Guest Pikachu

The Work Thread

Mar

I'm not gonna be working next Thursday or the Tuesday after that because I'm going out of town. I get nervous that way, because I'm afraid my boss will see that work can be done without me and I'm not essential. :ermm: God, I'm paranoid. :lol:

uhleckseee

yeah... he shouldn't have spoken to you like that. don't think it was worded the best way :\ unfortunately he's prob getting his ass kicked by your SD for not delivering for customers. the company i work for has a measure of how many customers are queueing at each bank. i used to be a checkout manager with 60 odd staff, it was really stressful. not the good kind.

i start my new job as a grocery manager tomorrow, new store! really pleased as this was the role i wanted :) can't wait to get stuck in.

Yeah, who knows. He's a new manager who transferred from another store recently, so maybe he's just trying to gain a reputation as a hardass who won't let anyone push him over. We've been on the constant decline in both customer counts and sales for at least a straight year (while I've been tracking the numbers, anyways. I heard it was like that before, too, but I haven't seen the numbers yet), so they need to cool their jets. I'm waiting for our store to shut down. -_- Fine by me. hahaha

Congrats, by the way! That sounds great! :) I've thought about going to grocery instead of retail, maybe it would be less...idk....bitchy? Electronics like the ones we sell are a privilege most of the time (unless they're buying a fridge or something), groceries are a necessity.

kaylubd

I can finally be a part of this thread because I got a job! :P It's only my 4th day and I'm still a bit nervous about it. I'm just a temp because this lady is about to have her baby so it'll only be for three months. She's training me and all, but I haven't had the chance to try stuff out for myself, so I think that's why I'm freaking out about it. Plus, it's only my second job ever so I'm worrying about fucking up.

A song for the lovers

Today someone yelled at me at work, I told him he should relax because

He scares the children

• Like 1

fiercecircus

Today is my last day at hot topic. :-(. Yes i am actually sad. I wish they didnt interfere with my other job but they do. I might go back for some seasonal hours at xmas...

In any event, i bought like, everything yesterday, while i still had my discount.

• Like 1

She-Loves-Him

Tomorrow is my last day of work for the summer. It's kind of a weird feeling.

lizziebix

I have this major project I do every week. It's basically pulling reimbursement information for our company's secret shopper program. One set gets sent to A/P and another the the adminstrator. This person is my boss' wife, whom I adore. However, it's an unbelieveable, and unnecessary, amount of paper that gets sent home every week.

My boss and I both tried to explain that all the information she needs to verify that shops are being done, timely and correctly, is online via our company's intranet. That, if ever a hard copy is needed (have no idea why though), it can be printed at that time.

But no. She told me this morning that she needs all the paper to do her job properly. *shakes head* I know, I'm a paper person too on some things, but this is so much easier to work directly online. I don't get it.

Would really like to save some trees here but got completely shot down. :(

A song for the lovers

Can anyone explain me why second ship passed by much quicker than first ship?...

Jaymee!!

I was put in charge of a department this morning, and actually got to choose my own hours for work today. The new management has finally realized that I am capable of designing and remerchandising entire shops on my own and organizing a team. It was a good morning, considering how hectic it was with shipment problems :happy:

colour_me_stupid_

I do the breakfast shift and housekeeping. The new manager is apparently talking about some of us only doing the breakfast shift, which is only about 4 hours at most. I'll be handing in my notice if that does happen. I'm back to uni soon anyway..

uhleckseee

Doing the math on your bank account and realizing that you don't need your current, shitty job while you look for another one: Priceless.

Oh my, I'm not sure how this will change my attitude. I already have a shitty attitude at work nowadays anyway since I hate the place, but now that I know how disposable it is, oh my indeed.

Mar

That paranoia I mentioned in my previous post above? I'm beginning to think it's not too crazy. Whenever my boss sends people home early, it's me. I really am disposable. I need to find another job before I get laid off, but with my current family situation, it's not like I can pack up and leave town. Shit.

A song for the lovers

Me at 11:00: "please go out from the pool, it's really dengerous"

At 12:00: "please go out..." (in Arabic and Hebrew)

At 14:00: "go out from the pool"

At 15:00: "get the fuck out of the pool!!!!!!"

A women: "you don't need to be so rude..."

Oh god...

Lindsay

Today I had one of our new part-times compliment me on what a slack/cool manager I was. :lol: Don't know if that's a good or bad thing...

Chelsea831

Lately I've been having to stay late to help my co-workers finish up since we've hired a lot of new people. Our company is pretty cheap so I just do it off the clock anyways (I know it's a risky move since they're paranoid about people getting hurt on the property but they need all the help they can get).

Anyways, my supervisor mentioned she's going to talk to our boss about getting me a raise since I'm pretty much our best waitress and have been there for two years without much of a pay difference. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but trying not to get my hopes up at the same time.

On a side note, every other Thursday, my work has a themed dinner (all music genres) and the most recent one was the Blues. So we got to take orders in sunglasses and my boss dressed as a Blues Brother.

It was actually pretty fun, as far as work goes:

1a5283dd.jpg

Oh, I know you're all so jealous of our SNAZZY uniforms......

(There needs to be a sarcasm font)

fiercecircus

Oh...dear. You are very tolerant.

I have snazzy grey scrubs. It's another annoying weekend, but we have some interesting stuff tonight at least. I got to do anesthesia again so that was exciting. I used to do anesthesia all the time at my old jobs but rarely do it here (b/c we have a whole separate surgical dept and surgical technicians.) Anyways, minor stress! But everything went the way it was supposed to more or less. We just had to stitch up a wound on a hound dog mix and place a drain in it. I couldn't get my ETCO2 to work which pissed me off (part of the vital signs monitoring) but the dog was fine otherwise. It made me happy to do that stuff again- and also happy that they trusted me enough to do it.

Seriously though- my skills were rusty last time. I did it about 2 months ago and i was like OMG WTF? NEW ANESTHESIA MACHINE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE! MONITORS I'VE NEVER USED! HOLY SHIT. Crazy- i've only done anesthesia 3 times in maybe the past... year. I used to do it every day.

(lolz: we use the stuff that killed Michael Jackson all the time.)

pasalaska

Sucks when you start to become good friends with co-workers, then they leave to go back to uni.

boo.

Lindsay

Sucks when you start to become good friends with co-workers, then they leave to go back to uni.

boo.

Thisss. :( My favourite co-worker's last day is on Wednesday since she's going to uni in a different city, work's not gonna be the same with her gone.

A song for the lovers

It's 10:25 in the morning and I do nothing, thank god for school

• Like 1

bat-chen

It's 10:25 in the morning and I do nothing, thank god for school

:lol: I know how you feel. We work now with groups and its much better than annoying parents and spoiled kids.

A song for the lovers

:lol: I know how you feel. We work now with groups and its much better than annoying parents and spoiled kids.

Today they were some annoying guys, but no one cares

Lindsay

My favourite co-worker's last day was yesterday, don't know what I'm going to do without her now! To say it's going to be boring without her is an understatement. :P

Samantha

Right now I'm working as a freelance babysitter

lol jk I need a fucking job

Khaleesi.

I have a job interview tomorrow. :D Receptionist at a spa!

lizziebix

I have a job interview tomorrow. :D Receptionist at a spa!

Good luck. I hope you get it (and lots of perks to go along with it)! ;)