Guest Pikachu

The Work Thread

Beathe.

I have this weekend off. The countdown has began. :dance:

lizziebix

Hubby found me vintage German made knitting needles from the latest estate sale. Loving his job but starting to hate that I want something from every home! Defeats the purpose of getting paid!

Four.

I'm going to go to an agency, because this is really starting to annoy me. Nobody has even called for an interview.

bat-chen

*My friend and I in the pool of the slide we worked today*

Some girls: "when did the slide open?"

My friend: "in ten minute"

Another bunch of girls: "does this slide open?"

Me: "not now, there is a problem with the water"

after of so many things to say to each other, my friend check the time and it was 10pm! :lol: (we should have open the slide in 9pm... but we didn't really wanted to work so much :lol:)

:lol: I wish I can't tell to my the guest in my hotel that the dinning is close :lol:

A song for the lovers

:lol: I wish I can't tell to my the guest in my hotel that the dinning is close :lol:

tell them there is no dishes :lol:

Kaddi.

I just realized that I have to work every Saturday in August. This is what you get when you tell your shiftleader he can schedule you for whenever he wants. :P

oda

My LAST work weekend is coming soon :P I've never quit a job before, this is the only one i've ever had.

Feels good though.

crazychic

am working lates this week wool lol though its quite quiet due to olympics so it could be worse :P I work at the national archives in Kew so its nice not to be too bogged down with loads and loads of stuff hehe but yeah the late shift means i stay at work till 19:00 and get bk home for about 21:00 :(

gdpony

I quit my job yesterday, it was awful, but it had to be done.

Im gonna miss those kids :(

She-Loves-Him

I was supposed to work yesterday, today, Saturday and Sunday. But apparently they took my weekend hours and gave them to someone else to 'balance the hours'. So now boss's pet has 44 hours, most other people have 33 ish like I DID, and now I've got 18. I'm fucking pissed. How is that BALANCING?! I tried to ask boss why yesterday but he doesn't stop and listen to you unless you're one of his pets so I didn't really get much of an explanation.

SO ANGRY.

Kaddi.

am working lates this week wool lol though its quite quiet due to olympics so it could be worse :P I work at the national archives in Kew so its nice not to be too bogged down with loads and loads of stuff hehe but yeah the late shift means i stay at work till 19:00 and get bk home for about 21:00 :(

Late shift is till 7pm? At my current job, late shift is till 11pm, at my old one, it was till 1:30am. :P

Lindsay

One more shift tomorrow and then I'm off for two weeks. :happy: Thank god, I need a break from that place so bad. Seems it's just constantly going down the shitter. Won't help that a lot of people are quitting to leave for school at the end of the month too. =/

fiercecircus

Some kid totally puked ALLLLL over the carpet at work today. :pinch: And then the people asked us to clean it up! We had to replace the carpet and everything, so fucking nasty. Ergh.

All of my bosses know that i will do anything except clean human puke. I will in fact quit a job if i'm forced to clean human puke. Dog puke? Cat shit? Blood and bile and pus and maggot infested wounds? No problem. Seriously- at the animal hospitals i have dealt with tons of nasty nasty stuff. But human bodily fluids make me run screaming. I hate humans.

I'm currently on vacation in Sweden, I return back to the US on August 23rd (I leave on the 22nd 9 + hour flight over 5000 miles) and resume work on September 3rd. My job? Preserving human remains, yes you read that correctly...I'm a Embalmer. It's a fascinating job, and not one for the faint at heart and the pay is surprisingly decent especially after you've been doing it for a year or two. I love my job because you're providing an excellent service and it's an art form.

DUDE- that's insane. I mean, that takes balls. Good for you. That's the kind of stuff they can't even SHOW on Dirty Jobs! But- it's a respectable job, and an art form (the makeup and reconstructive work and such...)

SO, YOU GUYS. The fucking funniest thing happened tonight. Sort of.

At the animal hospital, i work overnights mostly (some noon to midnight shifts also.) Lately, i've been getting a ton of extra hours and working different shifts than usual because we've lost/gained some staff and they've added some positions. WHICH- has put me on with this guy who i have only barely worked with until now. He's supposed to be an ICU tech (which is, aside from the doctor, supposed to be the most skilled, most responsible person in the building.) I've only worked with this guy for maybe 6 weeks now, but- ALL HE DOES IS FUCKING SLEEP ON HIS SHIFT! And reads books and randomly decides to leave the building during the night to go to Taco Bell. He has patients to take care of! And those patients have been missing their medications and treatments.

Anyways, i mostly don't give a shit about other people do. I figure most of the time, people who do stupid shit get in trouble eventually, and this guy was setting himself up for trouble in the first place. But when you do nothing but sleep and eat taco bell on your shift, and then bitch at me for being slow, not knowing what i'm doing, or doing a bad job, you can suck my dick. I didn't actually "GET HIM IN TROUBLE" but apparently one night when i was randomly bitching about busting my ass and that "so-and-so" was asleep all night, one of the bosses overheard. Dude got his ass reamed today... and he's TOTALLY BLAMING IT ON ME! He called me into the ICU and was like "HOW DARE YOU TELL PEOPLE ABOUT ME SLEEPING ON THE JOB! IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME YOU SAY IT TO MY FACE!" etc etc and in general being a big bully and trying to scare me (truth: he is like 7 feet tall and i'm wee petite 4 foot 11. I'm vaguely physically scared of him.)

But you know what? It's funny. Because i didn't even do it on purpose- for all i know, one of the doctors or other techs probably ratted him out. And because he has been sleeping on the job for the past 6 months and now he's in trouble finally. Haha.

Bottom line: don't do anything at work that you don't want talked about.

Beathe.

I'm not going back to work intil next weekend :) It feels great!

Undómiel

I hate it when you have to leave work because you're feeling really ill. All the other employees look at you and if your actively not vomiting all over the place, feel like you're faking.

colour_me_stupid_

Wasn't home ten minutes from work today when the phone rings and its work asking me if I want to babysit for around 6 hours :o I'm gonna do it, cash in hand? Yes please. But I have never done it before.. Hopefully the kid will just sleep and I can read my book.

Katarina.

Unfortunately I had to quit my job at the cinema, which means I haven't had a job since the start of August. No more free movies! Not that I actually went to the movies a lot, but still. :P

I moved to another city and I have no idea what to do. I hope I can find a job around here.

.katie.

I really hate customers sometimes. Some man came into work today and started harassing an employee, when she was just doing her job. Apparently he's done the same to someone else before and actually had her in tears. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with people?

Whatsername1911

Sometimes its really nice working in an ice cream shop.

I'm so ready to work tonight and eat everything i want. Chocolate cures everything.

Kaddi.

My shiftleader somehow convinced me to take another extra shift tomorrow. I have so many hours this month, I think I can take September off completely. :D

She-Loves-Him

I have four and a half days off this week. Three o them I asked for and I would have had three days off anyways, but the other day and a half is because nobody listens to me when I tell them which days I need off so they end up changing the schedule midweek.

Frustrating as hell. Kind of glad there's only two weeks left.

Chelsea831

I hate it when you have to leave work because you're feeling really ill. All the other employees look at you and if your actively not vomiting all over the place, feel like you're faking.

UGH! I know how that feels. I've only had to leave work twice in the two years I've been at my current job. One for a massive migrane which I take medication for but had run out, and the other for feeling like I would puke any second. Soon after I got home that I actually did, but I could tell some people thought I was faking anyways.

Except, there's one coworker of mine that has a history of calling in "sick". She had added me on Facebook and I found out she was a big partier. 99% of the time she called in the morning before her shift or the beginning of when she should have been there, I found out she was actually getting ready to get wasted that night for a friends birthday, or go clubbing/raving, etc.

The company I work for is ALWAYS understaffed and we can't afford to hire anyone new-so we're pretty much at the mercy of this girl until she decides to grow the fuck up. She's actually been stupid enough to say she: hurt her back, had bad cramps, grandma died, old softball coach died, dog died, overslept and couldn't find her keys, etc (all actual excuses, by the way), and then put her status as, "Can't wait to get shitfaced tonight with my besties! <333333" or something else equally idiotic.

It's like the "Boy Who Cried Wolf". No one will ever believe her when something bad actually happens.

:dry:

Edited by Chelsea831

fiercecircus

I call in sick sometimes, but it's usually for a legit reason (unless you're referring to my former job from hell, in which case i would call in for any excuse possible. I hated those fuckers. They fucking deserved it.) Actually, i havent' called in sick to either of my current jobs at all yet, though once i did ask to come in late b/c i was having an allergic reaction and was stoned on antihistimines (i slept it off for a while and then went in. No problems.)

Honestly i dont think people are heroes when they come to work sick. STAY THE FUCK HOME! I DON'T WANT YOUR GERMS! especially if they're vomiting. Keep that shit home! And also when you're really sick, you don't function well and other people wind up working twice as hard for you anyways.

Kaddi.

Honestly i dont think people are heroes when they come to work sick. STAY THE FUCK HOME! I DON'T WANT YOUR GERMS! especially if they're vomiting. Keep that shit home! And also when you're really sick, you don't function well and other people wind up working twice as hard for you anyways.

Exactly! I think the whole thing that people thing it's great when someone goes to work while being sick is just stupid. At my old job, one of my co-workers had a really bad cold once, so she asked if she could go home early. The shiftleader told her to stop being such a pussy and then started to brag about how he had worked the entire weekend while having the flue and fever. Oh wow, how very responsible and great of him, especially since we worked with food, so he could have easily infected hundreds of people every day. If you're sick, stay at home. No need to be hero (not that it's heroic anyway).

• Like 1

Holly

I just sent in a job application for another security company. I've been putting it off because I didn't want to ask my supervisor for a reference towards an application to their opposing company, but I finally decided to just send the application without that particular reference and tell them I could get them one if necessary. I do still want to work for G4S, that's who I'm with at the minute, but every weekend I spend twelve hours sitting on a bus to work in Scotland at the football Saturday and Sunday so I was hoping to get enough hours to not have to leave the city and waste all that time not being paid.

The company I've applied for said they have tonnes of applicants and don't currently have a recruitment interview lined up, but I'm hoping they might read through my application and get me some work anyway. I'm trained more than required and have tonnes of experience so fingers crossed. If I do get the job it'd be ace cause they have a contract with the Metro Radio Arena so I'd get to work the pit at tonnes of gigs, far more fun than shitty football.