Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What Are You Reading At The Moment?

* * * * - 4 votes Book

• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

Eva

Eva
  • Rebel Without a Car

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,127 posts
  • Joined Jun 09, 2011
  • 4,456 rep

I'm reading Hairy Pothead and the Marijuana Stone (thanks for the suggestion btw Ceadog) and I must say it's the best book I've read in a while! Holy hell it's great
Sounds great! I'll check it out, I love WWII and lesbians, sounds very interesting :P also, How'd you like Huck Finn? That was a great book! I need to get around to rereading it

I loved Huck Finn actually! All my friends said it would be boring and horrible to read but I read it in two or three days so. :P It's not a classic for nothing, y'know? I like it a lot more than Tom Sawyer, most 'cause I think Tom Sawyer is an insufferable dick haha. Huck Finn is the cool one.
  • Todd likes this

Dirntbag

Dirntbag
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,916 posts
  • Joined Jan 15, 2012
  • 2,604 rep

We have a lot of John Grisham novels in my house apparently, so I just finished reading The Firm and now I'm reading The Client. Not the most exciting writing, but pretty cool stories.

Vesper

Vesper
  • Outlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,009 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,627 rep
Got bored of reading A Dance With Dragons for now, will go back to it soon I guess. Moving onto One Hundred Years Of Solitude by Marquez

Sauli

Sauli
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • Joined May 24, 2014
  • 755 rep
Oh I just finished two books. Rather predictable choises I guess but I've been lately consciously going trough some books that are considered to be classics so whatever.

Orwell's Nineteen eightyfour was depressing as hell but very thought-provoking honestly.
And then Wuthering Heights really made an impression on me. I dunno. Though sometimes I found Josephs thick Yorkshire hard to understand but usually I got the meaning mostly. I guess.

Right now, I'm reading Agatha Christie's Poirot books and they are less challenging material or at least less thought-provoking so thats just fine. Though I'm surprised how easy Wuthering Heights especially was to read.

Also, I have read the first 40 pages of the Great Gatsby and I plan to continue anytime soon...
And I'll read the Heart Is a Lonely Hunter when I get a copy (which hopefully should happen soon.)

Though I guess that since school begins next Wednesday I won't be able to read as much as I do now.

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 314 rep

Orwell's Nineteen eightyfour was depressing as hell but very thought-provoking honestly.

I was going to read that, but I couldn't find it so I'm starting Brave New World instead.

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 18,025 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,886 rep

51tVpwx48ZL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Sarasaurus

Sarasaurus
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Joined Oct 20, 2012
  • 365 rep

Darren Shan's Zom-B Underground. 

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton
  • Head of Tom's legal council

• 18,613 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,707 rep

I'm attempting to read Game of Thrones because it's the first book I picked up last night. We'll see how this goes.

Z J

Z J
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
  • Joined Apr 08, 2013
  • 1,323 rep

Just recently began reading Malazan Book of the Fallen on my Kindle, very cool thus far. 

Nemo.

Nemo.
  • Unterm Tisch... sind die Füße.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,162 posts
  • Joined Jul 08, 2011
  • 1,878 rep

Great Expectations - Charles Dickens

love it so far :)

CristhyneS

CristhyneS
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,649 posts
  • Joined Sep 07, 2005
  • 1,030 rep

A Dance with Dragons (5th book of the A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones series).

I'm currently half way through the book and loving it, as I loved the other 4 before it. 

Got bored of reading A Dance With Dragons for now, will go back to it soon I guess. Moving onto One Hundred Years Of Solitude by Marquez

One Hundred Years of Solicitude is one of my favourite books of all times! I hope you enjoy it too! Let me know what you think of it. :)

I'm attempting to read Game of Thrones because it's the first book I picked up last night. We'll see how this goes.

I strongly advice you to stick with it! I wasn't too sure if I wanted to read the series or not, but I finally gave in to pear pressure, and for the first part of the first book I wasn't too sure what all the hype was about. Until I did. It had been soooo long before I had read anything half as good. Really great books. 

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton
  • Head of Tom's legal council

• 18,613 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,707 rep

A Dance with Dragons (5th book of the A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones series).

I'm currently half way through the book and loving it, as I loved the other 4 before it. 

One Hundred Years of Solicitude is one of my favourite books of all times! I hope you enjoy it too! Let me know what you think of it. :)

I strongly advice you to stick with it! I wasn't too sure if I wanted to read the series or not, but I finally gave in to pear pressure, and for the first part of the first book I wasn't too sure what all the hype was about. Until I did. It had been soooo long before I had read anything half as good. Really great books. 

You just encouraged me to get past page 20

CristhyneS

CristhyneS
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,649 posts
  • Joined Sep 07, 2005
  • 1,030 rep

You just encouraged me to get past page 20

I'm glad. It's really really worth it. And it just keeps getting better and better. 

Dirntbag

Dirntbag
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,916 posts
  • Joined Jan 15, 2012
  • 2,604 rep

Reading The Golden Compass at the moment. I heard my copy of American Psycho arrived yesterday though, so I don't know if I'll take a break from it to read that!

• SaintJimmy13 likes this

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 314 rep

Reading The Golden Compass at the moment. I heard my copy of American Psycho arrived yesterday though, so I don't know if I'll take a break from it to read that!

The Subtle Knife comes after it and it's much better. Northen Lights/Golden Compass is good, but Subtle Knife is better.

• Dirntbag likes this

Advertising

21guns&novacaine

21guns&novacaine
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Joined Apr 25, 2013
  • 15 rep
Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 18,025 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,886 rep

LiveFromNewYork.jpeg

I've already read the majority of the book, but I'm reading the re-released version with 200 or so more pages devoted to the show after 2002 when it was originally released.

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 314 rep

I just finished the Divergent trilogy. Decent, but trying too hard to be Hunger Games, and the religious overtone was annoyingly obvious.

BeachBum

BeachBum
  • Artistic Junkie

• 8,567 posts
  • Joined Jan 22, 2006
  • 4,295 rep

I just finished the Eargon series, and it is a really good series of books.  I was actually sad when it ended, cause i didn't want it to end.

Vesper

Vesper
  • Outlander

• 18,009 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,627 rep

Call of the Wild - Jack London

Dirntbag

Dirntbag
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,916 posts
  • Joined Jan 15, 2012
  • 2,604 rep

Reading A Streetcar Named Desire in English atm. It's pretty good, but the way the teacher is teaching it is ehhh at times.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Book

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users