Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Work Thread

• Please log in to reply
3946 replies to this topic

wood

wood
  • The Giving Tree

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014
  • 1,087 rep
Reveling in marketing and PR. I'm glad I took my talents to this sector. Not only can I add a creative twist to otherwise dull as dishwasher subjects, But I get to watch as the company succeeds based on the words I write.

It's also bomb that I get comission on top of a base. 35 cents a word. Average page is 300 words (for Google purposes) and I'm currently on a 42-page project. I don't feel like I got the shit kicked out of me when I get home everyday and my boss is installing a full-sized bar in the office, which is essentially a 6 room, three story frat house.

AlissaGoesRAWR

AlissaGoesRAWR
  • ♥ ♥ ♥

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,574 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2012
  • 5,974 rep

Remember the promiscuous superintendent I talked a couple weeks ago who was being an asshole to me? The one who was arguing with me over email?

... well, he got arrested last month. I just found out.

Thank you, based God, for public records! Writing that story was fun today. :D This. Is. War.

#REKT

• Mar and Morrissey. like this

WeAllFloatDownHere

WeAllFloatDownHere
  • Dearly Beloved

• 7,533 posts
  • Joined May 16, 2010
  • 4,156 rep

Remember the promiscuous superintendent I talked a couple weeks ago who was being an asshole to me? The one who was arguing with me over email?

... well, he got arrested last month. I just found out.

Thank you, based God, for public records! Writing that story was fun today. :D This. Is. War.

#REKT

What did he get arrested for?

AlissaGoesRAWR

AlissaGoesRAWR
  • ♥ ♥ ♥

• 7,574 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2012
  • 5,974 rep

What did he get arrested for?

Obstructing official business. One of his employees found a student had 19 grams of weed, a pipe, other drug paraphernalia, so the employee called the cops. Once he found out, he didn't like that, and basically made the cops leave and told them he was going to "investigate" himself. He didn't collect the evidence properly, among other legal issues, so police couldn't criminally charge anyone. Basically he hindered the entire investigation.

Not a huge deal, but extremely unprofessional behavior for a school official, especially one who's already been caught banging one of his subordinate employees.

wood

wood
  • The Giving Tree

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014
  • 1,087 rep

Just did a collective Good Riddance cover with the guys in my office because it's Office Guitar Friday.

I hope I made you all proud.

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,742 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 5,325 rep

Obstructing official business. One of his employees found a student had 19 grams of weed, a pipe, other drug paraphernalia, so the employee called the cops. Once he found out, he didn't like that, and basically made the cops leave and told them he was going to "investigate" himself. He didn't collect the evidence properly, among other legal issues, so police couldn't criminally charge anyone. Basically he hindered the entire investigation.

Not a huge deal, but extremely unprofessional behavior for a school official, especially one who's already been caught banging one of his subordinate employees.

So do they know where the weed went? Sounds like a fun follow-up!  :shifty:

When I was writing this reply, I was adding how typing this was making Rose mad, because in order to type with her in my lap, I have to stretch my arm over her body to reach the keyboard and that you can tell it's making her mad. I said that the second I got done typing, she'd probably leave in a huff, even though she was purring up a storm. The little bitch must've known I was talking shit about her because she somehow managed to hit some button on my keyboard or move my touchpad in such a way that it took me back to the forum index before I submitted it, so I had to type this again. :lol:

gdpony

gdpony
  • Anna Molly

• 10,611 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2009
  • 1,245 rep

My raise and new promotion are coming this week! ... I'm so excited, and I can't believe my boss has such faith in me :lol:

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 23,795 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,966 rep

My raise and new promotion are coming this week! ... I'm so excited, and I can't believe my boss has such faith in me :lol:

Congrats, Pony!  Glad things are going well for you at your job!

• gdpony likes this

gdpony

gdpony
  • Anna Molly

• 10,611 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2009
  • 1,245 rep

Congrats, Pony!  Glad things are going well for you at your job!

Thank you Mar! ... I'm very excited and happy!

• lizziebix likes this

Andres

Andres
  • Professional Cocksmith

• 39,097 posts
  • Joined May 28, 2004
  • 16,667 rep

Debating whether I should use my weekend to login to my computer at work and organize my work orders on Monday, or if I should wait till Monday and do it when i'll actually be paid for it.

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 23,795 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,966 rep

Debating whether I should use my weekend to login to my computer at work and organize my work orders on Monday, or if I should wait till Monday and do it when i'll actually be paid for it.

Don't do it.

I had that debate with myself last night. I logged on and saw some problems arose and quickly logged off. Nothing I can do from here so it'll have to wait until Monday anyway. Always better to be in the dark and enjoy the weekend!!

gdpony

gdpony
  • Anna Molly

• 10,611 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2009
  • 1,245 rep

Don't do it! :P

I logged on yesterday to turn some of our virtual and physical servers off cause one of our buildings is going through an electrical maintenance check. I also received some emails of failed backups, but I'm checking that on Monday, I try not to worry about work stuff over the weekend, it's not healthy, even my boss tells me not to worry about it :lol:

Khaleesi.

Khaleesi.
  • #sneakyoutlaw

• 20,797 posts
  • Joined Jul 31, 2005
  • 4,726 rep

ugh cover letters. 

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• 15,467 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 5,174 rep

what's some kind of job I can get with no experience, outside of retail or fast food/restaurants? I'm ruling those out for now because I've already applied for (either in person or online) every possible store within bus distance of me. And fast food and restaurants won't hire me because of my back problems.

There must be something i'm overlooking, that often requires no experience and preferably not a very physical role, 'cause I'm tiny and weak :P . I'm also trying receptionist vacancies, although most of them ask you to have experience there are a few I've found that didn't. But i haven't heard back from any of those. So is there anything else? 

Khaleesi.

Khaleesi.
  • #sneakyoutlaw

• 20,797 posts
  • Joined Jul 31, 2005
  • 4,726 rep

i had a dream last night that work didn't give me the time off i requested to go see ryan. :( i'm half expecting it, actually. my manager is such a bitch and always "loses" my time off requests so they don't go through. i mean, i'm not working. i've already booked my plane tickets and everything. so they can go fuck themselves. 

Advertising

Khaleesi.

Khaleesi.
  • #sneakyoutlaw

• 20,797 posts
  • Joined Jul 31, 2005
  • 4,726 rep

i've applied to be a court clerk at the provincial court. i spent forever tweaking my resume and writing a cover letter, so here's hoping! it says 303 people applied for the position though :( they haven't announced how many positions to be fill, so heres hoping its a decent amount :P 

AlissaGoesRAWR

AlissaGoesRAWR
  • ♥ ♥ ♥

• 7,574 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2012
  • 5,974 rep

I will never understand why people view me as inhuman because of my profession. Just because I have thick skin doesn't mean I don't have feelings at all.

There's this one crazy guy who's insisted on emailing me over and over and over again this past week, and publicly bashing me on our website's comments, not because he's angry with my coverage, but because he thinks he's some kind of super-journalist who can do it better than me because he worked at some weekly paper 30 years ago or something to that effect. He's basically just ripping me to shreds, and if I calmly reply, he just starts it back up again. It's a never-ending battle of trying to only sparsely engage with the trolls, while also ensuring people know it's not OK to disseminate misinformation about me and my reporting.

But I just wonder — what do people like him think when they're typing these novels that they're sending to me? I could never engage with a stranger in that way. And I'm by no means as bad at my job as what he's saying. I'll admit my mistakes when they're made, but to just flat-out say I suck at my job is probably the greatest insult you can send me because I take it so seriously.

So do they know where the weed went? Sounds like a fun follow-up!  :shifty:

When I was writing this reply, I was adding how typing this was making Rose mad, because in order to type with her in my lap, I have to stretch my arm over her body to reach the keyboard and that you can tell it's making her mad. I said that the second I got done typing, she'd probably leave in a huff, even though she was purring up a storm. The little bitch must've known I was talking shit about her because she somehow managed to hit some button on my keyboard or move my touchpad in such a way that it took me back to the forum index before I submitted it, so I had to type this again. :lol:

Yeah, the superintendent brought it to the cops in a bag a few hours later, which basically equates to tampering with evidence. It's a fucking mess, really.  :lol:

And aww, blind Rosie cuddles are the best! Molly also insists on cuddling whenever I'm on GDC. She must be trying to break me of my habit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users