Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Posted Image Trick or treat! We have a new Halloween theme. We also have two Halloween contests going on right now - enter with your pumpkin carvings here and your costumes here!

Photo

The Work Thread

• Please log in to reply
3550 replies to this topic

wood

wood
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014
  • 677 rep

I actually forgot to put my own birthday on my last application. *facepalm*

You were never born. You have always been.

• Floyd Pinkerton and AlissaGoesRAWR like this

AlissaGoesRAWR

AlissaGoesRAWR
  • Hash Slinging Slasher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,628 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2012
  • 4,906 rep

It can't be that because they're immediately hiring new people to replace them =/ This is the first time I've seen it since I started working there, and it seems like the people in charge of it just got really cranky all of a sudden :lol: They just like wipe out half the staff and bring new people in within a few days. I've put in for the last 3 full time positions that have opened up and never got any of them because they ignored my shift request form (and everyone else's) and just brought in brand new people. No wonder people call our facility 'the revolving door' :lol:

Is it possible they're hiring people in at a lower rate? Or are the people in charge changing, and hiring people they like instead?

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton
  • Head of Tom's legal council

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,117 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 3,009 rep

Is it possible they're hiring people in at a lower rate? Or are the people in charge changing, and hiring people they like instead?

The same people are in charge that have always been. We do have a new RN supervisor but she doesn't have any say in who gets hired, just in who gets fired.

Anyway, now my current job is calling me and I'm afraid to call back, cuz I don't know if they're calling to fire me or if they're calling to offer me that full-time position. And I don't want to tell them I'll take the full-time position before I know what's going on with the other place I applied to. Life is tough.

Billie Hoe is my hero

Billie Hoe is my hero
  • ♥ Jimmy Sullivan ♥

• 19,110 posts
  • Joined Jun 14, 2005
  • 1,008 rep

Had a jobinterview yesterday. I think it went okay. If I do get the job, I won't have a clue what to do though. Didn't get any off it. :lol:

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton

• 19,117 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 3,009 rep

Had a jobinterview yesterday. I think it went okay. If I do get the job, I won't have a clue what to do though. Didn't get any off it. :lol:

I feel like at interviews they just bombard you with all the information humanly possible. I get confused too :lol:

Billie Hoe is my hero

Billie Hoe is my hero
  • ♥ Jimmy Sullivan ♥

• 19,110 posts
  • Joined Jun 14, 2005
  • 1,008 rep

I feel like at interviews they just bombard you with all the information humanly possible. I get confused too :lol:

I'm not the only one then. :lol: Good to know.  

Backyard Skulls

Backyard Skulls
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts
  • Joined Apr 30, 2009
  • 1,088 rep
Two weeks this Sunday I'm doing a 10 hour shift lol so much for getting a few Sunday's off for doing college stuff!
Like don't get me wrong I'm so happy I have a job but I'm really struggling to get the balance between work and college :( I just need to really sit down and schedule everything to find time.
They want most of our work in before Christmas so we're not stressing come the new semester in the middle of January.

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 22,919 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,462 rep
Had to help clean out one of our other offices. Got totally sick - literally. Had to go home. :(

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton

• 19,117 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 3,009 rep

So I'm working full-time again. *shakes ass*

• Billie Hoe is my hero, Mar and AlissaGoesRAWR like this

Billie Hoe is my hero

Billie Hoe is my hero
  • ♥ Jimmy Sullivan ♥

• 19,110 posts
  • Joined Jun 14, 2005
  • 1,008 rep

I got a raise today. Make 23 dollars an hour now. :) 

Lindsay

Lindsay
  • Tittysprinkles

• 6,073 posts
  • Joined Mar 08, 2010
  • 4,082 rep

Left a follow up message with Pepsi yesterday as it's been 2 weeks since my phone interview, got no response today. =/ Hopefully that just means they're still in the decision process, as they said they would hopefully have a decision by this week or possibly next week. Just hoping I'm not back at square one, as I don't think there'll be many more postings for winter positions. Really hard not to feel discouraged right now. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users