Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Work Thread

• Please log in to reply
3042 replies to this topic

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • Have you seen my bear Tibbers?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,143 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,257 rep
I have no idea when I should quit.

This week could be my last, or I could prolong it one more pay period.... Probably going to go with the latter as I'm not ready to stop getting paid yet.

Hayley

Hayley
  • yolo

• 11,749 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2006
  • 699 rep

I have no idea when I should quit.

This week could be my last, or I could prolong it one more pay period.... Probably going to go with the latter as I'm not ready to stop getting paid yet.

Omg I did this with target :P I was supposed to quit end of July but I just had my last shift like 2 days ago

Laura Rose

Laura Rose
  • Insert something clever here...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,396 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2009
  • 829 rep

I bet she's thrilled about your plans next week, huh? :lol:

They've known about those plans for awhile. She's been expecting it. Plus, our third person in the office will be fully trained tomorrow, so now she can stop bitching.

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton
  • Head of Tom's legal council

• 18,111 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,425 rep

I applied for an 11-7 position that's open on 2nd floor at work. I hate 3rd floor. I thought 2nd was bad but I didn't know just how good it was until I worked up here on 3rd floor. It's awful.

I've already worked out a schedule for myself since I'll be working overnight if I get it. I can go to bed around 7:30 and wake up at 3 and then actually get shit done. And I'll never have to stay late because dayshift is always overstaffed! I really hope I get the position because I need to get off this floor. Plus my part-time paychecks suck so I need the full time.

Hayley

Hayley
  • yolo

• 11,749 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2006
  • 699 rep

I applied for an 11-7 position that's open on 2nd floor at work. I hate 3rd floor. I thought 2nd was bad but I didn't know just how good it was until I worked up here on 3rd floor. It's awful.
I've already worked out a schedule for myself since I'll be working overnight if I get it. I can go to bed around 7:30 and wake up at 3 and then actually get shit done. And I'll never have to stay late because dayshift is always overstaffed! I really hope I get the position because I need to get off this floor. Plus my part-time paychecks suck so I need the full time.

Once you get used to overnights they become so easy! When I first started doing them (I worked 10-6:15) I would get soo much sleep beforehand but once I got used to them I could wake up at 9am, go to work at 10 pm and not go to bed until 10 or 11 the next morning and not even be tired :P I guess that's not really a good thing though hahah

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 6,734 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,477 rep

Just had a meeting about my in-classroom hours and what subjects I'll be taking this year. Going to be busy as fuck. I've been given a whole load of radio modules and research classes, and possibly a second tutor group. Plus I still have to finish my teaching qualification which I've not heard a word about, which'll be after work on Tuedsay now it seems. At least I'll be too busy to go out and spend the wages. 

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 17,900 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,831 rep

They've known about those plans for awhile. She's been expecting it. Plus, our third person in the office will be fully trained tomorrow, so now she can stop bitching.

Well, I can imagine another co-worker who is less than enthused about it ;)

Laura Rose

Laura Rose
  • Insert something clever here...

• 7,396 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2009
  • 829 rep

Well, I can imagine another co-worker who is less than enthused about it ;)

Oh man, I think she is beyond jealous. :lol:
  • Mar likes this

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • Have you seen my bear Tibbers?

• 13,143 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,257 rep

Just had a meeting about my in-classroom hours and what subjects I'll be taking this year. Going to be busy as fuck. I've been given a whole load of radio modules and research classes, and possibly a second tutor group. Plus I still have to finish my teaching qualification which I've not heard a word about, which'll be after work on Tuedsay now it seems. At least I'll be too busy to go out and spend the wages. 

Thats the best thing about working too much -- no time to spend the money :P

I think I'm going to stay on at least one more pay period. Got a couple known days off for next week so I'll definitely be down to only 3 days at the store which is fine by me.

All the people I really liked working with have gone back to school so all that's left is my friend and one of the girls I'm starting to really dislike so yknow
  • Comrade likes this

Fuzz

Fuzz
  • Professional Cocksmith

• 38,343 posts
  • Joined May 28, 2004
  • 15,522 rep

I got the job!! Holy shit. I'm really really excited. I start the 22nd.

• She-Loves-Him, lizziebix and Not Anyone. like this

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • Psychological Terrorist

• 12,917 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 13,253 rep

Congrats man, really happy for you! :D

Do I get to be CEO of this place in your absence?

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 22,023 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,971 rep

CONGRATS! ! So happy (and jealous) that you got your dream job with just 2 applications. That is so amazing and so are you and really happy they saw that in you right away.

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 22,023 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,971 rep

Congrats man, really happy for you! :D

Do I get to be CEO of this place in your absence?

Guessing you'd be EVP after Lone being COO. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users