Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Work Thread

• Please log in to reply
3218 replies to this topic

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Loving Isn't Knowing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,577 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 11,317 rep

No idea. Won't know until I get there on the 6th. But I've been told there are about 6-8 others but they are all in A/P, A/R or payroll. Not my specialty. :( So we'll have to see what they decide. Maybe I really should wait to start until his return.

Fingers crossed for you! Hopefully he has lots of work for you and you'll need those couple of weeks to yourself to get it all done :)

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • chase that disco ball around

• 13,269 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,307 rep

Leaving the pool store :(

I really don't want to cause I'm good friends with the people I work with and I love my customers and I'm fucking good at selling pool chemicals and explaining shit but at the same time I'm so looking forward to not dealing with retail and impatient customers and idiots.

I'd love to stay throughout school but I really don't see how I can make it work and not want to kill myself.

Hayley

Hayley
  • yolo

• 11,767 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2006
  • 721 rep

If it's a nice little shop, good luck! If it happens to be Michaels (I know they're both US and Canada)... good luck. Like, legitimately good luck, I wish you the best.

No not Michaels unfortunately! although I would love to work there too! Except maybe not after all your stories :P Its called Opus and its a local art supply store where I buy all my pointless expensive school supplies hahaha

BeachBum

BeachBum
  • Artistic Junkie

• 8,561 posts
  • Joined Jan 22, 2006
  • 4,291 rep

I really don't want to cause I'm good friends with the people I work with and I love my customers and I'm fucking good at selling pool chemicals and explaining shit but at the same time I'm so looking forward to not dealing with retail and impatient customers and idiots.

I'd love to stay throughout school but I really don't see how I can make it work and not want to kill myself.

I think this will be my last season at the pool store.  I am doing an internship next summer and I don't plan on doing it in Toronto.

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • chase that disco ball around

• 13,269 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,307 rep

I think this will be my last season at the pool store.  I am doing an internship next summer and I don't plan on doing it in Toronto.

Glad we're not going to end up as pool industry lifers tbh :P

Angela.

Angela.
  • Jesus of Pittsburghia

• 8,736 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2009
  • 482 rep

No not Michaels unfortunately! although I would love to work there too! Except maybe not after all your stories :P Its called Opus and its a local art supply store where I buy all my pointless expensive school supplies hahaha

That sounds like a cute little place Hayley, best of luck. It might just be my luck with my particular store and manager(s), but it's been awful. :P I know a lot of people have complained about working for Michaels. The discount isn't shabby but it doesn't have a lot of pros besides that. It's awesome that you have the option of shopping at local stores. Locally, we don't have much of a choice with where we shop. All the shops are large national chains, sadly. You have to get closer downtown before you start to see little businesses pop up.

Billie Hoe is my hero

Billie Hoe is my hero
  • ♥ Jimmy Sullivan ♥

• 18,875 posts
  • Joined Jun 14, 2005
  • 901 rep

One more shift this weekend until I go to London. Super excited! :D Not excited about my job interview tomorrow though. :( 

Backyard Skulls

Backyard Skulls
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • Joined Apr 30, 2009
  • 1,046 rep
Starting my job tomorrow :runaround:
I had my induction all day Saturday and Sunday. All the usual stuff about the company, health and safety, hygine etc. Two hours on Scottish licensing laws was a killer though, but hey I can legally sell you alcohol now :P
I got my uniform too. It's a white tunic thing with a peach apron, a mesh trilby and a peach hat band, with black trousers and black steel toe cap boots :lol: it looks okay on though thankfully.
I've got a written test to complete tomorrow and another 8 hours of food safyet training on Sunday.
I'm really nervous though but excited that I'll be finally earning my own money :happy:

Cath

Cath
  • stick it to the man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012
  • 4,010 rep

i dont know if i should quit my job because i only started a month ago. i'm too busy with school and i'd like to do something else because when i'm not working i'm studying

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users