Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Bands that just kinda all-around suck balls

• Please log in to reply
1199 replies to this topic

thatdude03

thatdude03
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Joined Apr 21, 2008
  • 189 rep

Deftones.  Breaking Benjamin.  Led Zeppelin. Van Halan.  KISS.  I basically like every rock band that ever except for these guys.  

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,698 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 18,117 rep

Led Zeppelin.

I don't know how I possibly couldn't, considering IV is one of my favourite albums of all time :D

Bonham, along with Keith Moon, pretty much invented 90% of rock drumming styles. Jimmy Page is quite rightly regarded as one of the greatest guitar players ever. He's written more classic riffs than AC/DC. John Paul Jones is an incredibly underrated bassist. And while Plant's lyrics were questionable, he had an incredible charisma and powerful vocal delivery. 

It's okay to say you don't like Led Zeppelin. But it's not okay to say they suck. Because they pretty much created rock music.

• fukingcounterstrike, Todd, Darth Praxus and 1 other like this

thatdude03

thatdude03
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Joined Apr 21, 2008
  • 189 rep

I didn't say they sucked.  I said "I don't like them".  So yeah.  

ifmemoryserves

ifmemoryserves
  • 23,970 posts
  • Joined Feb 27, 2006
  • 1,472 rep

POPULAR

I didn't say they sucked.  I said "I don't like them".  So yeah.

well the thread title is "bands that just kinda all-around suck balls" so
  • Todd, Céadóg, Darth Praxus and 3 others like this

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • Akshat Jain's Comma Dealer

• 11,342 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 11,277 rep

Deftones.  Breaking Benjamin.  Led Zeppelin. Van Halan.  KISS.  I basically like every rock band that ever except for these guys.  

Every rock band ever? That sure is a lot of bands.

• thatdude03 and Lady Darkling like this

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 16,698 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 18,117 rep

POPULAR

Every rock band ever? That sure is a lot of bands.

He's inadvertently just admitted to liking Creed and Nickelback.

• ifmemoryserves, missminority182, Todd and 6 others like this

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 11,342 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 11,277 rep

00602498629994_640x480_01.jpg

• Céadóg and scwk0511 like this

Darth Praxus

Darth Praxus
  • Blasphemy Chickenstrips

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts
  • Joined Sep 27, 2012
  • 2,833 rep

I would argue that it was equally The Who and Zeppelin that created rock music, not just the latter (as you noted in your tribute to the drummers), but otherwise well done, sir. :wub:

• Todd likes this

Mega Man

Mega Man
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Joined Nov 15, 2009
  • 42 rep

Sure enough, BrokenCYDE has been mentioned here (with the exact same video I was about to reference, as well). I used to hate them back then, but now, I can only laugh when I listen any of their songs.

Also, Flying Lizards don't do it for me. Say what you will, but "experimental" is usually just an excuse for a band that isn't very keep on musical concepts (see the Shaggs). Plus, they pretty much desecrated Barrett Strong's masterpiece.

Travis.

Travis.
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Joined Feb 23, 2014
  • 169 rep

HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE THIS? 

Spoiler

thatdude03

thatdude03
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Joined Apr 21, 2008
  • 189 rep

....I used to like both of them.  Creed had a few good songs, Nickelback did as well.  Now Creed is gone, and Nickelback releases 14 singles from each album, all of which sound exactly the same, only with dumber lyrics as the years go by.  But yes, I'd take Creed over Breaking Benjamin or KISS any day.    

I would argue that it was equally The Who and Zeppelin that created rock music, not just the latter (as you noted in your tribute to the drummers), but otherwise well done, sir. :wub:

The Who are AMAZING.  Love the Who.  

MaxPez

MaxPez
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined May 04, 2014
  • 1 rep

Deftones?! Why oh why?!

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 16,698 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 18,117 rep

Deftones?! Why oh why?!

Because every song has sludgy guitars and droning vocals? I mean, that's fine for an album, but it gets old fast.

wood

wood
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014
  • 373 rep

If "Rollin'" and "Break Stuff" don't pump up your kicks then you're lying to yourself.

thatdude03

thatdude03
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Joined Apr 21, 2008
  • 189 rep

Deftones?! Why oh why?!

Their music bores me.  

Advertising

kaylubd

kaylubd
  • Resident Bellamy Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,195 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2012
  • 2,419 rep

Because every song has sludgy guitars and droning vocals? I mean, that's fine for an album, but it gets old fast.

I can see that. I like them all right, but that's probably why I can't make it through one of their albums. It all starts running together after a while.

Jean

Jean
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Joined Dec 01, 2012
  • 3,793 rep

Twenty-one Pilots

• EastCaitlinNowhere likes this

MaxPez

MaxPez
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined May 04, 2014
  • 1 rep

Have you listened to much of them or are you basing this off of one album? They really change their sound up from album to album, in my opinion.

Their music bores me.  

To each their own, but I think they've put out some absolutely phenomenal material.

Edited by MaxPez, 12 May 2014 - 02:00 PM.

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 16,698 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 18,117 rep

Have you listened to much of them or are you basing this off of one album? They really change their sound up from album to album, in my opinion.

I'm basing it off the 5 or 6 singles I've heard from various albums of theirs. Everything sounds the same. Either they're not very imaginative or they made awful single choices.

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 11,342 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 11,277 rep

I'm basing it off the 5 or 6 singles I've heard from various albums of theirs. Everything sounds the same. Either they're not very imaginative or they made awful single choices.

Don't you know their bassist died? You must respect and adore them  :mad:

• thatdude03 likes this

Purple Haze

Purple Haze
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Joined Jan 31, 2014
  • 63 rep

In fairness to Creed, once they got rid of Stapp, recruited Myles kennedy and became Alter Bridge, they became a very good rock band. I think it was Stapp's religious power ballads that ruined Creed.

Deftones?! Why oh why?!

Probably because every song is dissonant shite for those with psychopathic tendencies.

• Not Anyone. likes this

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 16,698 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 18,117 rep

Oh yeah, that reminds me. Alter Bridge.

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 11,342 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 11,277 rep

In fairness to Creed, once they got rid of Stapp, recruited Myles kennedy and became Alter Bridge, they became a very good rock band. I think it was Stapp's religious power ballads that ruined Creed.

Probably because every song is dissonant shite for those with psychopathic tendencies.

I like you.

Todd

Todd
  • Sweet and Sour Children

• 11,518 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 5,127 rep

Looks like someone needs to "take him higher" lol

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 11,342 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 11,277 rep

Y'know, I don't know why but since our Paramore conversation I've gone back and listened to the latest album a couple of tracks at a time, and it have to admit there are a couple of gems on there. I'm in love with Daydreaming and the bassline of Ain't It Fun is fucking epic. I stand by my opinion that it's by far and away their worst album to date, and songs like Anklebiters are downright inexcusable, but the better songs on it stand up to their old stuff. I guess the lack of consistency managed to put me off the whole album, but in isolation a few of the songs are pretty good. Part II is interesting, I thought it came across as a cool tribute to Let The Flames Begin without it just seeming like they'd run out of ideas. Jeremy really seems to have come on as a bassist, and obviously Hayley's voice is still the best there is. I just wish they'd find a drummer, it's just weird to have a guitarist, bassist and singer and call that a band, but maybe that's just me.
  • ifmemoryserves likes this

KarlyLovesGD

KarlyLovesGD
  • Meyohimeyoi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts
  • Joined Jun 17, 2011
  • 2,892 rep

I just wish they'd find a drummer, it's just weird to have a guitarist, bassist and singer and call that a band, but maybe that's just me.

MCR had the same issue, so would it also be weird calling them a band? (ignoring the fact that they split up obviously)

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.

• 11,342 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 11,277 rep

MCR had the same issue, so would it also be weird calling them a band? (ignoring the fact that they split up obviously)

I can't really judge because I never really got into MCR properly until they'd already split up, so I wasn't really around as a fan when Bob got kicked out. With Paramore I'd been a massive fan for years when the Farros left so it just feels weird.

ifmemoryserves

ifmemoryserves
  • 23,970 posts
  • Joined Feb 27, 2006
  • 1,472 rep

Y'know, I don't know why but since our Paramore conversation I've gone back and listened to the latest album a couple of tracks at a time, and it have to admit there are a couple of gems on there. I'm in love with Daydreaming and the bassline of Ain't It Fun is fucking epic. I stand by my opinion that it's by far and away their worst album to date, and songs like Anklebiters are downright inexcusable, but the better songs on it stand up to their old stuff. I guess the lack of consistency managed to put me off the whole album, but in isolation a few of the songs are pretty good. Part II is interesting, I thought it came across as a cool tribute to Let The Flames Begin without it just seeming like they'd run out of ideas. Jeremy really seems to have come on as a bassist, and obviously Hayley's voice is still the best there is. I just wish they'd find a drummer, it's just weird to have a guitarist, bassist and singer and call that a band, but maybe that's just me.

yay! i don't remember what i said last time (and can't be bothered to look) but i agree that paramore is their worst album, and i absolutely hate anklebiters :lol: it is kind of inconsistent, but i guess that's to be expected. and i do agree that it's kind of weird that they don't have a drummer, but i can understand why they don't want to add one permanently, for several reasons.
  • Not Anyone. likes this

Australian1diot

Australian1diot
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Joined Jul 03, 2012
  • 114 rep

Darude - Sandstorm

Drain Bramaged

Drain Bramaged
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined Jun 16, 2013
  • 24 rep

Will I be killed if I say Rage Against the Machine? Seriously, what is the hype about them?

I've always really been into their instrumentals. The lyrics are kinda vague, in that Anti-Flag kind of political way.

However their self titled album is so flawless, it's just so energetic!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users