Green Day Random News

Fuzz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats sooo awesome !! ..... "I WAS THERE" hahahaa :D

Nice! You were a part of history! Jealous of the setlist for your show. I saw them in Pittsburgh on Easter. At least we got Good Riddance to close out the show. Would have loved to hear Waiting and Missing You.

Nice! You were a part of history! Jealous of the setlist for your show. I saw them in Pittsburgh on Easter. At least we got Good Riddance to close out the show. Would have loved to hear Waiting and Missing You.

I had the honor of attending the opening show of the (arena) tour, but we had the prototypical set list

I was there too. We were the first show on the 99 Revolutions Tour to get TOYL. I think we got a pretty good setlist, that's just me though.

I was there too. We were the first show on the 99 Revolutions Tour to get TOYL. I think we got a pretty good setlist, that's just me though.

Oh, yeah, definitely. Not complaining.

Edit: LOLz I should read articles before I jump to confused conclusions.

Still awesome though.

And while it's silly to worry too much about Green Day popularity, I do get this impression that they are maintaining their popularity better in the UK and Europe than in the USA. But that's just because I'm a disgruntled American, I guess. That might not be true, but seeing how some of the arenas weren't totally full here during the tour, it'd be interesting to see if they would sell an American stadium as well as they did a London one nowadays.

Mike is on the cover of the current issue of American Music Supply magazine. I nearly flipped my shit when I saw it.

Mike is on the cover of the current issue of American Music Supply magazine. I nearly flipped my shit when I saw it.

Mike... like the guy that plays bass guitar?!?!?!11111!

And while it's silly to worry too much about Green Day popularity, I do get this impression that they are maintaining their popularity better in the UK and Europe than in the USA. But that's just because I'm a disgruntled American, I guess. That might not be true, but seeing how some of the arenas weren't totally full here during the tour, it'd be interesting to see if they would sell an American stadium as well as they did a London one nowadays.

Yeah, it seems like the most popular music now in America is music that isn't Green Day. At my school, the majority of the students listen to crap like Eminem, Lil Wayne, shit like that. I wore my Green Day shirt to school once, and the amount of crap I got about it was ridiculous. I realize that my school doesn't represent the entire nation, but the fact that a lot of youth is listening to shitty music rather than bands like Green Day shows that this kind of music could die out eventually.....

Yeah, it seems like the most popular music now in America is music that isn't Green Day. At my school, the majority of the students listen to crap like Eminem, Lil Wayne, shit like that. I wore my Green Day shirt to school once, and the amount of crap I got about it was ridiculous. I realize that my school doesn't represent the entire nation, but the fact that a lot of youth is listening to shitty music rather than bands like Green Day shows that this kind of music could die out eventually.....

Although I disagree with the thing on Eminem, just because he's one of my favorite artists. I Agree with everything else you said, I live in a small town in the Midwest, where a lot of the music is either Top 40 Pop or Country, so people find it strange when someone would listen to bands like Green Day or Bad Religion or just Rock music in general lol.

Maybe old news; the latest Kerrang has a one page piece on Emily's Army and BJA in the top 50 rockstars.

Agreed.

Eminem and Lil Wayne would be an improvement to what most people listen to now, imo. :ermm:

Green Day set new attendance record at the Emirates stadium.

..... Now it's been revealed that the venue sold out all 60,000 tickets for the first time. Other acts including Coldplay and Bruce Springsteen have played sell-out shows at the Emirates Stadium in the past but their attendance figures were lower....

http://www.nme.com/news/green-day/70691

EdIt: sorry I have just repeated an earlier post in random news, but it is so good it is worth repeating.

Okay, that's not a Green Day new, but the Rolling Stone magazine talked about Emily's Army and their new album: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/emilys-army-carry-the-punk-torch-on-lost-at-seventeen-album-premiere-20130606?stop_mobi=yes

From Joey's Twitter:

@JoeyRoofus: Waking up to my face on rolling stone is unreal.

Addie tweeted about it too:

@mnnesotagirl: Baby boy all growns up... http://t.co/ZUzInQtpAV

"These guys have shown so much growth since they started. Real teenage, loud, fast rock & roll," Billie Joe Armstrong tells Rolling Stone. "Bands like these guys make it easy to produce and it's the reason why I love rock & roll - except the drummer gives me a hard time!"

Green Day's "Dookie" for sale on Google Play Music for $3.99. It has climbed to #3 on the top albums list!

https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Green_Day_Dookie?id=Bzkq3rbarv4b4ef7qo2ivbvc7uy&feature=music_featured#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLG51bGwsImFsYnVtLUJ6a3EzcmJhcnY0YjRlZjdxbzJpdmJ2Yzd1eSJd

Idk...kind of find this low of Rolling Stone. Billie interviewed with Rolling Stone and allowed them that info, and it sounds like they just turned around and mocked him.

Most of the other examples mentioned there, like the Santana one, were actually spectacular performances. Let's be honest, the iHeart radio performance was objectively terrible. Billie Joe's singing and guitar playing were way off. The only things worthy of mention during that show, was the number of "fuck"'s he managed to spew out in under a minute. This a total embarrassment. For some reason, I was hoping they'd write about the MTV Jaded in Chicago gig, because at least then they delivered the songs well.

Most of the other examples mentioned there, like the Santana one, were actually spectacular performances. Let's be honest, the iHeart radio performance was objectively terrible. Billie Joe's singing and guitar playing were way off. The only things worthy of mention during that show, was the number of "fuck"'s he managed to spew out in under a minute. This a total embarrassment. For some reason, I was hoping they'd write about the MTV Jaded in Chicago gig, because at least then they delivered the songs well.

I honestly thought it was going to be the Jaded in Chicago gig also. I really didn't think they would reference iHeart

I am not surprised, considering how fucking obsessed people are with that iHeart Radio incident.

don't know if it's been posted somewhere yet but :

INTERVIEW WITH MIKE :woot:

http://www.americanmusical.com/content--name-mike-dirnt-interview

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

some exciting stuff;

Q:Will we ever see the follow-up albums from The Network, Foxboro Hot Tubs or another incarnation of Green Day??

MIKE:We've recorded a ton of music that someday no matter what direction or style it comes from shall be released!

Q:Few artists get to experience the longevity that Green Day has enjoyed. Was there a moment when you realized that you finally made it in the music industry?

MIKE:I think when I heard somebody next to me humming Longview in an elevator, I knew we had gotten our music to the masses.

Heads up there's a new twitter (billiejoe_unoxx) claiming to be bja however it's not (his is bj_unoxx)

Heads up there's a new twitter (billiejoe_unoxx) claiming to be bja however it's not (his is bj_unoxx)

Actually his twitter is @BJAOfficial. His instagram is indeed bj_unoxx though.

Since we now have a Green Day News section, we're going to start afresh with a new Random News thread there :). Please only use it to post the smallest most insignificant news that you really don't think needs its own thread. Otherwise always go ahead and make a thread :thumbsup:

Archived