Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Soccer (World Football)

• Please log in to reply
4433 replies to this topic

petros

petros
  • In Jizzus we trust

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts
  • Joined Sep 04, 2009
  • 2,358 rep

Liverpool on England, Juve on Italy...If only Real wins La liga and I'm a very happy person!

Andrew

Andrew
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2013
  • 1,736 rep
I actually care more about Liverpool winning the league than my own team making the play offs in the Championship. When was the last time the Premier League was won by a team that was not one of the major favourites before the season started? Very few would have even given them a chance 6 weeks ago. They've been such an entertaining team to watch all season as well, it's great to see a team play that way and still be successful. Personally I'd love to see them win it for Gerrard cause that guy deserves it more than anyone in the league, that speech he did to the players after the Man City game gave me goosebumps. :lol:

November's Storms

November's Storms
  • Welcome to Paradise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,166 posts
  • Joined Feb 09, 2010
  • 4,101 rep

Liverpool on England, Juve on Italy...If only Real wins La liga and I'm a very happy person!

Liverpool for England and Atletico for Spain! Both teams have surprised this season and shaken up the cosy dominance that the big teams once had. Hell, Liverpool have directly swapped places with Man Utd this season, it's insane.

JIGD13

JIGD13
  • I Turned into a Martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,671 posts
  • Joined Jul 02, 2012
  • 2,571 rep

This guy on TV says that he has a friend that bet that Atletico and Liverpool would win their respective leagues, and the chances were like 2000 to 1. He says that he bet a 3 digits number.

Nobody thought that at the beginning of the season

November's Storms

November's Storms
  • Welcome to Paradise

• 10,166 posts
  • Joined Feb 09, 2010
  • 4,101 rep

This guy on TV says that he has a friend that bet that Atletico and Liverpool would win their respective leagues, and the chances were like 2000 to 1. He says that he bet a 3 digits number.

Nobody thought that at the beginning of the season

Congratulations to him if he wins, that will be a lot of money, but I think anyone who spends hundreds on betting is a fool. One horrible thing about modern sport for me is the gambling element, it can ruin lives or at very least just steal some of your money. And I hate all the ads for the betting companies, they are so patronizing and unfunny.

SamMacs

SamMacs
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Joined Apr 09, 2011
  • 372 rep

#MoyesIn4ever  :(

But if he is getting the sack as it isn't confirmed as of this moment, I think that Wayne Rooney should get his job and be a playing manager. He's already bigger than the club so why not make him even bigger? :)

November's Storms

November's Storms
  • Welcome to Paradise

• 10,166 posts
  • Joined Feb 09, 2010
  • 4,101 rep

#MoyesIn4ever  :(

But if he is getting the sack as it isn't confirmed as of this moment, I think that Wayne Rooney should get his job and be a playing manager. He's already bigger than the club so why not make him even bigger? :)

They are planning a player-manager set up but I've heard that Giggs is taking over. Less reliable rumours that he will be the long term replacement, oh I hope so! As a Liverpool fan it's a shame Moyes didn't get another season but hopefully he's inflicted enough damage already.

SamMacs

SamMacs
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Joined Apr 09, 2011
  • 372 rep

They are planning a player-manager set up but I've heard that Giggs is taking over. Less reliable rumours that he will be the long term replacement, oh I hope so! As a Liverpool fan it's a shame Moyes didn't get another season but hopefully he's inflicted enough damage already.

Oh I hadn't heard of them having a player-manager but why not. I hope too that he's inflicted enough damage and/or that they get another poor replacement since it's fun to see them in misery. But I do think that it's a bit weird that Moyes gets sacked now, as he had his job for this long couldn't he as well stayed in charge for the remainder of the season but I suppose that either is the United's way of thinking or that something must have happened.

November's Storms

November's Storms
  • Welcome to Paradise

• 10,166 posts
  • Joined Feb 09, 2010
  • 4,101 rep

They defended by saying it's not the United way to sack someone so early. They should have either done it in December/January or wait until the end of the season. Doing it now would be just embarrassing for him and the club, and neither of them need that.

Rusty Hart

Rusty Hart
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
  • Joined Jun 23, 2012
  • 572 rep

Goodbye football genius :sorry:

Viva La Sonia!

Viva La Sonia!
  • Think Lovely Wonderful Thoughts

• 4,545 posts
  • Joined Jul 10, 2011
  • 1,758 rep
Well, what a surprise :rolleyes:

ANJI

ANJI
  • Drenched in Syn!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,723 posts
  • Joined Apr 09, 2009
  • 923 rep

About time we got rid of him, but I did feel quite sorry for Moyes throughout this season. I'd love if Jurgen Klopp is our next manager but don't think that will happen.

ThranaM

ThranaM
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Joined Nov 10, 2012
  • 612 rep

Poor Moyes.. Talented coach, and I think that United did wrong in firing him this late in the season. They should have let him finish.

Alan86

Alan86
  • It's Ok, Im a Limo Driver

• 4,600 posts
  • Joined Nov 16, 2005
  • 1,818 rep

He had to go, it was the right time. Sometimes you have to know when to cut your losses so you dont fall even further. He lost the dressing room, the board and alot of the fans. The fall from first to seventh in 1 season is to much especially considering he spent more in a single season than Sir Alex ever did. He had to go, I have no doubt hes a nice guy and gave it everything he had but he could not be trusted with 100's of millions of pounds after his performance . Frankly I think any other club in the top 4 would have sacked him months ago. He had a minimum target of champions league qualification in his contract and was given until it was mathamatically impossible before he was sacked. I wish him the best in the future, but im feeling excited about our who our next manager will be and what players he will be able to attract. Im going to the game against Sunderland on May 3rd and am excited to see Giggs as manager #MUFC

Mr Panda

Mr Panda
  • Let's be happy :)

• 3,881 posts
  • Joined Dec 18, 2012
  • 1,523 rep
However clueless he might have been, he was a very good man and deserved a lot more in his parting than the media gave him.
Whatever befalls on the club later, we should remain ever grateful for Rooney, Januzaj, Mata and De Gea and the groundwork you tried to lay.
Wish you well in your footballing pursuit, David Moyes. The Devil's place was too hot to handle. :(

Advertising

The Disappearing Boy

The Disappearing Boy
  • British Idiot.

• 14,151 posts
  • Joined Jan 02, 2007
  • 1,889 rep

eat it, baby blues

That little touch to the right makes me orgasm.

I actually care more about Liverpool winning the league than my own team making the play offs in the Championship. When was the last time the Premier League was won by a team that was not one of the major favourites before the season started? Very few would have even given them a chance 6 weeks ago. They've been such an entertaining team to watch all season as well, it's great to see a team play that way and still be successful. Personally I'd love to see them win it for Gerrard cause that guy deserves it more than anyone in the league, that speech he did to the players after the Man City game gave me goosebumps. :lol:

Same here actually! I'd be way more disappointed if Liverpool lost the league than if the Town didn't get 6th.

Sarcasm

Sarcasm
  • Arse Doctor. PhD/Bloodqueef McOral (and Hitler)

• 14,483 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2009
  • 8,836 rep
if Liverpool keeps it up they can afford to lose to Chelsea. 89 seems so far away.

Andrew

Andrew
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2013
  • 1,736 rep

Same here actually! I'd be way more disappointed if Liverpool lost the league than if the Town didn't get 6th.

It would probably be better for Forest not to get in the play offs, as we literally have the worst play off record ever and we'll most likely be playing our rivals, Derby and that ain't gonna be pretty if we lose :lol: But on the other hand, we'd go in with no pressure and it could work out better for us.

At least it's looking good for Liverpool :lol:

The Disappearing Boy

The Disappearing Boy
  • British Idiot.

• 14,151 posts
  • Joined Jan 02, 2007
  • 1,889 rep

It would probably be better for Forest not to get in the play offs, as we literally have the worst play off record ever and we'll most likely be playing our rivals, Derby and that ain't gonna be pretty if we lose :lol: But on the other hand, we'd go in with no pressure and it could work out better for us.

At least it's looking good for Liverpool :lol:

Worst play-off record ever? Between 97 and 2005 we appeared in them 6 times and lost in 5 and didn't get to the final in any of those. At least we did win one. I'd prefer us to stay out of them coz I think we have the basis of a decent team and I'd rather that was kept together and built on for next season when we could be an outside bet for the automatic spots with a couple of decent signings. We've been in the championship for 11 years, we can wait one more if we have to.

Andrew

Andrew
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2013
  • 1,736 rep

Worst play-off record ever? Between 97 and 2005 we appeared in them 6 times and lost in 5 and didn't get to the final in any of those. At least we did win one. I'd prefer us to stay out of them coz I think we have the basis of a decent team and I'd rather that was kept together and built on for next season when we could be an outside bet for the automatic spots with a couple of decent signings. We've been in the championship for 11 years, we can wait one more if we have to.

Yep, we've been in the play offs in 4 different seasons and not made it to a single final, with only one win in 8 games, and that was in the League One play offs against Yeovil. Horrendous :lol:

The Disappearing Boy

The Disappearing Boy
  • British Idiot.

• 14,151 posts
  • Joined Jan 02, 2007
  • 1,889 rep

Yep, we've been in the play offs in 4 different seasons and not made it to a single final, with only one win in 8 games, and that was in the League One play offs against Yeovil. Horrendous :lol:

I can see why both of us don't want to get into the playoffs!

November's Storms

November's Storms
  • Welcome to Paradise

• 10,166 posts
  • Joined Feb 09, 2010
  • 4,101 rep

Nice to read some Championship chat, because honestly I have no idea of what goes on down there. All I know is I don't want QPR back in the Premier League.

I feel bad for Moyes. I was revelling in his misery purely because he was at the helm of Manchester United, the most hateful club in English football (although Chelsea are trying hard to top that) and any defeat for him was a defeat for the club. Now though I see a much older man who has been harassed and embarrassed for the whole season and I do feel a bit of pity. Here's hoping United keep up the good work and appoint Ryan Giggs!

JIGD13

JIGD13
  • I Turned into a Martian

• 4,671 posts
  • Joined Jul 02, 2012
  • 2,571 rep

They, at least had to let Moyes end the season if they believed in his process coaching.

Alan86

Alan86
  • It's Ok, Im a Limo Driver

• 4,600 posts
  • Joined Nov 16, 2005
  • 1,818 rep

I feel bad for Moyes. I was revelling in his misery purely because he was at the helm of Manchester United, the most hateful club in English football

:lol:
good one :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users