Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
The results of the Bobo Awards are now available here! Didn't get to vote? Go support our boys by voting for them here. I know we can beat Paramore this time.

Photo

AFI - A FIRE INSIDE

• Please log in to reply
339 replies to this topic

Tre's Busted Drumkit

Tre's Busted Drumkit
  • "ben's actually a giant teddy bear" -Lone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,808 posts
  • Joined Feb 25, 2010
  • 4,646 rep
I typed in all caps because I feel it would make Davey Havok proud.

Replaces:
http://www.greendayc.../19447-afi-afi/
  • tigress likes this

tigress

tigress
  • FuckMyLife666

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • Joined Mar 03, 2006
  • 2,389 rep
This thread needs posts, and we need a new AFI album.

NothingButYourImagination

• Hopeless Romantic

• 2,246 posts
  • Joined Jul 26, 2009
  • 647 rep
Yes, yes we do. With BA finally getting BBH out this autumn and touring, that opens up the time to start working on new AFI afterwards. It would be fantastic if an album could be out in 2013, but I kinda feel that we may have to wait as late as 2014. Idk, it's really hard to tell.

But, did ya'll see that Marissa had her bridal shower recently?! So it seems like her and Jade could be getting married soon. :runaround:

alaniluau

alaniluau
  • Like Every Other American

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,615 posts
  • Joined Jun 26, 2009
  • 1,183 rep

But, did ya'll see that Marissa had her bridal shower recently?! So it seems like her and Jade could be getting married soon. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

I can hardly stand the joy.

I'm curious what AFI will do after the BBH era ends. We'll have to keep our ears open to see if Davey and Jade mention that other little band of theirs during Blaqk Audio interviews.
  • tigress likes this

tigress

tigress
  • FuckMyLife666

• 3,918 posts
  • Joined Mar 03, 2006
  • 2,389 rep
Las Gatas Beach Club. Now.

Heather!

Heather!
  • decaying organic matter

• 8,802 posts
  • Joined Feb 03, 2006
  • 407 rep
I've always been a fan of Sing The Sorrow but it's taken me forever to really get into their older stuff. They're a really great band, though. I was feeling sort of 'meh' before they opened for Green Day on the last tour but after seeing them I was really impressed. and this summer I got to see Hunter play on tour with Matt Skiba which was just awesome.

Trotsky

Trotsky
  • I sought my image in the scorching glass

• 29,336 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 7,525 rep
Art of Drowning, Sing the Sorrow, and Decemberunderground I like. I really don't have any interest in their most recent stuff, and their older work is really not my style either.

• Hopeless Romantic

• 2,246 posts
  • Joined Jul 26, 2009
  • 647 rep
Rumor has it that Jade & Marissa's wedding is tomorrow! :runaround:

• Hopeless Romantic

• 2,246 posts
  • Joined Jul 26, 2009
  • 647 rep
Update: Turns out that Fritch is getting married in Napa today! :happy: So congrats to him and his new wife!

anniewoo

anniewoo
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Joined Mar 28, 2006
  • 19 rep
i love this band :) just everything about them... while there older stuff is more punkrock they've definately adapted their own unique sound.

tigress

tigress
  • FuckMyLife666

• 3,918 posts
  • Joined Mar 03, 2006
  • 2,389 rep
I'm afraid another summer is going to pass without the Las Gatas Beach Club album. :(

tigress

tigress
  • FuckMyLife666

• 3,918 posts
  • Joined Mar 03, 2006
  • 2,389 rep
Hunter joined Cold Cave, so maybe LGBC will finally see the light of day next summer. *sniff*

tigress

tigress
  • FuckMyLife666

• 3,918 posts
  • Joined Mar 03, 2006
  • 2,389 rep
My dear friend was doing the most hilarious Davey impression tonight, and it made me think of how much I miss these guys. I want them back. :(

Wow, I posted 3 times in a row. /lame

Supa Hot Fire

Supa Hot Fire
  • Supa Hot

• 3,353 posts
  • Joined Sep 04, 2009
  • 2,502 rep
I'll post just so if you want to post again you won't think it's the fourth time :P
  • tigress likes this

Shoot That Fucker Down

Shoot That Fucker Down
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts
  • Joined Oct 03, 2005
  • 660 rep
Just an FYI, Decemberunderground is one of my fave albums of all time.
  • tigress likes this

Advertising

tigress

tigress
  • FuckMyLife666

• 3,918 posts
  • Joined Mar 03, 2006
  • 2,389 rep

Just an FYI, Decemberunderground is one of my fave albums of all time.

I didn't know you liked AFI. *high five* It really is a masterpiece.
  • Shoot That Fucker Down likes this

Shoot That Fucker Down

Shoot That Fucker Down
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts
  • Joined Oct 03, 2005
  • 660 rep

I didn't know you liked AFI. *high five* It really is a masterpiece.

1. If you don't rock out to Days of the Phoenix, something is broken in your soul
2. Decemberunderground is, in my opinion, a flawless album. Very rare and uncommonly found.
  • tigress, Anja and NothingButYourImagination like this

Supa Hot Fire

Supa Hot Fire
  • Supa Hot

• 3,353 posts
  • Joined Sep 04, 2009
  • 2,502 rep
I think I'm actually one of the few people who really like Crash Love.When I started listening to AFI it was my favorite album.

Shoot That Fucker Down

Shoot That Fucker Down
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts
  • Joined Oct 03, 2005
  • 660 rep
I couldn't get into Crash Love. It just sort of felt like they weren't sure what to do with themselves, so they just slapped some songs together and called it a record.

Worse records have certainly been made, but it didn't feel like it had much heart. At least not in comparison to it's predecessors.

tigress

tigress
  • FuckMyLife666

• 3,918 posts
  • Joined Mar 03, 2006
  • 2,389 rep

1. If you don't rock out to Days of the Phoenix, something is broken in your soul

I couldn't agree more. You get another high five.

I think I'm actually one of the few people who really like Crash Love.When I started listening to AFI it was my favorite album.

I like CL, I just don't love it. It's my least favorite album of theirs, but it's still a great album when you compare it to a lot of other shit out there. Plus it's always different when you are comparing a band you love against themselves, the bar is already set so high.

alaniluau

alaniluau

• 4,615 posts
  • Joined Jun 26, 2009
  • 1,183 rep

I'm a Crash Love apologist all the way. I have an emotional connection with it, probably because I first saw the guys on the Crash Love tour. Jade's guitar work is masterful, and the lyrics on stuff like End Transmission are exquisite.

Supa Hot Fire

Supa Hot Fire
  • Supa Hot

• 3,353 posts
  • Joined Sep 04, 2009
  • 2,502 rep

I'm a Crash Love apologist all the way. I have an emotional connection with it, probably because I first saw the guys on the Crash Love tour. Jade's guitar work is masterful, and the lyrics on stuff like End Transmission are exquisite.

Although my favorite tracks from the record are the bonus tracks and most of them were recorded for decemberunderground I think.

• Hopeless Romantic

• 2,246 posts
  • Joined Jul 26, 2009
  • 647 rep

My dear friend was doing the most hilarious Davey impression tonight, and it made me think of how much I miss these guys. I want them back. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

Oh please describe his impression. :lol:
Yes, its been too long. Its good to know that after Blaqk Audio's tour is done, Davey and Jade want to focus back on AFI.

I kinda have love\hate feelings towards Crash Love. I do agree with your opinion being that you like it but don't love it; I'm in the same boat. "Okay, I Feel Better Now" and "It Was Mine" to me felt like the only songs with any substance\emotion to them upon my first few listens. I still think that the B-sides could've easily fit into the album better than some of the songs on there.

alaniluau

alaniluau

• 4,615 posts
  • Joined Jun 26, 2009
  • 1,183 rep

Although my favorite tracks from the record are the bonus tracks and most of them were recorded for decemberunderground I think.

Yeah, I think the album would've been better if the bonus tracks had replaced some of the weaker songs. 100 Words, which is from Sing the Sorrow, is my favorite.

Supa Hot Fire

Supa Hot Fire
  • Supa Hot

• 3,353 posts
  • Joined Sep 04, 2009
  • 2,502 rep

Yeah, I think the album would've been better if the bonus tracks had replaced some of the weaker songs. 100 Words, which is from Sing the Sorrow, is my favorite.

100 Words is absolutely wonderful!I didn't know it was from the Sing the Sorrow...
God I haven't listened to AFI for ages.I really need to listen to Crash Love all the way from front to back one of these days I always loved to do that...

tigress

tigress
  • FuckMyLife666

• 3,918 posts
  • Joined Mar 03, 2006
  • 2,389 rep

Oh please describe his impression. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

He was denomstrating what he imagined Davey would sound like during sex. There were a lot of OH!'s. I nearly died from laughing so hard.
  • NothingButYourImagination likes this

• Hopeless Romantic

• 2,246 posts
  • Joined Jul 26, 2009
  • 647 rep
I thought that this was an interesting combo: http://www.altpress....peche_mode_klas

24HrRevengeTherapy

24HrRevengeTherapy
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Joined Nov 18, 2011
  • 10 rep
"The Art of Drowning" is an album I can listen to over and over and over and over again and never get sick of. They were my favorite band in high school and I was completely obsessed with them. I still like them a lot, but I don't worship at the altar of Davey Havok like I used to! :P

Oh, and a few nights ago, I dreamed that Davey was giving me a make-up and that Jade was commenting on it. It was quite strange.

Edited by 24HrRevengeTherapy, 15 September 2012 - 05:42 PM.

kellista

kellista
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Joined Apr 16, 2011
  • 320 rep
I just started listening to AFI. Right now I'm loving Miss Murder and Dancing Through Sunday. Are there any other treasures I'm missing? (I'm sure there's a ton!)

Mato

Mato
  • Rockabilly Riot

• 5,773 posts
  • Joined Aug 28, 2007
  • 261 rep
I think you should go from their first record to the last one. It's the best way to see how they evolved, and what they are all about.
These are some of my favortes:
I Wanna Get A Mohawk, Cereal Wars, Cruise Control, Morningstar, The Nephilim, Rizzo In The Box, The Checkered Demon, I Am Trying Very Hard To Be Here, Porphyria Cutanea Tarda, The Last Kiss, Dancing Through Sunday, Death Of Seasons, 37mm, The Killing Lights, Affliction, Fainting Spells, The Despair Factor, Kill Caustic... well, I could easily list all of their songs here haha

It makes me really sad that Davey doesn't really like old AFI songs anymore; we'll probably never hear them live again :(
  • NothingButYourImagination likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users