Green Day Random News

Fuzz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty positive this hasn't been posted yet.. My apologies if it has!

From the new issue of Rolling Stone, November 8 2012, with Obama on the cover (again).

2n747jl.jpg

On this nugget from Dos - the forthcoming second installment in Green Day's trilogy of albums - Billie Joe Armstrong makes like a boy idol over Fifties-tinged blitzkrieg bubblegum unironically crooning fluffy school-age angst like "Ohhh, you're the only one that I'm dreaming of/Your precious heart." The buoyant bass line is a direct nick from the Jam's blue-eyed mod classic "Town Called Malice," and the feral-wolverine guitars raise rockabilly Hades all over your bedroom. The focused ruckus suggests Dos will continue Uno's trick of trading dystopian Seventies-style rock opera for Sixties-style rock & roll idealism. It's not their most high-concept experiment, but it's a pretty fun one. -- Jon Dolan

Pretty positive this hasn't been posted yet.. My apologies if it has!

From the new issue of Rolling Stone, November 8 2012, with Obama on the cover (again).

2n747jl.jpg

Pretty cool! Thanks for sharing! I always pick up a Rolling Stone wherever there happens to be one and flip through to see if Green Day is mentioned anywhere. :D It's always fun to find one where they're there.

By the way, does anyone know if Green Day's said anything about Billie's status in rehab? I'd just like to know how things are going for him. They shot a performance for the Stray Heart music video, right? You'd think that must mean he's doing a lot better.

I am not sure that this deserves it's own topic so I am posting it here. Looks lke John Lydon's talking shit about Green Day and Billie.... again. It made me laugh when he called Billie self-centered.

http://www.guitarwor...ublic-image-ltd

John Lydon is a bitter jealous old dick :)

I don't have time for anything he says these days because after all he has had his time and his 15 minutes of fame is over now and he still tries to cling on to it :lol:

Ooh, and when he implied Green Day was lazy! :mad: They give their hearts and souls to their fans everyday! They are some of the hardest working people I know of. I kind of hate this guy now. How dare you call Green Day a shame and a fiasco and accuse Billie of being self-centered. You're to real shame, John Lydon!

John Lydon bashes bands like green day because it gets him talked about! Specially on this forum. Every few months he mouths off about them and it winds up on this forum where people actually act surprised. Just ignore the bitter old man and maybe he'll go away.

Haha my phone auto corrected bitter to butter, appropriate xD

Was just going to say what achin' to be said. Who gives a fuck if someone says something bad about them, not everyone is going to be saying positive things. Plus, usually they're only doing it for the spotlight, so the more you give him it, the more he's bound to keep making comments like that. Just take a chill pill. :)

Guest Trotsky

John Lydon bashes bands like green day because it gets him talked about! Specially on this forum. Every few months he mouths off about them and it winds up on this forum where people actually act surprised. Just ignore the bitter old man and maybe he'll go away.

Haha my phone auto corrected bitter to butter, appropriate xD

"I am an anti-Christ I am an anarchist"...No, John Lydon...You're just a bitter (or butter) old man. :D

John Lydon can say what he likes, he's a legend

However I always get the feeling he doesn't know the whole story when he talks about Green Day, even in this interview he had to be told what happened. I think if he knew their back story he would have a bit more respect for them, I get the feeling he only knows post-American Idiot.

John Lydon is nothing more than an attention seeking douche who thinks a little too highly of himself.

Actually, Johnny Rotten ist doing the same thing Billie Joe did on the iHeart Radio stage with that Justin Bieber rant. He's just pissed about a younger generation's music, which is a pretty normal thing for punk rock people. Although John's a bitter asshole now, it's great that he hasn't become everybody's darling, nice and boring.

It's ironic that he is picking on Green Day for that when his last show with the Sex Pistols ended with him saying "ever feel like you've been cheated?" and walking off stage. Seems hypocritical to me based on what he was saying in that article.

It's ironic that he is picking on Green Day for that when his last show with the Sex Pistols ended with him saying "ever feel like you've been cheated?" and walking off stage. Seems hypocritical to me based on what he was saying in that article.

He said that at the end of the show, and circumstances were completely different. The Sex Pistols were being cheated by Malcolm McLaren and had every right to be pissed off. They have reformed several times since so it wasn't their last ever show. Other than that I agree with your other post

Let Yourself go is being used on the MTV VMA advert - very minor news but yano i thought it was cool, also sorry if its already been said.

Apparently their are at least 2 different adverts for it and in another they use clips from Bullet in a Bible

John Lydon can say what he likes, he's a legend

However I always get the feeling he doesn't know the whole story when he talks about Green Day, even in this interview he had to be told what happened. I think if he knew their back story he would have a bit more respect for them, I get the feeling he only knows post-American Idiot.

I think that's about right in this scenario. He says "If you walk offstage and you've robbed people of the price of their ticket and not give them a full performance, then yeah, you're a cheat and a ripoff." But Green Day was not the one to end their set short. Billie Joe did not walk off stage in the middle of his set with plenty of time left that the crowd missed out on. He was cut off by iHeart, so to be specific, he didn't rob the people of the price of their ticket, iHeart did. He played his allotment of time. It's not his fault that time was cut by iHeart.

But he's got his own views of Green Day and nobody is going to change that. If he hates Green Day for whatever his reason may be, then chances are he will always say negative things about them when he gets the opportunity.

And in all honesty, I'm sick of the iHeart radio story. It's time for magazines to move on from it. Like how about updating us on what singles are being released instead of feeding us the same story and same interviews about iHeart.

Iheart didnt cut GD's set hell even Billie said 30 mins in the interview with Kennedy before the show...

GD are on the cover of Electronic Musician. Not sure if anyone knew...

Archived