first alphabetically, I listened to a damn lot of Fall Children and Halloween.

I can't listen to those songs without thinking of you. :lol:

24HrRevengeTherapy

Same. I was 11-12 the last time they released something on Nitro. :P I'd love it if someone would invent a time machine already so I could go back to that era of their career and see them...or back to the STS era even. STS was awesome. Oh, and a lot of bands have been doing old stuff tours or anniversary ones lately - Weezer, The Offspring, Strung Out... And pretty soon, New Found Glory, The Starting Line, and Sum 41 are gonna do it too. Maybe AFI should consider it. :D

As far as DU and Crash Love are concerned, with both records I really like about half the songs and then think the other half are just okay or boring. But I can just be ridiculously picky sometimes, so that may be it, heh.

Edited by 24HrRevengeTherapy

Malleus

Now that BBH is out, I hope they start caring about AFI again.

Yeah, the band formed a year before I was even born! :lol: It would have been awesome to have been around during the Gilman and the Nitro days when they were just kids.

tigress

I first saw them in 1995, so you all make me feel old. :lol:

tigress

Hunter updated his VYou. Yay! :happy:

Hunter updated his VYou. Yay! :happy:

I saw that and immediately thought of telling you. :lol: I love the way he answers questions on there, never fails to make me laugh.

AmberXONicole

Narrative will always be my favorite song.

renjachu

Yay AFI fans! :hug: My personal favorite is Silver and Cold. I get sad when I listen to them cause I have NEVER seen them live before. lol

I saw Blaqk Audio last week in SJ (AMAZING btw), but it just wasn't the same....

alaniluau

Yay AFI fans! :hug: My personal favorite is Silver and Cold. I get sad when I listen to them cause I have NEVER seen them live before. lol

I saw Blaqk Audio last week in SJ (AMAZING btw), but it just wasn't the same....

Welcome to the cool kids' thread! You're so lucky you got to see BA. :D I didn't catch them on this past tour, but I saw them once and had a marvelous time. But it's definitely a different beast from AFI.

Bittersweet Migraine

I love love love Bleed Black.

renjachu

Welcome to the cool kids' thread! You're so lucky you got to see BA. :D I didn't catch them on this past tour, but I saw them once and had a marvelous time. But it's definitely a different beast from AFI.

hehehe Yay! I love cool kids! :toocool:

I've been having all these AFI feels after seeing BA. haha And congrats to the newlyweds~!!

Jack [DF]

I love love love Bleed Black.

That and Celluloid are tied for most emotional/best/most beautiful song on STS, in my opinion. Though that scream at the end of Leaving II is the peak, in my opinion. I love the intensity, the emotions, the rawness, the controlled cacophony of the guitar feedback behind it...

Sing the Sorrow is my favorite album ever, I have some feels, don't judge me.