Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

My Chemical Romance and Other Animals...

• Please log in to reply
2986 replies to this topic

Trotsky

Trotsky
  • I sought my image in the scorching glass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,526 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 7,648 rep
If anyone has a less lame title, feel free to suggest it, otherwise, we'll probably just revert the title back to "My Chemical Romance."

Part of the GDC thread renewal project.

OLDNESS: http://www.greendayc...emical-romance/

Sleeper Agent.

Sleeper Agent.
  • Youth's Big Plan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,686 posts
  • Joined Apr 02, 2011
  • 2,463 rep
Isn't the thread twice as shiny?
  • tigress, BringMoreKnives, Satan and 1 other like this

Lil B The Based God

Lil B The Based God
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts
  • Joined Jun 12, 2010
  • 1,451 rep
The first MCR thread was the one I liked the best

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• 14,628 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,692 rep
Love the title. :lol:

But yay, shiny new thread!
Posted Image

It seems the last one was only just started though. I can't believe it had been there for almost 9 months.
  • raven052 likes this

Shoot That Fucker Down

Shoot That Fucker Down
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts
  • Joined Oct 03, 2005
  • 660 rep
How soon can it become virtually a secondary hub for pics/gifs despite having it's own thread in that section? er wait, am I too late?

tigress

tigress
  • FuckMyLife666

• 3,918 posts
  • Joined Mar 03, 2006
  • 2,390 rep
^ Too late ;)

The other night I felt like I was going to have a nervous breakdown, so I immediately listened to I Never Told You What I Do for a Living and I was cured. True story. That song is like a therapy session to me.
  • angel green likes this

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,628 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,692 rep
We don't usually post normal pictures in here. But gifspams are different. They're fun and only for special occasions.

Shoot That Fucker Down

Shoot That Fucker Down
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts
  • Joined Oct 03, 2005
  • 660 rep

We don't usually post normal pictures in here. But gifspams are different. They're fun and only for special occasions.

What? Every time I visited this thread it was gifs, gifs, gifs, gifs.

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,628 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,692 rep

We haven't done a gifspam in a while. Every now and then someone'd use a gif to reply to someone, but that happens in most threads.

Sofouska

Sofouska
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,335 posts
  • Joined Aug 13, 2010
  • 791 rep
The title is very nice :lol: The thread will now stand out :P

The combination of lack of news, birthdays and anniversaries leaded to a lot of gifspam, I don't see how it's bad though :unsure:

Shoot That Fucker Down

Shoot That Fucker Down
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts
  • Joined Oct 03, 2005
  • 660 rep

POPULAR

The title is very nice http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... The thread will now stand out http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

The combination of lack of news, birthdays and anniversaries leaded to a lot of gifspam, I don't see how it's bad though http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

OMG LOOK AT MIKEYS HAIR, HERE'S 400 GIFS OF HIM EATING A TACO.
  • Supa Hot Fire, Lil B The Based God, Emilie. and 5 others like this

raven052

raven052
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,370 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2011
  • 1,119 rep
Ooooh shiny shiny new thread :woot: Awesome title!

On the subject of gifspams, yep, mostly for special occasions, though occasionally we just got bored. (I still maintain our "race to 100th page page-own" was our best gifspam yet) We've not done for a while now though.
Also, let's be honest, if there's gonna be a fangirl session about someones hair, it'll probably be me squealing about Gerard :P

Anyway! New My Chemical Romance thread :D
I don't think I need to introduce myself but since this is the first page and all:
I first heard I'm Not Okay (and saw the video) back in late 2004, if I had to pick a favourite album it would be Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge, mostly because that was the first album of theirs I heard.
Favourite Bullets track: Our Lady of Sorrows
Favourite Revenge track: I'm Not Okay
Favourite Black Parade track: Famous Last Words
Favourite Danger Days track: The Kids From Yesterday

I am very proudly a MASSIVE Gerard Way fangirl (I know, I know, I've kept it so quiet, right ;) ) The subject and reasons etc of which I have discussed on the previous thread, and, let's be honest, it'll probably come up on this one too.

I'm also the happy bringer of Kerrang articles (I've got the new one already, the article about Bullets is really good, scans as soon as I can :happy: )

Anyway... So, yay! New thread. Can't believe we had the old one that long already, gonna miss it a bit, but I'm sure we're gonna make this one just as awesome, if not, indeed, shinier :happy:

I would post a gif, but I can't get at my photobucket right now :P

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,628 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,692 rep
Oh yeah, good idea to do a little intro of ourselves.
I first heard MCR when I was in grade 7 and my friend was sort of obsessed with their song Blood. I actually thought it was from Futurama or South Park or something. But she used to sing it all the time and I started to sing it too. A few years later I looked up the lyrics and found Danger Days. Then I bought Revenge a few weeks later, and so on.

Favourite Bullets song: Our Lady of Sorrows or Headfirst For Halos
Favourite Revenge song: Prison
Favourite Black Parade song: House of Wolves
Favourite Danger Days song: Party Poison, just for the Japanese bits

I'm a massive Ray fan. He's a super passionate and nice guy, as the others say about him, and he's an incredible guitarist.

(I still maintain our "race to 100th page page-own" was our best gifspam yet)

God, yes. That was amazing, even though I missed most of it.
  • raven052 likes this

Shoot That Fucker Down

Shoot That Fucker Down
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts
  • Joined Oct 03, 2005
  • 660 rep
I saw MCR when they opened for Green Day back in the day. Their set was so energetic and awesome that I grabbed Three Cheers shortly thereafter, but it didn't move me. Like everybody else I orgasmed for Black Parade, and still consider it one of the greatest albums of all time.

Last year I was sitting around and decided to throw Three Cheers on again and holy fuck - that album is a masterpiece. It's not as polished as Black Parade, but it has some of the best lyrics I've ever heard as well as some excellent frantic guitar from Ray/Frank.

Danger Days has it's moments, but I felt it was way too much of a therapy album after Black Parade. I'm hoping their next album resumes their rock and roll ways and less of the seemingly-forced techno shit that rock bands are adopting more and more.

I was fortunate enough to see them twice with blink-182 during their summer tour last year and one of those shows was the best concert I've ever seen (the other one featured a change of their setlist, so it wasn't nearly as good).
  • Martyn, raven052 and Demon!Dean like this

Sofouska

Sofouska
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,335 posts
  • Joined Aug 13, 2010
  • 791 rep
I should introduce myself too, even though I'm a noob :lol: My favorite songs, from each album, at least at the moment, are: Early Sunsets Over Monroeville, I Never Told You What I Do For A Living, Sleep and S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W.
I heard my first song some months ago, and it was Teenagers! I loved how even though it's a simple verse-chorus-verse song, it's really strong.
I doubt I can pick a favorite album yet, time will show which will be the album that I'll love a bit more than the rest. At the moment, I would say The Black Parade, because it's the first album I heard and it's also epic in every way. I got introduced to MCR through Avenged Sevenfold, after I watched the short interview clips with Zacky Vengeance, and I appreciate Frank because 99% of the stuff he says and believes are far better than the opinions of many Americans (sorry Americans), plus he's very witty which is great!
My favorite video is, by far, I'm Not Okay :woot: It's so good. I won't expand on why because my post will start sounding like a diary entry :lol: .

Favourite Danger Days song: Party Poison, just for the Japanese bits

I know right :woot: I even learnt those phrases, so as to sing along!
  • raven052 likes this

Advertising

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,628 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,692 rep

I know right http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... I even learnt those phrases, so as to sing along!

I learnt them too. :lol: But I already understood the tiniest bit of it because of my Japanese class at school. And by tiniest bit I really do mean literally two or three words
Minna - everyone
Sutsukesu - suitcase, obviously :P
Watashiwa - Me
Yuumei ni naritai - want to be famous
Majide - Seriously?
Kuruma - car

Okay, so 6 parts

By the way, here's the readout/romaji of the Japanese if anyone wants it.
http://answers.yahoo...29041444AAy4RjA
  • raven052 likes this

raven052

raven052
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,370 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2011
  • 1,119 rep

I saw MCR when they opened for Green Day back in the day. Their set was so energetic and awesome that I grabbed Three Cheers shortly thereafter, but it didn't move me. Like everybody else I orgasmed for Black Parade, and still consider it one of the greatest albums of all time.

Oh man, that's so awesome you saw them when they opened for Green Day!

Forever wishing they'dl do like a co-headling tour some day... I can dream, right? :P

I should introduce myself too, even though I'm a noob http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... I got introduced to MCR through Avenged Sevenfold, after I watched the short interview clips with Zacky Vengeance, and I appreciate Frank because 99% of the stuff he says and believes are far better than the opinions of many Americans (sorry Americans), plus he's very witty which is great!
My favorite video is, by far, I'm Not Okay http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... It's so good. I won't expand on why because my post will start sounding like a diary entry http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... .

You might be a noob, but we love you anyway :P

I really love your story about how you got into MCR, it's so cool :happy:
And :lol: you're worried about your post sounding like a diary entry? I swear half of mine are exactly like that!

I learnt them too. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... But I already understood the tiniest bit of it because of my Japanese class at school. And by tiniest bit I really do mean literally.
By the way, here's the readout/romaji of the Japanese if anyone wants it.
http://answers.yahoo...29041444AAy4RjA

Oh cool! Thanks for that.
I love the song Party Poison too, and now I'm wondering why I never looked up the Japanese parts before!

KarlyLovesGD

KarlyLovesGD
  • Meyohimeyoi

• 5,066 posts
  • Joined Jun 17, 2011
  • 2,895 rep
Love the title, John! :happy:

I guess I'll introduce myself also. I first heard of MCR when my friend showed me the Helena video in 2005. I loved it instantly, but never really bothered to checked them out after that. Fast forward to August 2011. I wanted to check out some new music, and a lot people on the internet told me to check out MCR, so I did. I think that The End., Cancer, and Mama were the songs that hooked me. Then I kind of rediscovered them and stuff.
Favourite Bullets song: Skylines and Turnstiles
Favourite Revenge song: Helena
Favourite Black Parade song: Sleep
Favourite Danger Days song: The Kids from Yesterday

I'm a flaming Mikey Way fan. He's super sweet and really inspiring. He's been through a lot of crap, and seeing him now makes me think how far he's come. Oh, and he's a really amazing bass player. I mean, have you heard the bass line to Planetary? He's super underrated though...a bass solo or two would fix that.
  • raven052 likes this

BringMoreKnives

BringMoreKnives
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,572 posts
  • Joined Jul 30, 2008
  • 1,318 rep
The new title is awesome. :lol:

tigress

tigress
  • FuckMyLife666

• 3,918 posts
  • Joined Mar 03, 2006
  • 2,390 rep
Favorite Bullets song: Early Sunsets
Favorite Revenge song: Helena
Favorite Black Parade song: Sharpest
Favorite Danger Days song: Vampire Money

Vesper

Vesper
  • Outlander

• 18,036 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,653 rep
I don't like the title. -.-

Lil B The Based God

Lil B The Based God
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,445 posts
  • Joined Jun 12, 2010
  • 1,451 rep
Well....I guess so.

*stands up*

Hi, I'm Cameron and I'm an alcoh-----MCR fan. I've been listening since the three cheers days, not necessarily when it came out, maybe somewhere in 2005. I was really into Green Day at the time, what with American Idiot and all, but I always saw MCR on the Fuse when waiting for a Green Day video to come on. I'm Not Okay is the song that caught my attention. When I saw their CD (Revenge) at the store I just had to have it. I was maybe 10 or 11. It's been history since then. No matter what happens, through our ups and downs, MCR will always be one of my favorite bands of all time They've helped me through a lot.

I saw them live last summer and it was one of the most surreal moment ever, seeing the members of a band you've idolized, followed (stalked :lol:) through the years up there in person. Like, holy shit. THEY'RE NOT JUST BEAUTIFUL FIGMENTS OF MY IMAGINATION. Every time I listen to a song they played live, my mind drifts back to that night and all I can see is them up there on the stage pouring their heart into the performance. That's one things I've always loved about them, they put everything into they do. And if you don't like it you can kindly fuck yourself.

I've been through a few stages where I'm not as into them as I once was (right now, perhaps?) but I always find my way back to them. They're a huge part of my life and I'm never going to give up on them. With that, I'm going to go listen to Three Cheers (which is my favorite album, I might add) :happy:

I DO love all of their albums, I don't find myself going back to Danger Days as much as the other albums but it was a decent enough record and doesn't deserve the shit it gets.

Favourite Bullets song: Demolition Lovers
Favourite Revenge song: Hang Em' High OR Cemetery Drive
Favourite Black Parade song: House of Wolves
Favourite Danger Days song: Summertime
  • Martyn and raven052 like this

BringMoreKnives

BringMoreKnives
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,572 posts
  • Joined Jul 30, 2008
  • 1,318 rep
Hey guys, remember in the old thread it was mentioned that some "fans" supposedly put pictures of Gerard's house on Tumblr?
Well, someone on deviantart came up with a project called "Operation MCRmy" as a way to apologize for that plus all the other shit some "fans" have done (i.e, sending Gerard "baycest". :sick:) I think the project is a great idea.

http://frerardismyfi...MCRmy-316702032
http://www.thesharpe...operation-mcrmy

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,628 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,692 rep

THEY'RE NOT JUST BEAUTIFUL FIGMENTS OF MY IMAGINATION

That's exactly how I felt when I saw them. :lol:
  • KarlyLovesGD likes this

Vesper

Vesper
  • Outlander

• 18,036 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,653 rep

Hey guys, remember in the old thread it was mentioned that some "fans" supposedly put pictures of Gerard's house on Tumblr?
Well, someone on deviantart came up with a project called "Operation MCRmy" as a way to apologize for that plus all the other shit some "fans" have done (i.e, sending Gerard "baycest". http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...) I think the project is a great idea.

WHO THE FUCK WOULD DO THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?!?

I assume by baycest they mean his daughter????? SHE'S FUCKING THREE AND THAT'S SO WRONG... :sick: :sick: :sick:

shenanigans041

shenanigans041
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 3,406 posts
  • Joined Mar 02, 2006
  • 24 rep
omg i used to live on this thread haha!

Reagan

Reagan
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Joined Dec 18, 2011
  • 312 rep
Woohoo! New thread!

Now I'll feel like a regular on here.

I don't think I need to introduce myself either, but hey.. Might as well.

Favorite album: The Black Parade
Favorite song: Welcome to the Black Parade, Headfirst for Halos, Helena, or Thank You For the Venom. I have no idea. I can't decide.
Favorite member: I probably shouldn't choose a favorite but I can't help it..I'm a Frank freak. A Frankgirl.
Favorite music video: Their Desolation Row cover.

Favorite Bullets song: Headfirst for Halos
Favorite Revenge song: Either Helena or Thank You For the Venom
Favorite BP Song: Welcome to the Black Parade, even though Sleep and The Sharpest Lives are close seconds.
Favorite Danger Days song: S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W

I do enjoy gif spams when they come along. AND I'M FRIGGIN EXCITED FOR THE NEW ALBUM, TOO.

EDIT: *gasp* I'm on the first page... I'm famous!

raven052

raven052
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,370 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2011
  • 1,119 rep

Well, someone on deviantart came up with a project called "Operation MCRmy" as a way to apologize for that plus all the other shit some "fans" have done (i.e, sending Gerard "baycest". http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...) I think the project is a great idea.

Yep... Ugh. It was all over twitter yesterday... Horrible, just horrible. I can't believe... Honestly, still shocked. Just, why? I just...
Sorry, I'm not making any sense... But the whole thing... I hate what they've done, so much...

ok, wow, yes! Count me in! Anything to prove the MCRmy still loves and respects these guys, and to apologise to Gerard...

WHO THE FUCK WOULD DO THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?!?
I assume by baycest they mean his daughter????? SHE'S FUCKING THREE AND THAT'S SO WRONG... http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

Yes. It's what you think it is... Disgusting...

Vesper

Vesper
  • Outlander

• 18,036 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,653 rep

Yep... Ugh. It was all over twitter yesterday... Horrible, just horrible. I can't believe... Honestly, still shocked. Just, why? I just...
Sorry, I'm not making any sense... But the whole thing... I hate what they've done, so much...

ok, wow, yes! Count me in! Anything to prove the MCRmy still loves and respects these guys, and to apologise to Gerard...

Yes. It's what you think it is... Disgusting...

JUST EW. Urgh, some people...

I mean we all have fantasies. Who fucking doesn't? But mine (truthfully) used to extend to Frank and Gerard... which is okay as a FANTASY. But then there's a line where even fantasies becoming disturbing; pedophilia and beastiality being the two big ones here. Keep it in your head if you know it's that taboo...

KarlyLovesGD

KarlyLovesGD
  • Meyohimeyoi

• 5,066 posts
  • Joined Jun 17, 2011
  • 2,895 rep

Ugh, Baycest? That's is pathetic. I'm ashamed.

BUT, that apology video actually is a really good idea. I might contribute. :happy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users