Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Posted Image  New "F**K Cancer" shirt. 100% of profits are going to breast cancer charity. Check them out.

Photo

The Work Thread

• Please log in to reply
2935 replies to this topic

3's

3's
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • Joined Feb 12, 2010
  • 278 rep

Sigh, handing out applications left and right at the minute. I think every store in my town has it's own filing cabinet with my CV's in.

If I didn't have the money the government gives me for university, I would be fucked. 

Fuzz

Fuzz
  • Professional Cocksmith

• 38,281 posts
  • Joined May 28, 2004
  • 15,386 rep

Guess who just got hired at a full-time job that pays $15/hr? Yeah. So pumped.

My old boss had better be ready for the bollocking of his life when I give him my notice tomorrow. I've been preparing a speech for months. 

Very awesome. Congrats!

• Lady Nightlife likes this

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 21,900 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,906 rep

My old boss had better be ready for the bollocking of his life when I give him my notice tomorrow. I've been preparing a speech for months.

Congrats! Can't wait to hear how your current boss reacts!

When do you start at the new job?

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Leader of the Tomnomnom Security Contingent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,120 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 10,700 rep

Congrats! Can't wait to hear how your current boss reacts!

When do you start at the new job?

We'll find out tomorrow :lol:

I'm starting September 2, same day Mia starts school! I'm really excited, not only do I not have to do secretarial stuff anymore, I get my own office!

• Fuzz likes this

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 21,900 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,906 rep

We'll find out tomorrow :lol:

I'm starting September 2, same day Mia starts school! I'm really excited, not only do I not have to do secretarial stuff anymore, I get my own office!

So what will you be doing instead?

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife

• 11,120 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 10,700 rep

So what will you be doing instead?

I'll just be doing paralegal work - drafting documents, overseeing document-signing because I'm a notary, etc. I'm really excited because this lady has a very focused practice that's not going to follow me home in the form of insane stress over deadlines and D.W.I. charges. 

• gdpony likes this

Moriarty

Moriarty
  • Elton John

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Joined May 05, 2009
  • 701 rep

Nice work, do let us know how the speech goes. I was watching this when I read this so you may use it as inspiration for your speech:

"TURN THAT FUCKING RACKET OFF, IT'S JUST VOWELS"

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 21,900 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,906 rep

I'll just be doing paralegal work - drafting documents, overseeing document-signing because I'm a notary, etc. I'm really excited because this lady has a very focused practice that's not going to follow me home in the form of insane stress over deadlines and D.W.I. charges.

Awesome. Didn't realize you were a notary. Nice to be able to actually use your education and get a pretty decent pay too!

gdpony

gdpony
  • Anna Molly

• 10,530 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2009
  • 1,223 rep

I'm in love with my job! :wub:

Spinelli

Spinelli
  • 12,038 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 6,860 rep

gonna print out a load of my CV's soon and just start handing them out, plus applying online where ever the fuck i can. ideally i need a temporary well paying job, like 6 months of decent wages then i can move away & start fresh. fingers crossed (or there will be blood on the moon)

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife

• 11,120 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 10,700 rep

My boss was super upset and immediately offered to pay me as much as my new boss will pay me. Nice to know he doesn't want me to leave x'D

• Fuzz, lizziebix, AlissaGoesRAWR and 1 other like this

Fuzz

Fuzz
  • Professional Cocksmith

• 38,281 posts
  • Joined May 28, 2004
  • 15,386 rep

My boss was super upset and immediately offered to pay me as much as my new boss will pay me. Nice to know he doesn't want me to leave x'D

being in that position sounds fucking great.

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife

• 11,120 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 10,700 rep

being in that position sounds fucking great.

It is, but it was pretty awkward because I kept turning down his attempts to sweeten the deal to the point that it became pretty clear that the reason I'm leaving is solely because I don't like the office environment :lol:

AlissaGoesRAWR

AlissaGoesRAWR
  • Tomnomnom's Publicist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,593 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2012
  • 3,848 rep

God, I cannot wait to be in your situation (hopefully) about this time next year... Although now that my mean boss left, it won't be nearly as fulfilling to tell off the boss I like.

Granted, they never offer pay increases, just a sad pout and "b-b-but, we love you!" and then beg you to stay, when it's painfully obvious the reason we're leaving is because we're exploited and taken advantage of and basically paid the equivalent of a McDonald's wage. If I move up to a bigger paper I can literally double my salary. Only thing holding me back is I don't have the 2-3 years experience a bigger paper is typically looking for.

But yeah, I've already rehearsed my going away speech and everything. Teehee. You're lucky you get to actually say it.  :D

Ritz

Ritz
  • I am the motherfucking best- Mike Dirnt.

• 12,055 posts
  • Joined Mar 27, 2012
  • 7,355 rep
So happy for you Kay! :)
2nd day at office was a low key affair. IT inductions, ADMIN inductions etc etc. Got 5 fat books for training purpose. Feels like college lol.

Advertising

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 21,900 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,906 rep

Nice to know you're appreciated even if it's only because he now realizes he's losing you (and will have to find someone to replace you and that's a headache he doesn't want to have to deal with and oh probably pay them more than he was paying you). :lol:

But seriously, really happy he's upset but that you're not giving in and staying. Pretty sure your new position will give you some of the other things in life (your own apartment!) you've been missing.

Spinelli

Spinelli
  • 12,038 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 6,860 rep

so when i got into work today, i had no shifts lined up for the next two weeks. when i asked my manager about it, they've put me in a different store doing a different role without asking :ermm: thankfully it's a closer store and a role i prefer doing, but still, it's polite to ask?? but it's a shit load of overtime, near double what i'd work in that time & a possibility of a permanent transfer if i do a good enough job.

• Fuzz likes this

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 21,900 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,906 rep

so when i got into work today, i had no shifts lined up for the next two weeks. when i asked my manager about it, they've put me in a different store doing a different role without asking :ermm: thankfully it's a closer store and a role i prefer doing, but still, it's polite to ask?? but it's a shit load of overtime, near double what i'd work in that time & a possibility of a permanent transfer if i do a good enough job.

Work your ass off. Smile and be overly friendly. They'll just have to keep you at this new store. :)

And good luck.
  • Fuzz likes this

Spinelli

Spinelli
  • 12,038 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 6,860 rep

Work your ass off. Smile and be overly friendly. They'll just have to keep you at this new store. :)

And good luck.

that's the plan! gunna put in every ounce of effort i have to try make this work, thank you! :happy:

• lizziebix and Lady Nightlife like this

lizziebix

lizziebix

• 21,900 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,906 rep

that's the plan! gunna put in every ounce of effort i have to try make this work, thank you! :happy:

Wish I could like this more than once. :)
  • Spinelli likes this

Backyard Skulls

Backyard Skulls
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts
  • Joined Apr 30, 2009
  • 1,023 rep
Getting my formal induction on the 13th. From what I've heard it's hell, 16 hours over two days. I have to learn about the history of the company and all the boring common sense health and safety stuff.
I don't mind though, least I'm getting paid for it :lol:

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife

• 11,120 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 10,700 rep

Put my two-week notice in everywhere :) Found out today though that my manager at the store put me on to work over 30 hours next week on top of the 30+ hours I'll be working at the law office for my final week. MONEY  :woot:

AlissaGoesRAWR

AlissaGoesRAWR
  • Tomnomnom's Publicist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,593 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2012
  • 3,848 rep

So, the president of our company was in the office today and when he saw me he said "Where are you going? You look nice today."

It was the most backhanded, awkward compliment, but fuck, he's the president... so that's kind of a big deal, right? :toocool:

Basically all I did was put on a skirt, necklace and a pair of glasses today, lolz. And I've been sick for the past week, which makes it kind of hilarious. I guess he was basically complimenting my outfit, not my actual self, because God, I feel like death today... If only rich him knew that I got everything I'm wearing on eBay or at a thrift store.  :lol:

Certified Nimrod

Certified Nimrod
  • The Real Adam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • Joined Jan 26, 2013
  • 1,789 rep

Painting isn't bad once you get past the smell.

Maddy.

Maddy.
  • northern sailor

• 26,360 posts
  • Joined Jun 15, 2009
  • 6,815 rep
got a surprise mini pay check for the few days i worked at the beginning of the month. dead chuffed.
  • olstjimmy likes this

olstjimmy

olstjimmy
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Joined Feb 03, 2013
  • 605 rep

I got a new job for September. I'm going to be tech assistant to a theatre company. I won't be paid unless we make profit (it's their first show) but I'm excited!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users