Guest Pikachu

The Work Thread

fiercecircus

so excited i am not working this weekend! just sunday. I needed a break. Also i'm giving that asshole dude a chance to chill out before we work together again.

Android Jesus

I hate it when you have to leave work because you're feeling really ill. All the other employees look at you and if your actively not vomiting all over the place, feel like you're faking.

I know that feeling!! Everybody stares you as if they'd hate you!! That awkward moment!! :S

Mar

I just sent in a job application for another security company. I've been putting it off because I didn't want to ask my supervisor for a reference towards an application to their opposing company, but I finally decided to just send the application without that particular reference and tell them I could get them one if necessary. I do still want to work for G4S, that's who I'm with at the minute, but every weekend I spend twelve hours sitting on a bus to work in Scotland at the football Saturday and Sunday so I was hoping to get enough hours to not have to leave the city and waste all that time not being paid.

The company I've applied for said they have tonnes of applicants and don't currently have a recruitment interview lined up, but I'm hoping they might read through my application and get me some work anyway. I'm trained more than required and have tonnes of experience so fingers crossed. If I do get the job it'd be ace cause they have a contract with the Metro Radio Arena so I'd get to work the pit at tonnes of gigs, far more fun than shitty football.

I'm gonna be in a similar situation as you soon, and the idea of asking my boss for a recommendation is terrifying for the same reason. And, honestly, idk if the company would even hire me because I worked for the competitor. Oh, intra-office politics. =/

lizziebix

Looking forward to a long weekend (4 days) away from work. Leaving my boss with none of his support team for 2 of those day - he's gonna be awfully lonely! Ha!

colour_me_stupid_

New manager quit today. By text. He lasted 5 weeks.

Really worried about the new manager they have lined up (already, yes). Knowing my luck he'll turn out to be a prick. We were worrying the same about the last guy but he was fine! Let us at our work, helped us out any way he could, made chit chat, wasn't a sarcastic bastard like the original manager.. Arghhhh.

Also, the new owners of where I work are from up the country (Co. Cavan, I'm in Co.Kerry). For some reason, the CCTV has been linked up to Cavan, so the new owners can watch us while they're away :blink: Fucking creepy. I cannot wait to leave. I just hope that this time, it will be for good.

Kaddi.

I'm still having a pretty bad pain in the back from the last three days of work, but now I have the next three days ahead of me. My back is going to kill me Monday night. :(

amy_runs

i hate my job yay

fiercecircus

my feet have been KILLING me with the double shifts i've been pulling. I need new shoes, but not sure what to get. I wish there was a category on Zappos for "standing on concrete floors for 13 hours."

• Like 1

colour_me_stupid_

My friend just text me telling me a customer where she works made her cry today, the customer was a teacher at a sort of summer school my friend went to a couple of years ago, and the customer said:

"I wouldn't know you because you got so fat"

WHO THE FUCK SAYS THAT TO SOMEONE? My friend is NOT FAT. Sweet jesus. I hope that cunt gains 5 stone. I just can't... comprehend how people can be so fucking thick

:o

Clockwise

I start my first job tomorrow night, and am pretty nervous. I really hope I'm not just a total failure.

Whatsername1911

My friend just text me telling me a customer where she works made her cry today, the customer was a teacher at a sort of summer school my friend went to a couple of years ago, and the customer said:

"I wouldn't know you because you got so fat"

WHO THE FUCK SAYS THAT TO SOMEONE? My friend is NOT FAT. Sweet jesus. I hope that cunt gains 5 stone. I just can't... comprehend how people can be so fucking thick

:o

What an asshole! I dont uderstand rude customers that have nothing to be rude over. One time some dude handed me $1 in like 20 coins and i was checking to see if it was all there and he goes "Uhh did you ever take math in high school?"

I wanted to chuck them all in his stupid face.

fiercecircus

we are currently dealing with this one client at the vets that calls us and says shit like, "I WANT TO TALK TO A FUCKING DOCTOR! RIGHT NOW!"

and um, you're calling a hospital. And you haven't told us who you are! You have to at least tell us who you are calling about. :)

She-Loves-Him

I have the least hours out of everybody this week. Some of the part time people have more hours than I do. I'm fucking pissed. It's my last full week too, my last day is next Thursday.

It's been a good job and I get cutting hours when the season starts to slow down, but at least cut them FAIRLY.

Beathe.

I have five shifts this week. I thought that I didn't start school intil next week, but I start this Thursday. So on Friday I have to go to work after school. Not looking forward to that. :S

Lindsay

I don't know what to do. When I originally left for BC I told my boss there was a possibility I was going to be coming back a lot earlier than I had planned, so he said if I did to give him a text so he could see if he could squeeze me in for a shift or two. I found out on Saturday that I'm coming back tomorrow rather than Friday as planned so I sent him a text, he said he would see what he could do but I haven't heard anything since. I'm just not sure if I should text him again or no, I really don't want to bother him but it'd be nice to have a couple shifts this week... kind of a stupid situation but yeah. :lol:

fiercecircus

so, hospital gossip:

a lot of people have been cold to me since the whole "ratting out the sleeping guy" thing went down. Whatever- they can think i'm a bitch all they want, the motherfucker was sleeping on the job and patients weren't getting taken care of. Not cool.

But last night a bunch of people (not me) were being silly and started joking around, and all the jokes were about THE SLEEPING DUDE. It was very, very snarky. And it was good to know that i'm not the only person bitching about this dude.

(also: we're trying to figure out if he's a cokehead or a meth head. His skin and teeth are pretty messed up...)

Four.

I have an interview tomorrow at 11! :runaround:

It's work in a factory, but it's 16 hours per week, and if I want to go to Europe in the next two years, I need it. Bloody hell, I'm scared.

Anyone got any tips?

Juliette

Starting to apply to graduate jobs, scary. Can't believe this time next year I'll be out in the real world. Though I still have no idea what I want to do so basically just applying to everything that pays well haha. £40k starting salary? Yes please.

Beathe.

No one at work can seem to remember my name, and okey I suck at remembering names too. But for gods sake, I wear a freaking name tag. Idiots.

Four.

They can't hire me until October. Fuck.

lizziebix

Have the day off and had hoped hubby would too, but no, they called him at 10am for IMMEDIATELY. Glad he's working; sad not to have a work day off with him.

Android Jesus

I'm really happy 'cause tomorrow is Holiday here :dance: so I'm gonna be free..! to do my homework :dry: but at least I won't be working :D

Sarcasm

I got a job at GameStop, woo! After working there 2 days, the boss said that I'm the prime candidate for taking her position when she leaves to do other shit in maybe a year. I'm stoked, a supervisor position before I'm 23 without completing school? Fuck yeah.

Penguin Puffball

Well, since I'm now taking tae kwon do classes, I need to have a weekend job to help pay for it.

Four.

HOLY CRAP I GOT THE JOB.

I mean, I'm only going to start working in a month and a half, but still. MONEY.

• Like 2