Green Day Random News

Fuzz

.... that's literally the dumbest contest I've ever heard of. Do they know why we even started promoting the shit out of Dos in the first place? :lol:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.... that's literally the dumbest contest I've ever heard of.

i only use my instagram to creep on them so it wouldnt be entertaining to follow me.

i really hope dannydirnt craps himself with joy

Ok, I've just seen the German Frühstücksfernsehen (Breakfast TV) and they promoted Stray Hearrt as Green day's new single and also UNO! DOS! TRÈ! (which they calles tres :( ) But more important: they said that Billie Joe is getting better, which is supposed to be posted on their webside (can't find a new statement about Billie though) but it's more like a gossip show anyway :D

Well, I thought I should mention it here. I was really happy to see the Boys on TV! Even though they just showed the Stray Heart Video

.... that's literally the dumbest contest I've ever heard of. Do they know why we even started promoting the shit out of Dos in the first place? :lol:

haha i was confused and the prize is more confused to me.. :lol: :lol:

i only use my instagram to creep on them so it wouldnt be entertaining to follow me.

i really hope dannydirnt craps himself with joy

i hope dannydirnt would win.

Has this been posted yet?

Interview: Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong on '¡Uno!,' '¡Dos!' and '¡Tre!' (Guitar World)

“I just think, Holy shit, I’ve been documenting my feelings in songs since I was 16 years old,” he says. “And I’ve gone through 20-something years just documenting how some of those feelings have changed and how you evolve from a kid to an ex-kid, to a man-child, or whatever you want to call it. You realize how juvenile, maybe, some of your feelings still are. And sometimes you see how you evolved as an individual.”

"So with the new stuff, that kind of thing just came naturally. I think that the first songs that were written were ‘Stay the Night,’ ‘Nuclear Family’ and ‘Carpe Diem.’ So there was this power-pop thing happening. Then it became, like, ‘Guys, no ballads. Let’s just write rock and roll!’ But all of a sudden ‘Oh Love’ came out. It’s not really a ballad, but it’s not a power-pop song either. It’s powerful, but it’s slower and it’s got a groove to it. It’s kind of something we haven’t really done before, and at the same time it’s pretty epic.”

“On our last tour, we were playing a lot of old songs, like ‘Who Wrote Holden Caufield?’ and ‘One for the Razorbacks,’” Armstrong says. “It was really fun. And sometimes when you’re in the middle of playing the song you start to realize, Oh, god, I remember who this song was about. I remember what I was feeling at that time. How is it relevant to me now? You almost get lost in all that, and you’re performing it in front of 10,000 people or whatever. It’s a trip going back like that. I think we were reluctant to do that before the last tour, but then we just started bringing those songs in. We’ve always wanted to write songs that we could play 20 years later, like the Rolling Stones are able to play ‘19th Nervous Breakdown’ and stuff like that.”

read more here (it's a 4 pages interview/article): http://www.guitarwor...uno-dos-and-tre

2mi26v6.png

Dos is the 2nd alternative album right now ^__^

amwbhi.png

It is also the number 10 album right now in all genres ^__^

dont know if its been posted but apparently you can win getting followed by Mike in instagram from a month...

You may have seen Mike Dirnt's post on Instagram last night. Let's show him just how creative we are and spread the word of ¡DOS!

Help spread todays release of ¡DOS! by creating a graphic, poster, banner, blog, review, song, or anything else creative! Post the link to it directly or a screenshot of your creation and post it in the comments section of this post!

Mike has agreed to pick a favorite and "follow" them on Instagram for a month. Then the following month Mike will pick a new favorite to "follow" for the release of ¡TRE!

Get crackin'! Mike will pick his favorite a week from today, 11/20/12.

Follow Mike's Instagram account @mike_dosxx

Make sure to post your own Instagram name on your post so Mike can find you!

via greenday.com

Wow... :lol: are twelve year olds in charge of the competitions on greenday.com these days?! Followed by Mike for a month? Fuck a doodle doo! They are really very clueless as to why we are trying to get the word out about the album...it's hardly to get their attention! :lol:

They are really very clueless as to why we are trying to get the word out about the album...it's hardly to get their attention! :lol:

Truest statement ever. Maybe if we start a thread why the GDC team should run GreenDay.com theyll notice too haha

Wow... :lol:/> are twelve year olds in charge of the competitions on greenday.com these days?! Followed by Mike for a month? Fuck a doodle doo! They are really very clueless as to why we are trying to get the word out about the album...it's hardly to get their attention! :lol:/>

Maybe it's just a fun incentive to get people to want to join in.

Truest statement ever. Maybe if we start a thread why the GDC team should run GreenDay.com theyll notice too haha

It's only a matter of time haha...they are only holding off the inevitable :lol:

I wouldn't even want Mike to follow me unless he actually wanted to and did it himself. :lol:

Exactly...I would feel totally lame...it would feel fake. I know they sometimes just randomly follow fans anyway and that would actually mean something not being followed for a month because you won a competition and the management/record company told Mike to follow someone. That feels like something I would have gone in for when I was a kid (and loved boybands who would have done that sort of thing...if instagram existed...yes i just admited to loving boybands as a kid :lol::sorry: )

Wow... :lol: are twelve year olds in charge of the competitions on greenday.com these days?! Followed by Mike for a month? Fuck a doodle doo! They are really very clueless as to why we are trying to get the word out about the album...it's hardly to get their attention! :lol:

awwww..just a month!? :P

Eh... I had already done the art thing for GDC... I put it in just to see what would happen...

I'm just curious as to what would happen if Mike followed me, even for a month, from a pretty stupid contest... I'd expect a lot of hate...

But yeah... it seems like they're paying attention to GDC and stealing the ideas from here...

Not to mention like, how is it garaunteed that he'll follow you? It's not like Warner can shut down his Instagram if he doesn't or something :lol: Not to make it sound like a douche move, but I just wonder how that whole idea for the contest was formed.

Not to mention like, how is it garaunteed that he'll follow you? It's not like Warner can shut down his Instagram if he doesn't or something :lol: Not to make it sound like a douche move, but I just wonder how that whole idea for the contest was formed.

I'm pretty sure Mike is in on the whole thing (they said that he'd be the one who chose). *shrugs* It's his instagram account. I can't imagine anyone forcing him to do anything.

I mean, really, the whole reason they made those accounts was for fun, promo purposes and communication with the fans (besides Tre, who was on it a lot longer)... Their login names speak to that.

As to who came up with the contest, who knows. *shrugs* I do think they noticed how many fans were doing their own promo stuff for the albums... Hey, optimistically speaking, it could have been that Mike volunteered for it... I mean, what's so horrific about following one fan for a month? He could just ignore it.

He probably did come up with the idea himself. We know he saw the thread with the flyers people were making and we know he was impressed by it. Some people are never happy!

Green Day is coming to Finland next summer! :)) They're gonna perform at rock the beach-festival in june! im so happy right now (:

I don't know which tread i should've posted this, but this seemed okay

article here in finnish:

http://www.tiketti.fi/Rock-The-Beach-festivaali-tuo-Helsinkiin-mm-Green-Dayn-uutiset/8039

and sorry for bad english

They're gonna perform at rock the beach-festival in june!

Awesome news, I can't wait!! :runaround: :runaround: :runaround:

I'm kinda confused about this, Tiketti doesn't say which day they are performing and they only sell tickets for all three days? I guess we will have to wait for details since it's over 8 months away, I don't mind though, as long as we'll get to see them in Finland again!

Archived