Guest Pikachu

The Work Thread

Beerjeezus
6 minutes ago, Marki. said:

Ooh okay, they make it so it's like an actual interview... I would expect that too, hopefully they don't throw any strange questions at you. Lots of luck for tomorrow! And hope they won't make you wait ages to hear from them after. 

Thank you. :wub: Yeah, I hope they let me know. I don't know how to put together my schedule at school (I'd need 2 or 3 days a week for the internship), so it would be nice to know while I still can cancel classes or sign up for more. Haha I have to make myself do it tomorrow so that I don't reply last minute again

• Like 1

maryjanewhatsername
10 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Thank you. :wub: Not so sure of myself because already I'm fucking up haha. No it's not paid but there's a chance to lend a paid job after two months which would be pretty cool.

I have faith in you :wub: you will do awesome!! It sounds like a great opportunity and you deserve it :wub:

• Love 1

DeJennsitized
17 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

No, the questions show up after clicking the link but they need to be answered immediately so there's no way to look at them before recording the video. :S I expect them to be the classic human resources questions because it seems to be only the first round of questioning.

That's some futuristic shit, and I don't know if it's better or worse than a face-to-face interview 🧐

• Haha 1

Beerjeezus
4 hours ago, DeJennsitized said:

That's some futuristic shit, and I don't know if it's better or worse than a face-to-face interview 🧐

Both is horrible - I never know what to say.

DeJennsitized
50 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Both is horrible - I never know what to say.

But are they able to replay your video interview? How bad would that be lol. At least you'd never have to see it 😛 

Billie Hoe

The art professors moving around every piece of furniture in front of the library every goddamn day stress me out so much… the return box is not allowed to be outside the library anymore because “there’s no space” in the empty white 200m² room and now needs to stand inside the library, in a tiny, crammed aisle in front of the radiator, assfucking every student and teacher who wants to return books outside of opening hours. And for some reason there needs to be glass and a column right in front of the library door, blocking everyone from going in or out…. guess my colleagues and i will just go fuck ourselves then. It's no wonder the design & art students get their own campus far away from everyone else, it's so nobody snaps and kills them. smh

the art students here are so pretentious too. recently there was this poster in the hall, saying some dumb shit like "what use is the greatest metaphor if the dumbest person doesn't understand it". you goddamn idiot. do art because you like it / it makes you happy / you got something to say, if the concept of the dumbest fucking fool on this planet not getting your pretentious bullshit keeps you from creating, then I got bad news for your artistic future and livelihood you ridiculous bitch

On 2/3/2019 at 2:06 PM, Beerjeezus said:

Last week I applied for an internship last minute, not thinking I stand any chance and the hiring company's reply was "we will get back to you in a month" so I pretty much put it aside. Now I checked my email and apparently they fucking replied to me on Wednesday and now I have two days left to do a video questinnaire. I sent an email confirming I'm going to do the questionnare and now I'm freaking out. It's like...a big deal of an internship. Why am I like this I am panicking kalkdnakalql

I'm sure you'll do great! But the method really fucking sucks, I'd hate filming myself. Why don't they take the time for a Skype interview or something? It's weird. But maybe that means the questions will be easier, as they don't just ask whatever pops into their heads but actually think about what's important. Will you be able to edit the video or will you be filmed by a software which will be submittted immidately? Maybe you could screenshot the questions and film yourself later, or re-film it if you're not happy

• Like 1

Beerjeezus
23 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

But are they able to replay your video interview? How bad would that be lol. At least you'd never have to see it 😛 

Lmao the person watching my cinematic masterpiece will regret their choices :lol:

14 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I'm sure you'll do great! But the method really fucking sucks, I'd hate filming myself. Why don't they take the time for a Skype interview or something? It's weird. But maybe that means the questions will be easier, as they don't just ask whatever pops into their heads but actually think about what's important. Will you be able to edit the video or will you be filmed by a software which will be submittted immidately? Maybe you could screenshot the questions and film yourself later, or re-film it if you're not happy

It looks like it's going to be submitted right as it gets filmed because the email they sent me contains a link that says "start the questionnaire".

Misfit xo

I start my new job on the 18th!  $11 an hour + bonuses & incentives + $27.50/hour if I'm scheduled to work on a holiday.  I'll be taking inbound calls for Direct TV as a Technical Support Representative 😊 I've never done this type of work.. most of my jobs have been in a factory or warehouse, but I'm really excited, and I have faith that I will succeed.  Before my interview, I got a tour of the building, and it seems like a really chill & fun place to work.  They have a gaming room, with different TV's hooked up to gaming consoles.  They have a small gym & showers.  Free hot chocolate/coffee/cappuccino while you're working.  I can't wait to start!

• Like 3

lizziebix
12 hours ago, Penguin Puffball said:

Guys, I lucked into the best job EVER. It's an agency. I can work as much or as little as I like. Only one weekend a month. Whatever holidays I want. Up to $25.50 an hour. 

5 hours ago, Misfit xo said:

I start my new job on the 18th!  $11 an hour + bonuses & incentives + $27.50/hour if I'm scheduled to work on a holiday.  I'll be taking inbound calls for Direct TV as a Technical Support Representative 😊 I've never done this type of work.. most of my jobs have been in a factory or warehouse, but I'm really excited, and I have faith that I will succeed.  Before my interview, I got a tour of the building, and it seems like a really chill & fun place to work.  They have a gaming room, with different TV's hooked up to gaming consoles.  They have a small gym & showers.  Free hot chocolate/coffee/cappuccino while you're working.  I can't wait to start!

Congrats to you both.  Sounds like amazing jobs. 

Billie Hoe

honestly hate it when people dont understand my humor… my coworker passed me by while i was doing our visitor statistic a little late because i was held up helping someone and was like “still haven’t counted? lol” and i joked back “omg please dont tell our boss :((” and he was like “omg chill i’m joking” i’m??????? sigh

20 hours ago, Misfit xo said:

They have a gaming room, with different TV's hooked up to gaming consoles.  They have a small gym & showers.

and they expect you to work?? :lol: 

• Haha 2

Beerjeezus

I have a friend who worked as customer support for an airline and they had a gym/sportsroom. She said it was fun to play table tennis during breaks but especially the boxing bag came in handy after a conversation with a dumb customer lol

• Like 1

Billie Hoe
16 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I have a friend who worked as customer support for an airline and they had a gym/sportsroom. She said it was fun to play table tennis during breaks but especially the boxing bag came in handy after a conversation with a dumb customer lol

my kind of coping when my boss yelled at me once in front of everyone was create 8 different versions of her on the sims and then kill her in every way possible... other people box i guess lmao

• Haha 2

maryjanewhatsername
2 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

my kind of coping when my boss yelled at me once in front of everyone was create 8 different versions of her on the sims and then kill her in every way possible... other people box i guess lmao

I cope with my boss being a fucking bitch by crying in front of her and making her feel like shit 😈 

• Like 1

DeJennsitized

Applied for what sounds like a really good job, earning a lot more than I currently do, but I always get imposter syndrome....like, how is it possible that I can be good enough for this job?? Lol, but I'm going to apply. It just seems too good to be true!

• Like 2

maryjanewhatsername
49 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

Applied for what sounds like a really good job, earning a lot more than I currently do, but I always get imposter syndrome....like, how is it possible that I can be good enough for this job?? Lol, but I'm going to apply. It just seems too good to be true!

I hope it all works out for you!! :wub:

• Love 1

NothingButYourImagination

My being unemployed status has finally ended 'cause I start my new job next week on Wednesday! :) I'll be joining a local house building business's team as a carpenter's helper/apprentice at $14/hour & eligible for benefits after a few months in. I'm excited to try this out and have the opportunity to finally work outside of a stuffy office environment. 

• Like 3

lizziebix
7 hours ago, NothingButYourImagination said:

My being unemployed status has finally ended 'cause I start my new job next week on Wednesday! :) I'll be joining a local house building business's team as a carpenter's helper/apprentice at $14/hour & eligible for benefits after a few months in. I'm excited to try this out and have the opportunity to finally work outside of a stuffy office environment. 

Congrats.  Hope it goes well and that you love it!

• Like 1

kaylubd

I don't know if anyone remembers me talking about this godforsaken place out near the airport where I had to work last year? Well, guess what? I have to go back....again.

Their assistant got fired, so I've been asked to come out. I was trying to not be down about it because my supervisor was saying oh it'll be one day a week at the end of my week. Cool. Now he gets back to her and says oh well it should be two days a week. And hey, take your time finding someone else to fill the job. Excuse me, I wasn't hired to travel between two offices. I have my job at my regular office and my duties have just been expanded there. On one hand, I guess it's nice knowing that I'm considered a valuable asset and I usually get a nice bonus for going out there.

On the other, I hate going out to Satan's armpit (the zipcode ends in 666). It's the most depressing building. Everyone looks like they hate their job there. And my office is nice enough to accommodate us with drinks, coffee, whatever we need. This place doesn't even give you utensils. And the commute is longer, so I'm not thrilled about going out for a third fucking time. I seriously dislike this man because he thinks he can just snatch me up when he feels like it. And it's like despite what you think I do at my regular office, I do have duties there. I can't just magically have someone else take care of them. Everyone is busy with their own stuff. 

Sorry for the rant, but this is seriously some BS. I'm lucky this company offers me a great schedule, great pay, and good benefits because I would honestly start looking for something else.

• Sad 3

HolidayContradiction
On 2/7/2019 at 12:33 PM, kaylubd said:

I don't know if anyone remembers me talking about this godforsaken place out near the airport where I had to work last year? Well, guess what? I have to go back....again.

Their assistant got fired, so I've been asked to come out. I was trying to not be down about it because my supervisor was saying oh it'll be one day a week at the end of my week. Cool. Now he gets back to her and says oh well it should be two days a week. And hey, take your time finding someone else to fill the job. Excuse me, I wasn't hired to travel between two offices. I have my job at my regular office and my duties have just been expanded there. On one hand, I guess it's nice knowing that I'm considered a valuable asset and I usually get a nice bonus for going out there.

On the other, I hate going out to Satan's armpit (the zipcode ends in 666). It's the most depressing building. Everyone looks like they hate their job there. And my office is nice enough to accommodate us with drinks, coffee, whatever we need. This place doesn't even give you utensils. And the commute is longer, so I'm not thrilled about going out for a third fucking time. I seriously dislike this man because he thinks he can just snatch me up when he feels like it. And it's like despite what you think I do at my regular office, I do have duties there. I can't just magically have someone else take care of them. Everyone is busy with their own stuff. 

Sorry for the rant, but this is seriously some BS. I'm lucky this company offers me a great schedule, great pay, and good benefits because I would honestly start looking for something else.

I remember..

So seeing that this is that much more worl for you, why don't you hint about a pay raise? It sounds to me that you're worth more when they're asking you to do it again! And if you've got the chance, let them know how this place can be improved or become more like the first place. There's a possibility they could listen to you, right?

Khaleesi.

Snow day tomorrow :woot: brought my laptop home because I still need to do work, but it should be nice and chill! 

kaylubd
27 minutes ago, HolidayContradiction said:

I remember..

So seeing that this is that much more worl for you, why don't you hint about a pay raise? It sounds to me that you're worth more when they're asking you to do it again! And if you've got the chance, let them know how this place can be improved or become more like the first place. There's a possibility they could listen to you, right?

Those are good points! Usually we get a yearly raise. I did get one last year and a bonus for going out there so I'm expecting the same which is the upside to all this. But honestly it can't hurt to say hey maybe I should get a bigger raise especially since I do have more responsibilities. As for the location itself, it's a city building so not much improvement there. But I would like to at least mention to whoever is in control of office supplies how about buying plastic utensils at least. It just makes things a bit easier. 

maryjanewhatsername

Ready for the stress at work to stop honestly. My coworkers have been all trying to take advantage of my kindness and I'm about ready to explode on them.

• Sad 1

Wretched & Divine

I want a new job so baaaad. We recently changed management and everyone has had their shifts slashed which is shitty enough, but also the new manager is not the best. I knew how good we had it with the old manager and fully appreciated her every single day, so at least I didn't take her for granted. Why have I had such rotten luck with managers in general? I'm starting to believe it's just the norm.

kaylubd

So I went out to Satan's armpit last week and while I still hated being out there, it wasn't as bad as last time. Namely because I don't have to work with that woman I disliked, who looks and sounds like Roz from Monster's Inc. But honestly, I'm not sure why I'm there. I really think the dude who asked me to come out exaggerated the situation. I sat in a meeting and changed slides and then I fixed some formatting on a file. That's it. And I have to go back out there twice this week. Booo.

Anyway, what's funny is everyone was very nice and said hi, good to see you...expect that woman, who I shall call Roz. She walked past me 10 times that day and even sat across from me in a meeting and never said a word. This confirmed my suspicions that she complained about me to one of the higher ups. After my last trip out there, he said he heard we "butted heads" which I have no idea what he's talking about. But he seemed to be on my side because he said "that's bullshit. She can be a little difficult to work with." But I wondered who told him that because I didn't say anything. I kept all my complaints to myself pretty much. So her behavior told me it was her. I just think it's funny. She doesn't have a reason to dislike me. I was polite, I didn't disrespect her, and I got the job done. I think she's salty because I didn't kiss her ass like everyone else. Lol. Anyway, that was just a little update. Hopefully, this week goes by fast and I'll be back in my regular office next week.