Green Day Random News

Fuzz

I didn't realise he went to meet people before the show. I swear I keep friggin losing chances :cry:

This! Although I don't think he usually goes to meet people so this was probably an exception. You just never know. I will dream on though! :-)

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This! Although I don't think he usually goes to meet people so this was probably an exception. You just never know. I will dream on though! :-)

Yeah I suppose it's usually Mike or Tre, but still XD I'll dream on too, but I won't hold my breath.

I didn't realise he went to meet people before the show. I swear I keep friggin losing chances :cry:

Lighten up, it was right before the show, while The Baseballs were playing. I think we would lose our spots forever if we went to meet and greet with Billie, especially if you were in the first row ;)

Lighten up, it was right before the show, while The Baseballs were playing. I think we would lose our spots forever if we went to meet and greet with Billie, especially if you were in the first row ;)

Oh was it during The Baseballs? Nevermind then :lol: I just thought it was earlier in the day.

I went to Rolling Stone Italy's website and saw this... Green Day are listed between the 10 worst bands of the 90s according to a survey done by them and they're 10th... Wtf? :mellow:

anyway if you click you can enjoy a international superhits car :lol:

More live reviews from last night:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/jun/02/green-day-emirates-review - four out of five stars, very positive, although it really bothers me that they keep referring to Green Day as 'emo'. :dry:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/arts/music/livereviews/article3780808.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2013_06_02 - four out of five stars again, but you have to subscribe to see the whole review. First couple of paragraphs give you a good idea though.

http://whatculture.com/music/green-day-99-revolutions-tour-review-emirates-london.php - Excellent review, and accurate in its criticisms although it is overall very positive.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/81967/green-day-@-emirates-stadium-london-1062013 - generally quite positive again, very true comment surrounding Brutal Love, but what does he mean by 'muddy' sound?

http://louderthanwar.com/green-day-emirates-stadium-london-live-review/ - not extremely negative, but dwelling on the 'greatest hits' nature of setlist.

Since when have they been emo?

According to some, since 2004 when Billie Joe's eyeliner phase supposed took off. It's complete bullshit because he and Tre were wearing it back when they were Gilman regulars. Some say Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Wake Me Up When September Ends are typical 'emo' songs; again, complete and utter crap - they're examples of melodic, melancholic alternative rock, besides which, they're hardly whiny ass tracks about slitting your wrists over a girl, are they?

So, yeah, the accusations been thrown around many times, and most of the time, the people using it haven't a clue what they're on about. I can forgive the Guardian: they were well meaning and full of praise, and they're a broadsheet newspaper, anyhow. They don't know anything about music, so this is pretty impressive.

They changed it to Armstrong now, but kept the second reference of "Anderson" in, so now it's all kinds of fucked up. And Billie is still spelled wrong too. :lol:

I can't believe NME actually posted the text from the printed set list with the misspellings and different songs *head-desk*

Ugh. Fact-check fail. What hurts my heart is that they had to actually type out these misspellings while looking at the setlist picture. Come ON. :blink:

The video of PSY responding to Billie on being called herpes is near the top of the videos reddit. The comments are so blindly ignorant...

The video of PSY responding to Billie on being called herpes is near the top of the videos reddit. The comments are so blindly ignorant...

http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/1fle8g/psy_reacts_to_being_called_herpes_by_green_days/

Yup, it's almost on the front page by now.

Man, the comments aren't pretty. :( I wish Green Day was a more respected band.

http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/1fle8g/psy_reacts_to_being_called_herpes_by_green_days/

Yup, it's almost on the front page by now.

Man, the comments aren't pretty. :( I wish Green Day was a more respected band.

They are pretty well respected, though.

• Five grammys
  • Albums, even the goddamn trilogy, are well received. Take a holistic view of critical reviews, and in places they're too postive.
  • How many people turned up in London on Saturday? More that that for Coldplay or Muse, and neither of them get that much internet hate.

Has it ever occurred to you that the amount of commercial AND critical success that a band has is directly correlated with the number of keyboard warriors yelling about how much they "suck ballz"? ;)

They are pretty well respected, though.

• Five grammys
  • Albums, even the goddamn trilogy, are well received. Take a holistic view of critical reviews, and in places they're too postive.
  • How many people turned up in London on Saturday? More that that for Coldplay or Muse, and neither of them get that much internet hate.

Has it ever occurred to you that the amount of commercial AND critical success that a band has is directly correlated with the number of keyboard warriors yelling about how much they "suck ballz"? ;)

I agree with all of that! At the end of the day, people are getting caught up in all the chart music. And they don't play Green Day or anything good on the chart radios, but green day have got a huge fan base still. People are just to blind to see how brilliant they actually are.

I agree with all of that! At the end of the day, people are getting caught up in all the chart music. And they don't play Green Day or anything good on the chart radios, but green day have got a huge fan base still. People are just to blind to see how brilliant they actually are.

You saw how many people turn up at the emirates ( and the rest of the tour ) it doesn't matter about if you hit the charts .... All that matters is that you still are around and playing good music and selling out shows :)

Green day do it perfectly and still have a massive fanbase ..... Bigger than psy's thou :lol:

Exactly.

The fact that they've been able to maintain their huge fan base without much mainstream exposure in the last couple of years is a real testament to their popularity. I've said it before, I'll say it again: they're not hated, they're - whether or not you're a fan this is something you have to admit - utterly adored.

You saw how many people turn up at the emirates ( and the rest of the tour ) it doesn't matter about if you hit the charts .... All that matters is that you still are around and playing good music and selling out shows :)

Green day do it perfectly and still have a massive fanbase ..... Bigger than psy's thou :lol:

Yehh! Exactly! I was at the front get crushed! Haha. And the Emirates gig says it all! They got the attendance record, Bigger than coldplay or muse, so that proves it. And i know, it doesn't matter about the charts. But i had a look at that link posted earlier. And some of the comments said "there music isnt mainstream anymore", which does'nt bother me because as i said their fanbase in massive. but it just proves how mainstream people are and thats why there was so many nasty comments towards green day.

And yes! They do, do it perfectly ahaa!

Exactly.

The fact that they've been able to maintain their huge fan base without much mainstream exposure in the last couple of years is a real testament to their popularity. I've said it before, I'll say it again: they're not hated, they're - whether or not you're a fan this is something you have to admit - utterly adored.

Could not agree more! Their not hated at all! People just won't admit it! haha

http://www.smemoranda.it/post/1111

I'm sorry it's in Italian... Anyway, this article's been written by a member of an Italian band called Finley (which I know is fan of Green Day and did a cover of St Jimmy... I don't like them anyway).

They met Green Day at Prima Donna's show and-the intersting thing- interviewed them! As you can read at the end of this article, this guy says that after the show he told our guys that his band has got a radio show, he asked if they wanted to be their guests and

Do you know how it ended?

On Sunday, June 9th, tune in Radio Kiss Kiss from 13.00 to 15.00. Our program is called Kiss Kiss my ass. Guess who will be the guests of honor ...

:woot:

Exactly.

Green Day fans on a Green Day fan forum justifying why Green Day is great. Not lies, just ironic. Anyway, Reddit is full of pretentious, overly-liberal hipster doofuses. Their comments on any thread make me cringe. (They have an awfully bad sense of humor too.)

Green Day fans on a Green Day fan forum justifying why Green Day is great. Not lies, just ironic. Anyway, Reddit is full of pretentious, overly-liberal hipster doofuses. Their comments on any thread make me cringe. (They have an awfully bad sense of humor too.)

You've completely missed the point. I'm not justifying why Green Day are 'great'. I'm saying that they are, objectively, still an extremely popular band, which has nothing to do with the quality of their music. I personally think people who whine on about how everyone seems to 'hate' Green Day are the ones who need to get a reality check and chill the fuck out.

Archived