Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What Are You Reading At The Moment?

* * * * - 4 votes Book

• Please log in to reply
489 replies to this topic

Eva

Eva
  • Rebel Without a Car

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,069 posts
  • Joined Jun 09, 2011
  • 4,395 rep

I'm reading Hairy Pothead and the Marijuana Stone (thanks for the suggestion btw Ceadog) and I must say it's the best book I've read in a while! Holy hell it's great
Sounds great! I'll check it out, I love WWII and lesbians, sounds very interesting :P also, How'd you like Huck Finn? That was a great book! I need to get around to rereading it

I loved Huck Finn actually! All my friends said it would be boring and horrible to read but I read it in two or three days so. :P It's not a classic for nothing, y'know? I like it a lot more than Tom Sawyer, most 'cause I think Tom Sawyer is an insufferable dick haha. Huck Finn is the cool one.
  • Todd likes this

Dirntbag

Dirntbag
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,834 posts
  • Joined Jan 15, 2012
  • 2,490 rep

We have a lot of John Grisham novels in my house apparently, so I just finished reading The Firm and now I'm reading The Client. Not the most exciting writing, but pretty cool stories.

Vesper

Vesper
  • Sand Snake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,955 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,579 rep
Got bored of reading A Dance With Dragons for now, will go back to it soon I guess. Moving onto One Hundred Years Of Solitude by Marquez

Sauli

Sauli
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Joined May 24, 2014
  • 644 rep
Oh I just finished two books. Rather predictable choises I guess but I've been lately consciously going trough some books that are considered to be classics so whatever.

Orwell's Nineteen eightyfour was depressing as hell but very thought-provoking honestly.
And then Wuthering Heights really made an impression on me. I dunno. Though sometimes I found Josephs thick Yorkshire hard to understand but usually I got the meaning mostly. I guess.

Right now, I'm reading Agatha Christie's Poirot books and they are less challenging material or at least less thought-provoking so thats just fine. Though I'm surprised how easy Wuthering Heights especially was to read.

Also, I have read the first 40 pages of the Great Gatsby and I plan to continue anytime soon...
And I'll read the Heart Is a Lonely Hunter when I get a copy (which hopefully should happen soon.)

Though I guess that since school begins next Wednesday I won't be able to read as much as I do now.

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 190 rep

Orwell's Nineteen eightyfour was depressing as hell but very thought-provoking honestly.

I was going to read that, but I couldn't find it so I'm starting Brave New World instead.

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 17,880 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,820 rep

51tVpwx48ZL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Sarasaurus

Sarasaurus
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Joined Oct 20, 2012
  • 365 rep

Darren Shan's Zom-B Underground. 

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton
  • Head of Tom's legal council

• 18,025 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,390 rep

I'm attempting to read Game of Thrones because it's the first book I picked up last night. We'll see how this goes.

Z J

Z J
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • Joined Apr 08, 2013
  • 1,244 rep

Just recently began reading Malazan Book of the Fallen on my Kindle, very cool thus far. 

Nemo.

Nemo.
  • Das ist doch nicht für Menschen.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts
  • Joined Jul 08, 2011
  • 1,861 rep

Great Expectations - Charles Dickens

love it so far :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Book

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users