Welcome to Green Day Community

Hey Green Day fans! Join our community now, totally free, to talk with other Green Day fans from around the world about everything going on with the band. Talk about the current tour, current news, speculation, and we have general topics to talk about current events, life, anything that's on your mind. It's a little corner of the internet where Green Day fans can come together. Join us!

Trotsky

What Are You Reading At The Moment?

863 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Libertine Angel said:

Whatever you do, don't read Cursed Child.

Yeah, I heard it's not that great unfortunately. I might read a Stephen King book next, or a book about how Ancient Rome collapsed... 

1 person likes this

14889679.jpg

I'm almost finished with The Disaster Artist by Greg Sestero. It's funny, but bits of it are also sad. 

1 person likes this

@Mar this looks interesting??

A farewell to arms by Ernest Hemingway. It's alright, but I'm not sure I really understand why the two protagonists are in love in the way they are...

On 6/6/2017 at 6:10 PM, Tinkle said:

@Mar this looks interesting??

It is! It's about Charles Cullen, who may be the most prolific serial killer in American history. SOOOOO, not exactly the greatest book for someone who has a vulnerable dad in these facilities (and a badger mom who makes enemies of the staff) :lol: but it's fascinating. My dad read it a couple of years ago and Sword and Scale has an episode on him where they interview the author so it had been on my list for a while.

1 person likes this

ANOTHER, 

I just finished this book the other day called 'Love Letters to the Dead' and I was pleasantly surprised.

It's about this girl who gets a school assignment to write a letter to a dead person, so she writes musicians and celebrities like Kurt Cobain, Amy Winehouse, Janis Joplin, Judy Garland, etc, and slowly throughout the course of the book, tells them about how she accidently caused her older sister's death. The ending had me bawling, mostly because the story hit so close to home. My sister isn't dead, but the way things ended between us feels like it. 

Really good book! I highly recommend it! 

Love_Letters_To_The_Dead.jpg

1 person likes this

Animal Farm, by George Orwell. I'm about 15 pages in, and already fascinated by it :wub: 

1 person likes this

1984, because I thought I probably should and it's actually freaking me out. We're doomed. DOOMED.

1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, emmericanidiot said:

1984, because I thought I probably should and it's actually freaking me out. We're doomed. DOOMED.

I love that book, unsettling as it is.

1 hour ago, Libertine Angel said:

I love that book, unsettling as it is.

I'm only about a third of the way through and it's already a bit too similar to real life for my liking

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, emmericanidiot said:

I'm only about a third of the way through and it's already a bit too similar to real life for my liking

Yeah, I read it for the first time last summer and had a similar thought. Genius, but definitely not meant to be a fucking instruction manual.