Singles from ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, ¡Tre!

Fuzz

I thought this topic should warrant it's own thread. Let's talk about the singles coming from each album.

Here's what we know. Obviously "Oh Love" was first, released July 16th. It was mentioned in Billboard or Rolling Stone that the band intend to release 3-4 singles per album. Or at least, 3-4 songs, how many will be official single releases is still unknown.

"Oh Love" will get an EP release, but no new b-sides. The music video was shot the weekend of July 15th, and is expected to be released the first week of August.

It's assumed the next single will be Kill the DJ, coming mid-August. Some major stations in the UK (BBC) mentioned that Kill the DJ would be the UK single. Still unclear exactly what kind of release it'll get. Note that it's release hasn't been officially confirmed.

This thread will be to gather any information we can about upcoming releases. For conversation specific to a single release we'll have a dedicated topic for it, which I'll add below.

Topics for individual singles:

¡Uno!

"Oh Love"

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That next single will come August 14th according to the Ultimate Box Set details. Like you said, I would think "Kill the DJ" - not exactly sure why, though. Still hoping for "Stay the Night" as I am dying for that track.

I was hooked to the trailer of UNO very badly, if that song is Kill The Dj, I hope they release is as a single on 14th. That would make my day :P

I want them to release "Stay the Night". I don't like the idea of "Kill the DJ" as a single. It's not a bad song, it just isn't single material.

I was hooked to the trailer of UNO very badly, if that song is Kill The Dj, I hope they release is as a single on 14th. That would make my day :P

Bum bum bum ba da da. Beautifly catchy

I want them to release "Stay the Night". I don't like the idea of "Kill the DJ" as a single. It's not a bad song, it just isn't single material.

How can you even say if it's not single material? We don't even know how it goes! If they clip in the Uno trailer is Kill The DJ (and we're not sure of that), that's still not enough to determine how good of a song it is as a whole.

Personally, I'm intrigued by Kill The DJ and can't wait to hear it. I hope it is the next single!

(My sister pointed this out, and I kind of agree: Maybe the song in the Uno trailer isn't Kill The DJ. That song is supposed to be a four-on-the-floor dance song - that song doesn't have a four-on-the-floor drum beat. I don't know though. I'd be happy either way. :) )

How can you even say if it's not single material? We don't even know how it goes! If they clip in the Uno trailer is Kill The DJ (and we're not sure of that), that's still not enough to determine how good of a song it is as a whole.

Personally, I'm intrigued by Kill The DJ and can't wait to hear it. I hope it is the next single!

(My sister pointed this out, and I kind of agree: Maybe the song in the Uno trailer isn't Kill The DJ. That song is supposed to be a four-on-the-floor dance song - that song doesn't have a four-on-the-floor drum beat. I don't know though. I'd be happy either way. :) )

Just because I don't like dance music, since that's what Billie said it would be. It's just my opinion, I didn't say anyone had to agree with me.

Just because I don't like dance music, since that's what Billie said it would be. It's just my opinion, I didn't say anyone had to agree with me.

Don't be silly. We haven't even heard the entire song yet. If Billie would say that one of his new songs is inspired by a tree, would you hate it as well because you imagine it to be too woody?

Words can only discribe so much. Listen and then decide whether you like it or not

Don't be silly. We haven't even heard the entire song yet. If Billie would say that one of his new songs is inspired by a tree, would you hate it as well because you imagine it to be too woody?

Words can only discribe so much. Listen and then decide whether you like it or not

Well, being inspired by a tree is different. You can't make your song sound like a tree. If he really said that, I would like he was talking about lyrics. And alot of songs I like have some of the stupidest lyrics, so I can get past a tree. I'm not saying I don't like it just because of that. I actually think I probably will like it. I just don't think any "four-on-the-floor" song makes a good single. And IMO, "Stay the Night" should be released as a single first, since I personally like that one better than any of their other new songs. Again, it's my opinion, nobody has to agree wth it. You guys can think my opinion's stupid all you want.

Well, being inspired by a tree is different. You can't make your song sound like a tree. If he really said that, I would like he was talking about lyrics. And alot of songs I like have some of the stupidest lyrics, so I can get past a tree. I'm not saying I don't like it just because of that. I actually think I probably will like it. I just don't think any "four-on-the-floor" song makes a good single. And IMO, "Stay the Night" should be released as a single first, since I personally like that one better than any of their other new songs. Again, it's my opinion, nobody has to agree wth it. You guys can think my opinion's stupid all you want.

Sorry I totally missed the point. You said it was not single material in your opinion. I somehow presumed that you did not like it because Billie said it was a dance song.

My bad :)

Now who's the one who's being silly :P

i actually dont care about which song thats gonna be the next single, im just happy that there is coming new stuff!! :D

I too think it's Kill the DJ.

And I may be overanalyzing thing, but I think that they might have shot both the video for Oh Love and Kill the DJ already.

Why do I think this?

- The disco setting just fits with Kill The DJ, not so much with Oh Love.

- In the second MTV news video, watch Tré's drumming. He's playing the short notes that we can hear during the very beginning of the Uno Trailer: he hits the snare and floor tom with pauses in-between, this is something that isn't in the drumming for Oh Love. Of course this may be just him playing around to get good shots, but I'm fairly sure about this one. See the third image in the spoiler below, which shows Tré in the middle of this drum riff.

- There appear to be two sets in which they play. One is the one with carpet on the floor in which Tré plays on a natural wood-finish drum set, the other is the disco set that we've seen in the MTV news videos, in which Tré plays on a white finish drum set (unless the light are just making it look different). Also in the MTV news video during the interview, you can see that the disco lights seem to be coming from a different set, and the carpet-on-the-floor set has a spray painted background or something. See the first two images in the spoiler below.

Some images in the spoiler:

071612_ohlove-1.jpg

6rYiK.png

6m40j.png

One of the models that was in the video for the party scene posted that the video was for Oh Love.

The video was probably just for Oh Love. But still there's a chance they shot 2 videos at the same time or right after each other because they won't be having much time for shooting videos in about a month, or even now. I don't know

Cause all the songs played in the trailers are singles. Uno is Kill the DJ, Dos is Fuck Time, and Tre is 99 Revolutions. And by that small clip we can tell that its NOT Stay the Night, Let Yourself Go, or Oh Love, which are the other singles

How do you know that the song in Trè trailer is 99 Revolutions? :blink:

(N.B. This was writtten by Tman684 yesterday in the trilogy thread, that now is locked, so I can't quote him directly)

Anyway I really hope the next single will be Kill The DJ.

Oh Love music video will be released in the first week of August? :woot: I thought I read somewhere the first week of September (which was weird, because it seemed a bit late).. Oh well, too many exciting news and dates make me so confused.. :huh:

Oh Love music video will be released in the first week of August? :woot: I thought I read somewhere the first week of September (which was weird, because it seemed a bit late).. Oh well, too many exciting news and dates make me so confused.. :huh:

Where the fuck have you read that :runaround: i think they were talking about an othr single or something :P Bullshit :pinch:

One of the models that was in the video for the party scene posted that the video was for Oh Love.

Though we can't be absolutely sure that they didn't shoot two videos either way. They did this with BoBD and Holiday as well. The people who were in the BoBD video probably didn't get to see the Holiday one. :) But we'll just wait and see I suppose. :D

Where the fuck have you read that :runaround: i think they were talking about an othr single or something :P Bullshit :pinch:

Haha, I don't really know. But I was pretty sure I read September.. but probably it was for other single or such. :lol:

I know Uno is coming in September, that's for sure..

Haha, I don't really know. But I was pretty sure I read September.. but probably it was for other single or such. :lol:

haha okay :P but still... Veeeery wierd XD

Sorry I totally missed the point. You said it was not single material in your opinion. I somehow presumed that you did not like it because Billie said it was a dance song.

My bad :)

Now who's the one who's being silly :P

No need to be sorry, it's cool! :)

How do you know that the song in Trè trailer is 99 Revolutions? :blink:

Because it sounds very much like the version of 99 Revolutions played at Red 7 last year. Same guiatr and drum rhythm. Just a different solo, which they likely altered since then and now

Because it sounds very much like the version of 99 Revolutions played at Red 7 last year. Same guitar and drum rhythm. Just a different solo, which they likely altered since then and now

wow cool,

can you give the link of that, i want hear too..

[message type=off-topic][random]First time I saw the title of 99 revolutions it somehow made me think of 99 red balloons.[/random][/message type]

[message type=off-topic][random]First time I saw the title of 99 revolutions it somehow made me think of 99 red balloons.[/random][/message type]

0:33s - dat intro

Archived