Trotsky

What Are You Reading At The Moment?

Göta

Just started on Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan. Pretty funny so far.

Flitzpiepe

I've wanted to read this for such a long time! Would you recommend it?

Definitely! But I have to warn you. In the beginning it is so confusing with all those different Japanese names. You'll probably have to get in to it and then it should be okay. It's brutal but the different characters are so interesting written. They push you literally to the end of the story. Give it a try.

(Don't watch the movie before you read the book! The movie is so lousy...).

Bubbles.

I just finished reading Fifty Shades of Grey... It wasn't that great, it has just left me wanting to write fanfiction based on the book.

I'm onto the second book now (Fifty Shades Darker), hopefully they'll be better than the first book (probably not, though).

Chelsea831

Definitely! But I have to warn you. In the beginning it is so confusing with all those different Japanese names. You'll probably have to get in to it and then it should be okay. It's brutal but the different characters are so interesting written. They push you literally to the end of the story. Give it a try.

(Don't watch the movie before you read the book! The movie is so lousy...).

I don't think the names will be a problem for me. (I watch a ton of anime so I'm familiar with a lot of Japanese names already). Yeah, the movie just looks like it's meant to shock, not tell a true story. But either way, I know I'll eventually watch it.

ChelseaDagger

I just finished reading Fifty Shades of Grey... It wasn't that great, it has just left me wanting to write fanfiction based on the book.

I'm onto the second book now (Fifty Shades Darker), hopefully they'll be better than the first book (probably not, though).

I assure you, it does not get better. Although I felt the need to get through all three books too, once you've already committed to the first one.

Eponine

I assure you, it does not get better. Although I felt the need to get through all three books too, once you've already committed to the first one.

At least they're easy to plow through. No stylistic complexities or dark social themes to slow you down. :lol:

Nemo.

Firestarter by Stephen King

astroz0mbie

I'm in the middle of Lost on Planet China by Maarten Troost. It's excellent. :lol:

Dirntbag

I have a real problem with school books you are required to read. I had to read Animal Farm over the summer, and I mean great allegory and everything, but only in it's time. It seems sort of redundant now because everyone knows that it's representing the communist revolution. What made it even worse is that on the first day of school, the English teacher (who I presume put Animal Farm on the reading list) announced we would be reading it in class. I immediately said that everyone had already read it, but he refuses to listen and now we are picking it apart, paragraph by paragraphs and he's explaining every little metaphor to us. It's so mind numbingly boring, I want to shoot myself when I'm in English now.

So I guess you could say I'm reading Animal Farm, but in reality we are cutting it into tinier and tinier pieces with a scalpel.

Anyway, I couldn't deal with just Animal Farm for my daily dose of literature, so my mom recommended 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil' It's really good! It's sort of one of those books where the emphasis is on character development. Nothing much really happens, but you get so caught up in these character's stories you don't want to put it down. I haven't finished it yet, I'm about half way through.

Nemo.

A Clash of Kings - G.R.R martin

FoxyTwitch

The Opal Deception - Eoin Colfer. (I like kids' books, what can I say?)

• Like 1

Kayfabe

Anna Karenina. Tolstoy up in this motherfucker!

gloria123

Paper Towns by John Green

Dirty Rotten Bastard

A Clash of Kings - G.R.R martin

I'm on A Feast for Crows!!!!

Juicebox

we've started Macbeth in English class

cherrybomb

A Storm Of Swords, vol. 1.

(though I think George has mental problems, I can't stop reading his books)

ScreamsInSilence815

Finally reading Les Miserables after meaning to for the past year. I'm absolutely loving it.

Mar

Stephen Colbert's America Again: Re-Becoming the Greatness We Never Weren't

24HrRevengeTherapy

The Great and Secret Show by Clive Barker

Nemo.

The godfather

Kaddi.

I'll start Redemption by Jussi Adler Olsen tonight. :) Just finished Disgrace and can't wait to continue reading the series.

Artificial Idiot

Janis Joplin: Buried Alive by Myra Friedman

Guest MadeInRatCity

Stephen King - The Ten O'Clock People

Nemo.

last night i dreamed of peace by dang thuy tram

Chelsea831

I just started JK Rowling's The Casual Vacancy. I know it's entirely different than Harry Potter, but I'm excited none the less. I just love her writing style.